When is Texas gonna set this conference up proper??

TMul

I thought surely by now Texas would set this conference up with a primo network deal on par with the contract the Big 10 has with ESPN/ABC. Not yet. The Big 10 has their plush deal with ESPN/ABC, the SEC has CBS, why hasn't Texas moved their big, fat nasty weight around and bullied Notre Dame off of NBC or set up some sort of exclusive deal with Fox?? You'd figure they'd have done it by now, nobody can bully Texas, are they gonna set something up or what? This is their conference, were all here for the ride. I know a couple UT fans that are passed the boiling point of watching the Whorns on versus. They see it as the SEC has CBS, the Big 10 ESPN/ABC, the Big 12 should have an exclusive Fox Sports package deal, or kick Notre Dame off of NBC. The remaining conferences can fight for the scraps. Are there any TV/Media guys that post here??

Shouldn't this be on a Texas board considering this doesn't relate to the Huskers in any way other than the fact that they are in the Big 12?

I, personally, could care less about seeing a Texas game because I'm extremely indifferent. I'm completely disagree with Texas being the power of this conference. If they were the power they'd be winning B12 championships more (media bias and BCS leap frogging aside).

Texas could not bully ND out of that NBC contract. There are tons of Notre Dame fans out there considering their television tradition. T.V. deals are ridiculous and completely biased imho.

Shouldn't this be on a Texas board considering this doesn't relate to the Huskers in any way other than the fact that they are in the Big 12?

I, personally, could care less about seeing a Texas game because I'm extremely indifferent. I'm completely disagree with Texas being the power of this conference. If they were the power they'd be winning B12 championships more (media bias and BCS leap frogging aside).

Texas could not bully ND out of that NBC contract. There are tons of Notre Dame fans out there considering their television tradition. T.V. deals are ridiculous and completely biased imho.

maybe i read it wrong, but i was taking texas as the state of texas having the most bargaining power with a network for the big 12. Just the way i read it, may be wrong though.

Why would this get moved?? I am a Nebraska football fan and this has everything to do with watching Nebraska football on television. The TV gig NU/Big 12/Texas currently has is crap. Texas is apart of the Big 12 correct?? Texas runs this conference, if they wanted NU out of this conference it would happen in a heart beat.

TV deals are based on 1 thing only, $$$$$$. Texas has a lot in case you didn't know. I think they have a little bit more then Notre Dame. That's why I brought his topic up because the TV contract The Big 12 is tied too, SUCKS!! Texas happens to be apart of this, they pull the strings.

Why would this get moved?? I am a Nebraska football fan and this has everything to do with watching Nebraska football on television. The TV gig NU/Big 12/Texas currently has is crap. Texas is apart of the Big 12 correct?? Texas runs this conference, if they wanted NU out of this conference it would happen in a heart beat.

TV deals are based on 1 thing only, $$$$$$. Texas has a lot in case you didn't know. I think they have a little bit more then Notre Dame. That's why I brought his topic up because the TV contract The Big 12 is tied too, SUCKS!! Texas happens to be apart of this, they pull the strings.

In the original post.

the Big 12 should have an exclusive Fox Sports package deal

If I am understanding you correctly you are talking about the big 12 conference having their own network. The Big 12 of which Nebraska is a member also has 11 other teams.

Nothing personal just where it should go.

I was watching ESPN's Top Plays yesterday and they had a clip of a Big 12 basketball game. What surprised me was on the clip it said Big 12 Network in the lower lefthand corner. I thought there was no Big 12 network?

It's not really a Big XII network. ESPN just likes to come up with fancy things to put on big xii games that aren't on the main channels.

<_<

Texas runs the conference. ?????????

If Texas wanted Nebraska out of the conference it would happen in a heart beat. ????????

What you smokin' Rufus?

As to Texas having more money than Notre Dame. Sorry, but I went to a small catholic university and I still get more solicitations in the mail from ND than I do from my school. ND wouldn't run out of money if they never got another donation.

Your assumptions just don't make sense.

T_O_B

:)

<_<

Texas runs the conference. ?????????

If Texas wanted Nebraska out of the conference it would happen in a heart beat. ????????

What you smokin' Rufus?

As to Texas having more money than Notre Dame. Sorry, but I went to a small catholic university and I still get more solicitations in the mail from ND than I do from my school. ND wouldn't run out of money if they never got another donation.

Your assumptions just don't make sense.

T_O_B

:)

Actually, Texas does. Significantly more. Here is the size of their endowment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._...es_by_endowment

$15.B to $5.9B. Granted, the stats are a little skewed due to the respective sizes, but the University of Texas is a freaking juggernaut. Poor Nebraska only has $1.2B

just to throw this in here, but the Big 12 network would be a bad idea. For example, the Big 10 network is slowly finding a way on to cable lineups and mostly on the higher pay tier because the network is one of the more costly networks to broadcast for cable companies. Also the Big 10 is still regional so say Iowa fans in say Ohio would most likely see a NW game if they are on at the same time, just guessing that would be the same for the Big 12. So if the Big 12 does start a network it would still make it hard to see your favorite Big 12 team play in other areas. And plus cable rates will keep on going up. It would be great if they could get a more exclusive deal with one of the major networks to start.

Texas runs this conference, if they wanted NU out of this conference it would happen in a heart beat.

:bs: This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time! What are you a Longhorn booster? Or do you just enjoy the taste of TU's ass?

I'm tired of fans acting as if NU is the bastard stepchild of the Big 12. Without the Huskers there would not be a Big 12 conference. :steam I'm gonna stop now cause I feel like flaming the $h!# out you for this one!

Texas runs this conference, if they wanted NU out of this conference it would happen in a heart beat.

:bs: This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time! What are you a Longhorn booster? Or do you just enjoy the taste of TU's ass?

I'm tired of fans acting as if NU is the bastard stepchild of the Big 12. Without the Huskers there would not be a Big 12 conference. :steam I'm gonna stop now cause I feel like flaming the $h!# out you for this one!

I'm guessing he was being sarcastic. Kicking Nebraska out would be ridiculous, but Texas does in fact think they run this conference (the state of Texas, that is). I remember when the Big XII formed it was the Big 8 bailing out Texas and aTm since the SWC was folding (partly due to Arkansas bolting but mainly due to the massive amount of cheating at SMU but also aTm). The Big 8 also took TTech and Baylor so they could get their 12 members and have a CCG, but it was still the Big 8 bailing out Texas and aTm. And no sooner did that happen then the conference basketball tournament was moved out of KC and into Dallas, the football championship had to be rotated to Texas, the conference offices had to be moved to Texas, the list goes on. Texas does think they own this conference.

But to be honest, in the age we're in with the big TV contracts and all that, having Texas (the state) as part of the conference is a very good thing. There's a ton of football talent there that considers not just UT and aTm but the rest of the conference as the "hometown" conference, and the fact that there are so many TVs in Texas could do a lot to help the conference's bargaining, and that's probably (or at least should be) the main argument of the original post. I don't think having a conference network is a good idea, and I don't think the original post was advocating that, but a better TV deal could be had. Fox currently doesn't have regular season games on its broadcast network (it's part of the reason ESPN now has the BCS contract) so there's no reason the Big XII shouldn't be able to negotiate a good deal with Fox (NBC is never letting go of ND, we all hate them but that's a fantasy) and get its regular season games on network TV, especially considering the viewing markets Texas brings to the table - Houston is, I believe, the 4th largest city in the country, and Dallas and San Antonio are attractive as well. They make KC, St. Louis, and Denver (not to mention the HUGE national following of NU and UT) that much more appealing, and if that was the original argument of the post, then I whole heartedly agree.

First of all I live here in the state of Colorado, transplanted from the western panhandle of Nebraska. I am as big as a Husker fan as the rest of you and as I see Texas plates all over this state, each time I see one on the highway, down whorns single comes out my driver's window, I HATE TEXAS. I am just much much more realistic in point a view of where Nebraska stands in this conference-it ain't the Big 8 anymore and this ain't the 70s, 80s, 90s, this is 00s where $$$$$ and TV sets rule CFB.

NU IS the bastard stepchild of this conference, they were the only 1 not to bow down to Texas. Who won the fight?? How did all the rules end up?? Where are the conference head quarters? How fast did TO split?? Where is the conference championship game about to be permanently moved to (Dallas)? I think you have that messed up, without Texas ($$$$ and TV Sets) there would be no Big 12. Add Notre Dame into the equation. Without Nebraska in the Big 12, Texas moves on and adds TCU or somebody else from the state in a heart beat. For all intensive purposes though without the Big 12, NU is on the lost lagoon, No conference. Tell me what pull NU has in this conference?? Moderate $$$, smallest state population at 1.7 million, the Volleyball team and John Cook??

Yeah, it would be nice to have an exclusive contract with a major network. Sure as heck beats paying $30.00 a game 4-5 times a season. :bang

This is exactly what I was going for. Texas will not be out done on just about anything related to money and exposure. One would think by now they would've secured the rights to a major network contract for the Big 12s football games. They need to go beat up on Notre Dame and kick them out of their contract with NBC so the Big 12 has exclusive rights on that network. I suppose it's just a matter of time.