What the KU board is saying about NU game

husker76

jake sharpe graduated from my high school (although a few years after I did) where many quality high school backs have gone through. Jake set pretty much every KS high school mark you can think of, often while only playing a half or three quarters. then in Track he set some records in sprints (however not the 100m as Terrence Newman holds that record). He was a great in-state get for the Mangino's and has helped them turn the corner.

Having said all that, he is NOT a gamebreaker. Evidenced by his ypc and his inability to carry a large load in big games. He does have good vision and can break some decent long gains once in awhile, but he really is a system back who cannot run between the tackles and strectch long gains play after play. Right now he would not start at NU, OU, CU, Texas, TAMU, OSU, or TT. That's less than half the B12 teams.

I like Jake Sharpe, he's from my hometown. I have watched him since he was a sophomore in HighSchool. He's fast, shifty, and very tough. I want him to have success, but the fact is he is only a servicable, limited carry, 'possession' type RB. KU does not hold an advantage over NU on this one.

Indeed. It will be one to remember in Lawrence boys! I hope you bring your popcorn to the stadium....oh wait, Lew Perkins won't allow anything like that. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he charges us KU fans a special "breathe the air tax" while inside memorial stadium in Lawrence. He can make a dollar out of a nickel any day of the week!

True this is. One thing I will respond to though-I think it's pretty even at RB between KU and NU. I really don't think either team has much of an advantage over the other. Nobody on this board seems to respect Jake Sharp, and I don't know why. He really didn't have a good game against you guys, but he single-handedly beat ISU, and helped us stay close with OU for 3 quarters. The guy can flat out play, and is one of KU's biggest difference makers.

This makes him a difference maker???? :point

True this is. One thing I will respond to though-I think it's pretty even at RB between KU and NU. I really don't think either team has much of an advantage over the other. Nobody on this board seems to respect Jake Sharp, and I don't know why. He really didn't have a good game against you guys, but he single-handedly beat ISU, and helped us stay close with OU for 3 quarters. The guy can flat out play, and is one of KU's biggest difference makers.

Slow day Hukser??? Hmmmm....I guess I can throw in the fact that he also won the Colorado game for us as well. Point being he is better than most people think on this board, and while he may not be GREAT between the tackles, the blame can't all be on him. Our line was far from great last year. With improved line play his running between the tackles will improve. At this stage of his career he is a BETTER back than Hulu (May have mispelled). But with Castille, I will give NU the nod at RB. But I would still take Sharp as my starter over both. Just my opinion. :)

Slow day Hukser??? Hmmmm....I guess I can throw in the fact that he also won the Colorado game for us as well. Point being he is better than most people think on this board, and while he may not be GREAT between the tackles, the blame can't all be on him. Our line was far from great last year. With improved line play his running between the tackles will improve. At this stage of his career he is a BETTER back than Hulu (May have mispelled). But with Castille, I will give NU the nod at RB. But I would still take Sharp as my starter over both. Just my opinion. :)

Nothing against Sharp . . . Just don't use beating ISU '08 single-handedly as a bragging point (sorry Cy). CU would have been a better measuring stick IMO

Nothing against Sharp . . . Just don't use beating ISU '08 single-handedly as a bragging point (sorry Cy). CU would have been a better measuring stick IMO

I have the utmost respect for sharp, and as I stated in earlier post, I do think Nebraska has the advantage since we have two outstanding backs and KU just has one for right now. I can only hope that Burkhead plays as well as Sharp does, so time will tell.

I think it is kind of fun talking smack back and fourth. I just need to not make it personal, and get myself banned again for personal attacks, sorry JGS30. I guess it is hard to except that Mizzou and Kansas are our rivals now. I just hope we restore the order, and make OU our rival again.

Apology accepted Huskers Forever. I'm sure you won't have to wait long for the order to be restored. Bo is a great coach and his best days are ahead of him at Nebraska.

"There, Now we can be friends again". -Doc Holiday (Tombstone)