Why missouri will never be good. ever.

mitch93

Missery will never be good until they can put an end to all that "cousin lovin"...............cmon tufftiger dont tell your aunt/wife, she will only get upset and spill her spitoon. :dunno Sorry, JK go ahead and take a cheap shot if you want. Seriously I am anxious to see what Pinkle is going to do now. He has been blessed with a couple really good Qb's in a row, now we will see what kind of talent he has been cultivating over the last few years. His offense has been really productive, so now we will find out how much of that is scheme and how much had to do with Daniel, Coffman and Maclin.

Missery will never be good until they can put an end to all that "cousin lovin"...............cmon tufftiger dont tell your aunt/wife, she will only get upset and spill her spitoon. :dunno Sorry, JK go ahead and take a cheap shot if you want. Seriously I am anxious to see what Pinkle is going to do now. He has been blessed with a couple really good Qb's in a row, now we will see what kind of talent he has been cultivating over the last few years. His offense has been really productive, so now we will find out how much of that is scheme and how much had to do with Daniel, Coffman and Maclin.

I"m good sport and don"t give a care if you poke at me all you want or MU. Who can say I might do same to you and GBR, you know? All in fun of BIG 12 sport. ButI suppose if we are in same room I some way think you might hold you"re mouth about my wife. i could be wrong but I do know you"d have scrap on hand from me from what you write. Just leave my wife out of you"re fun and I just call it you"re mistake and froget it.

Have nice day

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

Nice come back Tuff.

Polite and to the point.

How do you see Missouri in the next ten years?

I personally love the state. My wife grew up in Jeff City and son worked at the University for three years. He loves it to. Not to in love with the football team, but the state is beautiful.

:sarcasm

I"m good sport and don"t give a care if you poke at me all you want or MU. Who can say I might do same to you and GBR, you know? All in fun of BIG 12 sport. ButI suppose if we are in same room I some way think you might hold you"re mouth about my wife. i could be wrong but I do know you"d have scrap on hand from me from what you write. Just leave my wife out of you"re fun and I just call it you"re mistake and froget it.

Have nice day

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

i am sure ol boy said he was JK - allow me to interpret that - 'I am just joshing ya pal'. However, i can see why someone would get upset over wife remarks, so lets keep it clean and only make yo' mama remarks. :sarcasm

Back on topic.

Missouri will get better I think. They have a good coach, pretty good facilites a taste of winning and the alum to spend money to make it better.

They have a large population base second only to Texas in the Big 12. They are managing to keep a lot of their home grown talent home.

Yea we have history and tradition, and look what that has done for us the last 10 years. It takes talent, and the larger the population you have the easier it is to get that talent. We have to travel the country to get kids to play, Missouri can get most of its talent in state, adding some from Texas and Illinois.

Loving Nebraska as I do, I hate to think ten years down the road. Money drives this game, recruiting is the main factor to be a premier program. Missouri has an easier road to that than we do. My guess is in 10 years we will be seeing Missouri rising to the top of the North, Colorado following closely and then Nebraska.

If I was betting on the future that is the way I would see it happening. Hope I am totally wrong, but we have been spiraling that way for awhile.

Sorry, but the talent is not that great in the state of Missouri, and they do not have a good history keeping their in state talent. NU, KU and Illinois take alot from there, and they lost the best runningback in the state to freakin Arkansas. Also, you are the most glass half empty poster on Huskerboard, so you're assesment does not suprise me at all. Don't worry, you will be wrong, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Wait, I thought you were the poster who said they were done being a Husker fan when we hired Bo, or am I getting you mixed up with another anti Bo guy.

I am the one.

If anyone on here had done or said the things Bo did after he left Nebraska the first time what would have been your comments. He was not loyal or dedicated. He did everything possible to make the next staff fail.. I had little use for him or his actions after that.

But people do grow up, he has matured and I have stated I like the way he is doing things. He is running the program in the right direction, strict rules to be followed by all. Class attnedance, bringing up the education status of the football team it appears. Less run ins with the law, and swiftly corrected if it happens.

You are a pie in the sky type of person I would assume. Everything will be great now that we have Bo. Maybe it will, but we were discussing why Nebraska would/or would not return, not a fan fair for Bo.

We are not an elite program anywhere but in Nebraska. Kids are not lined up to come to Nebraska. We do not win recruiting battles with the big boys and normally lose to lower mid level programs it seems.

I said Missouri is changing their in state retention. That will help them down the road. They have been winning games recently and their recruiting seems to be showing it. With wins comes booster endorsement. More money and private jets to impress the recruit. Do you recall all the jets setting at the airport when we played USC. Money brings lots of benefits.

We have done well in the past, because football was not the endall at other programs, it is now. At almost all of them. History and tradition mean little to the current high school player. He wants it all and now. Before we could live with the big old Nebraska farm boy developing under the program, begin playing in his Junior or Senior year. That is not going to happen any more. They want to play now and be gone by the time they have finished their junior year. Money again.

Yes I know Suh is staying but that is not the norm. Thank god for his loyalty.

The qustion is not whether you support the coach or not. Do you support the university is the question. We have a very loyal fan base, that drops lots of money in the coffers. If Missouir continues to win, keep their coach and improve their facitlies they will be a force to be reckoned with. Normally states with more population have more wealthy boosters. Just look at Oklahoma State.

But unlike some, as long as we do things right, not place on probation, our kids graduate, stay out of trouble I will endorse them no matter their win loss record. Just as I have for many many many years. You can thank money for bringing Bo back.

I honestly think he will do a good job for Nebraska, but do I see us winning the North every year and a BCS game every year? NO not a chance.

Do I see us winning the North every two or three years and a conference championship every 5 or so, yes. We will never see the run of the 90's again is my guess. But I look at things, as they are not as I want them to be. Would I bet my house on Nebraska ever going 60-3 again, not a chance. Would I bet against it happening, most likely. That defines reality to me.

I am the one.

If anyone on here had done or said the things Bo did after he left Nebraska the first time what would have been your comments. He was not loyal or dedicated. He did everything possible to make the next staff fail.. I had little use for him or his actions after that.

But people do grow up, he has matured and I have stated I like the way he is doing things. He is running the program in the right direction, strict rules to be followed by all. Class attnedance, bringing up the education status of the football team it appears. Less run ins with the law, and swiftly corrected if it happens.

You are a pie in the sky type of person I would assume. Everything will be great now that we have Bo. Maybe it will, but we were discussing why Nebraska would/or would not return, not a fan fair for Bo.

We are not an elite program anywhere but in Nebraska. Kids are not lined up to come to Nebraska. We do not win recruiting battles with the big boys and normally lose to lower mid level programs it seems.

I said Missouri is changing their in state retention. That will help them down the road. They have been winning games recently and their recruiting seems to be showing it. With wins comes booster endorsement. More money and private jets to impress the recruit. Do you recall all the jets setting at the airport when we played USC. Money brings lots of benefits.

We have done well in the past, because football was not the endall at other programs, it is now. At almost all of them. History and tradition mean little to the current high school player. He wants it all and now. Before we could live with the big old Nebraska farm boy developing under the program, begin playing in his Junior or Senior year. That is not going to happen any more. They want to play now and be gone by the time they have finished their junior year. Money again.

The qustion is not whether you support the coach or not. Do you support the university is the question. We have a very loyal fan base, that drops lots of money in the coffers. If Missouir continues to win, keep their coach and improve their facitlies they will be a force to be reckoned with. Normally states with more population have more wealthy boosters. Just look at Oklahoma State.

But unlike some, as long as we do things right, not place on probation, our kids graduate, stay out of trouble I will endorse them no matter their win loss record. Just as I have for many many many years. You can thank money for bringing Bo back.

I honestly think he will do a good job for Nebraska, but do I see us winning the North every year and a BCS game every year? NO not a chance.

Do I see us winning the North every two or three years and a conference championship every 5 or so, yes. We will never see the run of the 90's again is my guess. But I look at things, as they are not as I want them to be. Would I bet my house on Nebraska ever going 60-3 again, not a chance. Would I bet against it happening, most likely. That defines reality to me.

Okay, I respect you're opinion. I'm glad you stayed a Husker fan, because we never want to lose one of our own. I love Coach Bo, and I hope he earns you're respect over time.

I would say this. It happened, BUT it happened alot of places. Not just Nebraska. I would bet it was at almost every university in the country. And we all know how much of it was within the NFL in the 80's. It was a culture. If you think for one second that if the rest of the Big 8 thought or knew it was happening at Nebraska and they themselves didnt start/continue taking it then...well...I am not sure what to say to you. It is what it is.

The people who pretend or act like their team didn't while the accuse NU of it are the same as the NU fans who pretend like their team never did it. In the end, everyone did it...

MUTigerFan, Thats not a knock at you. I know you were just responding with some facts. But this converstaion has nowhere to go but down hill. First an unwarrented attempt to paint a racist picture that doesnt exist and now the whole "cheaters" thing. This just has the feel of something going down fast.

I hate to agree with Frodaddy and say something nice about MU, but they do not seem to have any trouble attracting good black players. My high school was on the state line and produces lots of Tigers and Jayhawks. Race was never an issue, black and white kids went both directions pretty evenly. I will reiterate my view that I think MU has a slight overabundance of mad redneck fans, but most of them are not that way and actually, I have never seen the mad redneck fringe do racist things. They do things I don't like, they cite things I think are inapproriate, but nothing that is truly meant to be racist at all. I am not buying that modern Columbia is really any more rascist than the the rest of the Big 12.

Now I am going to take a bath. I feel dirty for saying anything to favor MU.

I am the one.

What did Bo do when he left in 04?

I disagree with that. The team may not be elite right now, but the program is.

Sweeping generalizations. You don't know that anymore than I do.

But unlike some, as long as we do things right, not place on probation, our kids graduate, stay out of trouble I will endorse them no matter their win loss record. Agree. Just as I have for many many many years. You can thank money for bringing Bo back. What money? Dear Lord, he is one of the LOWEST paid HCs in the B 12.

Maybe not every year, but dominating again? Yep.

i would like to see some statistics on number of players leaving for draft early each year for the last 20 years. I'm younger, but I haven't really noticed so drastic of an increase in people leaving early for the nfl.

also, not that we want to be wake forest, but im pretty sure that year they won a bcs game that (or did they just go to one? can't remember) they had mostly redshirt upperclassmen.

i would like to see some statistics on number of players leaving for draft early each year for the last 20 years. I'm younger, but I haven't really noticed so drastic of an increase in people leaving early for the nfl.

also, not that we want to be wake forest, but im pretty sure that year they won a bcs game that (or did they just go to one? can't remember) they had mostly redshirt upperclassmen.

History of Missouri Football http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/databas...ri_database.htm

As you can see, they have never won a national championship except for a weird 11-0 season in 1960 (but it doesn't say next to it if it was a NC or not) so I'm not sure what that is all about. If somebody knows I would enjoy being enlightened.

History of Missouri Football http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/databas...ri_database.htm

As you can see, they have never won a national championship except for a weird 11-0 season in 1960 (but it doesn't say next to it if it was a NC or not) so I'm not sure what that is all about. If somebody knows I would enjoy being enlightened.

We loss to KU on that year but then they had to forfit it back to us since they had some player or two that not elgble. Bert Cone and can be a nother,can't rember for sure. Think MINN was nat. champ then.

That"s what I rember on it. Guess I"m get old huh?

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

i've said it once, i'll say it again.... the county next to Columbia has the HIGHEST number of KKK members per capita in the ENTIRE USA. makes it hard to recruit there. other than when Nebraska is in a coaching change.

You can continue to say it too, but you will still sound like a fool. Let's see if you can provide a SINGLE shred of evidence for that inflammatory remark.

While we wait, here's a like to the Anti-Defamation League listing of active KKK chapters in the US.

http://tinyurl.com/2z2vvf

Sorry it took me so long to reply our school net crashed. I know this because my boss and his family moved out

to that county a couple years ago and promptly moved away upon discovering this little know fact. It is true this county doesn't have a chapter located their but if you want further evidence I'll be more than happy to email the KKK asking where their highest concentration of registered members in one county is located.

We loss to KU on that year but then they had to forfit it back to us since they had some player or two that not elgble. Bert Cone and can be a nother,can't rember for sure. Think MINN was nat. champ then.

That"s what I rember on it. Guess I"m get old huh?

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Spooky,

He continously called and spoke with players, telling them they were being misused, the staff was not good, most likely correct, but it was totally inappropriate, which led to unrest within the team.

He also turned them lose after their win in the bowl game. No guidance. Numerous players in trouble, beer at the hotel, and a list of other things. Some I will not even mention due to the severity. There was a major concern and possible NCAA infractions, if he had stayed at Oklahoma. I posted a lot of this stuff as it was going on. At the time I knew people with in the program.

Numerous recruiting incidents while at Oklahoma. He stopped upon going to LSU.

Please give me on example of Nebraska being considered an elite program over the last ten years.

Us thinking so, does not make it so.

Coach Pelini was brought back by a major booster. This was done in late September. I spoke with Coach Osborne about it after the selection. His comments confirmed my thoughts. I have no proof or source for those comments, other than my involvement with the program over the years. This choice was made long before Callahan was fired and little to do with the Athletic Department's search.

As stated, I felt by Bo returning we would have many problems with the team. I felt he would run a loose ship, meaning run ins with the law for players, adhearance to NCAA rules less than stellar. I never questioned his coaching ability or his drive. I have loved his tenacity since I met him.

I never said I was not a Nebraska fan, just that I could not support him being hired. But we all make mistakes, he has changed my oppinion of him, and I am quite happy that he is here. I truly believe he will get us going in the right direction, make us a respectable program and possibly return us to the top ten. But he will need time, it is not going to be an overnight deal as some seem to think.