Why missouri will never be good. ever.

mitch93

or in my case a Tigers/Royals/Chiefs fan :hmmph

:lol:

Short of the Tigers (cause they have actually been good recently) that is a brutal combination of teams haha. Royals are :wacko: and the chiefs are :facepalm: It's OK though, I have some serious faith in the Chiefs now that Hermie is out. My old manager loved the Chiefs and we talked about football all the time.

I was saddened to be a Vikings fan up until they made the playoffs this year, but lost in the first round... <_<

Why are Nebraska fans so insecure?

Because we're so awesome. :box

Lol I don't think people are insecure, but when somebody mouths off about your favorite team it's only natural to form some sort of rebuttal, wouldn't you say? Plus, one of the accusations in the original Missouri fan thread was pretty harsh and unfounded with no hard, physical evidence.

I, for one, can guarantee I am not insecure, just merely annoyed. First of all, Nebraska never got respect by the people with voices (cough ESPN :espnsucks: ) even in their hay-days. People down-played our option game and said we would lose all the time, and would act amazed and shocked if we ended up beating a team handily. Now, to keep the record clear, I could care less what ESPN analysts say because they are just talking heads, but after awhile it will get under anybody's skin. <_<

Second of all (and I may be one of the few to admit this) it's extremely annoying to have to listen fans of teams (that have traditionally not been consistently good every year) mouth off now that Nebraska isn't what it used to be. I miss being great and beating the snot out of everybody, but things change. Just because a few teams have started to come into their own these days it doesn't mean they can start running around wildly chopping off heads thinking their team is Braveheart.

As one poster said, don't say we will "never be back", when you yourself have never been :w00t

Lets just play the damn games and settle things that way! :horns2

It seems to me that people are always really quick to say that Nebraska will be back to the top because they have spent a lot of time there. Now people are saying Missouri won't be there because they never have been before.

I see the points and think this does make a difference, but Nebraska's past success does not automatically mean future championships just like Missouri's past disappointments do not necessarily mean future mediocrity. I think it certainly helps to have the tradition, but there is more to it than that. So much of it is about $ and coaching. The year in and year out powerhouses seem to throw around the most money and have the best coaches out there. Tradition is a huge predictor for where a program probably will be in 10 years, but I don't know if it is the best predictor of where a program will be in 6 months.

Okay, I am going to bite... although it will make several people furious with fits of rage. :bang

There is only one thing to say about that miz poster, he doesnt know thing one about Nebraska Football. How many Big 12 games have we been to? FOUR! 96 lost to TX, 97 WON over A&M, 99 WON over Texass and 2006 with BC and you know what happened. Mizzou was there twice, and LOST TWICE. Next point, the way this cat thinks about dominance is EXACTLY what another poster above said about the miz fans being OK with 5-7 losses. ITS TRUE! One decent season and a couple of wins, in how many years might I add, and suddenly they believe they were that good all along! Too funny... let them have their moment, 15 minutes doesnt last that long and NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS live forever.

Hope everyone is going down to the spring game... its a good time if Bo will take the leash off everyone, except Ricky Henry. :bonez

Has anyone notcied that we had a "Look what mizzou fan says" thread, and then a ISU hates us thread, and then a people on a KU board are talking smack thread.......

and now we have become what we were complaining about.

Shouldn't most teams in the B12 N hate us? We handed out years of brutal poundings. Now that we are medicore how can they not enjoy it. I would if i were them.

:clap Man I can't wait for the season to start.

Has anyone notcied that we had a "Look what mizzou fan says" thread, and then a ISU hates us thread, and then a people on a KU board are talking smack thread.......

Shouldn't most teams in the B12 N hate us? We handed out years of brutal poundings. Now that we are medicore how can they not enjoy it. I would if i were them.

You pounded us many a time, and some KU fans probably hate you all, but the general way the prgram carries itself never got me to hate you, but instead to respect...

You pounded us many a time, and some KU fans probably hate you all, but the general way the prgram carries itself never got me to hate you, but instead to respect...

well said... KU fans are decent folk, cant say the same about many others. Its a good feeling to win, while it lasts. People get spoiled, we did!

I don't understand why the conversation on this board has to be so negative. I would rather see threads that support our team, not find reasons to have another team to have more bulletin board material than they get anyway. Besides, this looks nothing more than a copy cat version of why the Huskers will never be any good again that was posted previously.

At least be original...

A better question: why is there always someone in each thread who always has to question why the thread was started? I'm not trying to start an argument over it but I thought this was a message board where we discuss random things about football.

:bang So ... back to my point...at least be original. There is another thread about Nebraska that runs exactly down this line...another negative thread just to stir up the crap at the bottom of the barrel. There are a lot of other things that could be discussed on this board, especially since there are so many questions about starters next season etc. But hey, if you would rather slog in the crap, far be it for me to ruin your fun.

i've said it once, i'll say it again.... the county next to Columbia has the HIGHEST number of KKK members per capita in the ENTIRE USA. makes it hard to recruit there. other than when Nebraska is in a coaching change.

They'll have these "Glory Years" every time Nebraska struggles but other that until they clean up their fan base, and image. they will forever be number 2 or 3 in the North. Don't get me wrong though i love pinkel and the job he's done in Columbia but he and his teams have hit the ceiling these past couple years. misery's BEST teams lost to Oklahoma and Texas by embarrassing margins.