Next Year's QB poll

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally I don't care who the quarterback is. I'll let Pelini and Watson figure out who the man is. They get to see each quarterback practice and I would hope they can tell which one is the best for the team.

I will however say this before someone else throws it out there. Callahan (and maybe Watson, I don't know)obviously wasn't able to figure out that Joe G. was better than Sam K.. Let 's hope Pelini is smarter.

Do you really think Joe was better than Sam?

More mobile, I'll give you.

But there were passes Sam made that Joe couldn't even touch.

Sam was really handcuffed under Cally's system, but he and his dad probably felt it was his best chance to get to the NFL.

:laughpound Oh man, Oh man, I thought you where joking, when I realized you where serious, I almost blew cornflakes out my nose!!! :laughpound

I don't remembeer Keller ever throwing for 400+ and 7TDs. And as skilled as Keller may have been, he couldn't get the ball downfield, and never had half the heart Joe Ganz had. So YES I really think Ganz was a better QB, and I think a lot of Husker fans are to quick to dismiss his accomplishments.

If the team struggles at QB in the near future, (knock on wood) then maybe folks will relize that we where blessed to have a player like Ganz. Who IMO may be the best QB NU has had in a decade. And YES that includes Heisman trophy winner Eric Crouch!

Personally I don't care who the quarterback is. I'll let Pelini and Watson figure out who the man is. They get to see each quarterback practice and I would hope they can tell which one is the best for the team.

I will however say this before someone else throws it out there. Callahan (and maybe Watson, I don't know)obviously wasn't able to figure out that Joe G. was better than Sam K.. Let 's hope Pelini is smarter.

Do you really think Joe was better than Sam?

More mobile, I'll give you.

But there were passes Sam made that Joe couldn't even touch.

Sam was really handcuffed under Cally's system, but he and his dad probably felt it was his best chance to get to the NFL.

:laughpound Oh man, Oh man, I thought you where joking, when I realized you where serious, I almost blew cornflakes out my nose!!! :laughpound

I don't remembeer Keller ever throwing for 400+ and 7TDs. And as skilled as Keller may have been, he couldn't get the ball downfield, and never had half the heart Joe Ganz had. So YES I really think Ganz was a better QB, and I think a lot of Husker fans are to quick to dismiss his accomplishments.

If the team struggles at QB in the near future, (knock on wood) then maybe folks will relize that we where blessed to have a player like Ganz. Who IMO may be the best QB NU has had in a decade. And YES that includes Heisman trophy winner Eric Crouch!

Agreed. 100%.

Need some help here...would like to vote but need to know which one weighs the most and will make the biggest red splat mark on the turf when he gets smashed by the New & Improved USC...uh...Iowa State Cyclone defense...

Evaluating and choosing your starting QB is so much of a waste of time. If you just picked your QB like we do, you all would know who the starter is going to be....we just recruit one that is worth a crap, give him the ball as a true freshmen and hope he doesn't get killed in the next four years while we look for another one.... <_<

I don't have anything against Cody Green. I'm excited he's a Husker. It's just completely unlikely that he is good enough to unseat Lee.

Why?

Lee has been here for 2 seasons, and 3 years ago he was excelling at the Cal Juco level. On top of that, Lee is gifted from a physical standpoint.

Therefore, imo, the only way Green is handed the starting nod is if Lee completely tanks. If Lee tanks that means Nebraska is tanking offensively. If we need Green to build for th future, then I will be all for it. But the only way he sees the field, other than mop-up duty, is if the Huskers are floundering offensively. If that happens, then '09 will likely be dreadfull season

I'm truly amazed more people aren't excited about Zac Lee. He's a former JUCO all-american. He's the son of an NFL veteran QB. He's the fastest QB Nebraska has had since Eric Crouch, and he might be the strongest armed QB NU has ever had.

We are a fickle fan base. Lee is the kind of guy most Husker fans would've been self gratifying themselves over.

I don't have anything against Cody Green. I'm excited he's a Husker. It's just completely unlikely that he is good enough to unseat Lee.

Why?

Lee has been here for 2 seasons, and 3 years ago he was excelling at the Cal Juco level. On top of that, Lee is gifted from a physical standpoint.

Therefore, imo, the only way Green is handed the starting nod is if Lee completely tanks. If Lee tanks that means Nebraska is tanking offensively. If we need Green to build for th future, then I will be all for it. But the only way he sees the field, other than mop-up duty, is if the Huskers are floundering offensively. If that happens, then '09 will likely be dreadfull season

I'm truly amazed more people aren't excited about Zac Lee. He's a former JUCO all-american. He's the son of an NFL veteran QB. He's the fastest QB Nebraska has had since Eric Crouch, and he might be the strongest armed QB NU has ever had.

We are a fickle fan base. Lee is the kind of guy most Husker fans would've been self gratifying themselves over.

Hear, hear.

Why?

I agree completely! Lee looks great.

And.... do not forget Spano --- we should be excited about him too. Those who think that Green will unseat Lee early on are really stretching in my view --- I'd be really surprised if Green beats out Spano either --- not because green will not be good, I''m sure he will be --- but Spano is really good now. More seasoned and ready to contribute.

Why?

insane in the membrane!

excited.gif

4_1_72.gif

Need some help here...would like to vote but need to know which one weighs the most and will make the biggest red splat mark on the turf when he gets smashed by the New & Improved USC...uh...Iowa State Cyclone defense...

Evaluating and choosing your starting QB is so much of a waste of time. If you just picked your QB like we do, you all would know who the starter is going to be....we just recruit one that is worth a crap, give him the ball as a true freshmen and hope he doesn't get killed in the next four years while we look for another one.... <_<

It's not a good sign if Cody Green is our starting QB next year. Anyone who wants him to start is basically saying I want the Huskers to suck in 2009.

Zac Lee was the top JUCO QB in the country back in 2006. Since then, he has been at Nebraska for two seasons, played scout team ball, and looked awesome in his limited performance against K-State. I realize my grandma would look good against K-State. But he had 2 carries for 17 yards and led NU on a scoring drive in the fourth quarter. His athleticsm was clearly evident.

2 weeks ago I posted how I believed Lee would win the starting job over Witt. IMO, Witt knew that would eventually happen as well. Green will not overcome Zac Lee. Some people need to take a step back and understand from an athleticsm standpoint, Zac Lee is every bit the weapon of a Cody Green. The only advantage Green has is a bigger body.

Lee runs a legit 4.5 and the strongest arm on the team. Next season will also be the 3rd season he's been at Nebraska.

How could anyone honestly want Cody Green to be the starter over Lee? Some of you are acting like Cody Green was the #1 QB recruit in the country.

So what I think you are getting at is that a freshman QB cannot win?

To that I say- Terell Pryor, Tim Tebow (granted he was a scenario guy), Colt McCoy, Robert Griffin (at fricken Baylor), Matthew Staford, Chris Leak, Mitch Mustain, and Chad Henne.

I think NU has enough talent (running game and defense) that Green, if he has good as everyone thinks, could start and win.

i dont see why everyone thinks he is gonna be all that good. :o yeah he looked good in HS, but he hasnt done anything in college. Lee was very good in JUCO and was actually a 5.9 rated 4 star qb when he got to lincoln, whereas Green was a 5.8 rated 4 star. Green seems like maybe just "the next big thing?"

as someone else has said, greens only real advantage is in his size as lee is also listed as faster. if you want a qb that is good at both passing and running then right now, lee is your guy.

Also, it can be said that throwing a freshman into the fire too soon can permanently damage his confidence if he doesnt win right away.

So you think that Tebow, Pryor, McCoy (whom did not start as a true freshman), and Griffin can win as freshmen, so why cant green?

To that i say- For every Pryor or Griffin, etc. you have a freeman or any of the countless other 4 star qbs that never lived up to hype or never even started a game.....

yes, i am sure that we have enough talent to win with green at qb but the question is,"will we win more games with lee or green starting?"

answer: Lee

What has Lee done in college? Led one touchdown drive. And as for Freeman I am pretty sure NU has more talent than K-State had, not quite as much as the other guys (except Griffin) but still NU and K-state are on a different level.

And recuirting ratings as mentioned a thousand times before dont always determine who is good or not. And btw JUCO competition is a lot of times not even that good, and comparable to Texas high school football. JUCO's usually dont have that good of tape to rate players on, not saying that this is the case but Jeremy Crabtree has warned about these things before.

I am not saying Lee is not capable because most likely he will start next year, but I think NU would benefit with having a four year guy in there, if he is capable- which from what I have heard he is.

It's not a good sign if Cody Green is our starting QB next year. Anyone who wants him to start is basically saying I want the Huskers to suck in 2009.

Zac Lee was the top JUCO QB in the country back in 2006. Since then, he has been at Nebraska for two seasons, played scout team ball, and looked awesome in his limited performance against K-State. I realize my grandma would look good against K-State. But he had 2 carries for 17 yards and led NU on a scoring drive in the fourth quarter. His athleticsm was clearly evident.

2 weeks ago I posted how I believed Lee would win the starting job over Witt. IMO, Witt knew that would eventually happen as well. Green will not overcome Zac Lee. Some people need to take a step back and understand from an athleticsm standpoint, Zac Lee is every bit the weapon of a Cody Green. The only advantage Green has is a bigger body.

Lee runs a legit 4.5 and the strongest arm on the team. Next season will also be the 3rd season he's been at Nebraska.

How could anyone honestly want Cody Green to be the starter over Lee? Some of you are acting like Cody Green was the #1 QB recruit in the country.

To that I say- Terell Pryor, Tim Tebow (granted he was a scenario guy), Colt McCoy, Robert Griffin (at fricken Baylor), Matthew Staford, Chris Leak, Mitch Mustain, and Chad Henne.

I think NU has enough talent (running game and defense) that Green, if he has good as everyone thinks, could start and win.

i dont see why everyone thinks he is gonna be all that good. :o yeah he looked good in HS, but he hasnt done anything in college. Lee was very good in JUCO and was actually a 5.9 rated 4 star qb when he got to lincoln, whereas Green was a 5.8 rated 4 star. Green seems like maybe just "the next big thing?"

as someone else has said, greens only real advantage is in his size as lee is also listed as faster. if you want a qb that is good at both passing and running then right now, lee is your guy.

Also, it can be said that throwing a freshman into the fire too soon can permanently damage his confidence if he doesnt win right away.

So you think that Tebow, Pryor, McCoy (whom did not start as a true freshman), and Griffin can win as freshmen, so why cant green?

To that i say- For every Pryor or Griffin, etc. you have a freeman or any of the countless other 4 star qbs that never lived up to hype or never even started a game.....

yes, i am sure that we have enough talent to win with green at qb but the question is,"will we win more games with lee or green starting?"

What has Lee done in college? Led one touchdown drive. And as for Freeman I am pretty sure NU has more talent than K-State had, not quite as much as the other guys (except Griffin) but still NU and K-state are on a different level.

And recuirting ratings as mentioned a thousand times before dont always determine who is good or not. And btw JUCO competition is a lot of times not even that good, and comparable to Texas high school football. JUCO's usually dont have that good of tape to rate players on, not saying that this is the case but Jeremy Crabtree has warned about these things before.

I am not saying Lee is not capable because most likely he will start next year, but I think NU would benefit with having a four year guy in there, if he is capable- which from what I have heard he is.

who are you hearing this from? sipple (an agenda pushing hack)! 2.gif

JUCO ball while not as good as D1 ball is still college ball and even when put against texas high school Lee did better in JUCO than did Green in texas high ball. what you are saying is that if JUCO is even to texas high (which its actually above) then Lee would have been the 10th rated player out of texas and the best QB both of which he was for JUCO.......not too bad!

if green wins the job, then frankly either he is very very very good or we are very very bad at qb! think about that....confused0006.gif

City College of San Francisco plays some of the best JUCO ball in the country. The competition Lee faced there was dramatically superior to Texas 4A. Any argument to the contrary is misguided.