Big 12 running backs

rotinaj

If they can't throw the ball....teams will stack the box...therefore he won't be able to do anything....

And in his freshman year, sCUm's Scott seemed a little injury prone, which is obviously not a good "prone-ness" to have as a RB. Also, I agree with the poster a couple up from here...Rodney Stewart may not have had the stars that Scott had, but he seemed to be destined to be a collegiate star prior to his broken leg (I believe thats what he broke??).

Exactly my point. Stewart is gonna be nasty as long as he recovers from his broken leg at the end of the season.

If Scott recovers from all of his injuries that he had then he will be just as nasty

Opinions are like.......... This is imposible to "prove" I just prefer Stewarts running style to Scotts............ because his is actually good. :) JK

1. Barry Sanders

2. Mike Rozier

3. Ricky Williams

4. Steve Owens

5.Cory Ross.................................Ohhhhh you mean today. Well then Roy Helu, Quenten Castille, Marcus Mendoza, Collins Okafor, and Rex Burkhead! :P

Was this like... what thing is not like the other>? <_<

All I have to say is, watch out for Q this year. What he did in the Gator Bowl, just blew me away. I know people are still skeptical of him because of his fumble problems, but he has all the tools to be the best back in the Big 12.

yeah, maybe he does, but for some reason his vision running straight forward is lacking. he should be a force as a straight ahead runner, but he runs straight into people, and is actually better outside bc he isn't just looking for somebody to pulverize. Really, in the old system he would have been an absolutely killer FB.

1. Barry Sanders

2. Mike Rozier

3. Ricky Williams

4. Steve Owens

5.Cory Ross.................................Ohhhhh you mean today. Well then Roy Helu, Quenten Castille, Marcus Mendoza, Collins Okafor, and Rex Burkhead! :P

Was this like... what thing is not like the other>? <_<

I needed one last name, and I went with my man PORKCHOP!!! Got a problem with that? He was a killer running back, one who apparently is still underrated by some.

To me Ross is the Joe Ganz of NU RBs. He will never get the credit he deserves for keeping the team afloat in dark times. And many fans will dismiss both their accomplishments as just good, when in fact they where amazing! Just imagine Cory with a real NU O-line from the 80's or 90's. He would have made folks say "Lawrence who?" "Ahmad wha?" "Never heard of em!" :snacks:

All I have to say is, watch out for Q this year. What he did in the Gator Bowl, just blew me away. I know people are still skeptical of him because of his fumble problems, but he has all the tools to be the best back in the Big 12.

I don't know if I buy that. I'd be willing to wager that Helu has more total yards and more ypc. Castille just doesn't seem to have the vision that you see in a top-level back, plus he is way too willing to try to go through a guy rather than around him.

He did look good on two runs in the Gator Bowl...but he wasn't really running in traffic. There were HUGE holes to run through, and he didn't have to put a move on a guy until he was already 15 yards downfield with a full head of steam.

Go back and watch Helu's highlights and tell me who was better overall (running up the middle, pass blocking, pass catching, making moves in traffic, getting the last extra yard out of each run, etc.) I don't think it'd even be close.

I don't know if I buy that. I'd be willing to wager that Helu has more total yards and more ypc. Castille just doesn't seem to have the vision that you see in a top-level back, plus he is way too willing to try to go through a guy rather than around him.

He did look good on two runs in the Gator Bowl...but he wasn't really running in traffic. There were HUGE holes to run through, and he didn't have to put a move on a guy until he was already 15 yards downfield with a full head of steam.

Go back and watch Helu's highlights and tell me who was better overall (running up the middle, pass blocking, pass catching, making moves in traffic, getting the last extra yard out of each run, etc.) I don't think it'd even be close.

I don't care who is more productive for us this year, as long as we are getting it done. But Q is going to get alot more carries this year, and I said he has the tools to be the best, not that he would be the best. Helu has 10x better field vision and understands angles much better, but I think Q will be a much improved back this year. But because of his power, speed and agility, I feel that he could be a better all around RB than Helu. Either way, they are going to be a damn good 1-2 punch this year.

I don't care who is more productive for us this year, as long as we are getting it done. But Q is going to get alot more carries this year, and I said he has the tools to be the best, not that he would be the best. Helu has 10x better field vision and understands angles much better, but I think Q will be a much improved back this year. But because of his power, speed and agility, I feel that he could be a better all around RB than Helu. Either way, they are going to be a damn good 1-2 punch this year.

Agreed.

I wonder how much slausen and murtha will be missed on the Oline... no runningback can overcome a weak line. I look forward to seeing how well our Oline does next year.

:laughpound:nanalama:boxosoap!!!!CORY ROSS DID!!!! :boxosoap:nanalama:laughpound

Barry Sanders anyone? Thats right I am comparing Barry Sanders to Cory Ross not Cory Ross to Barry Sanders.

I wonder how much slausen and murtha will be missed on the Oline... no runningback can overcome a weak line. I look forward to seeing how well our Oline does next year.

:laughpound:nanalama:boxosoap!!!!CORY ROSS DID!!!! :boxosoap:nanalama:laughpound

We had a lot of guys that got playing time on the O-line last year. Plus the beast Ricky Henry will be in there. I think the o-line is the least of our worries.