Major Culbert

Culbert no longer on team

Senior-to-be Major Culbert is no longer on the Nebraska football team, Bo Pelini confirmed through a spokesman Tuesday morning. Pelini didn't elaborate.

However, it appears Culbert was dismissed from the squad, a source said.

Culbert, from Harbor City, Calif., played multiple positions throughout his college career. After alternating between running back, linebacker and defensive back at various times, Culbert settled in at safety this past season. He ended the 2008 season listed as the top backup to starting strong safety Larry Asante.

He appeared in seven games last season and finished with 10 tackles. In three seasons of action, Culbert appeared in 29 games and made 31 tackles.

Link: LJS Blog

Senior-to-be Major Culbert is no longer on the Nebraska football team, Bo Pelini confirmed through a spokesman Tuesday morning. Pelini didn't elaborate.

Culbert, from Harbor City, Calif., played multiple positions throughout his college career. After alternating between running back, linebacker and defensive back at various times, Culbert settled in at safety this past season. He ended the 2008 season listed as the top backup to starting strong safety Larry Asante.

He appeared in seven games last season and finished with 10 tackles. In three seasons of action, Culbert appeared in 29 games and made 31 tackles.

Link: LJS Blog

That's too bad. Wonder what happened?

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.ph...p;tb=1&pb=1

I'm getting tired of Pelini not elaborating.

At least he's consistant. What would rather he do sling mud every kid that decides to leave the program? That would sure help the programs image!

Looks to me like the large number of secondary players the staff brought in may be having an impact on some of these players decisions to leave. But if Culbert feels he can find better opprotunities elsewhere, than good luck to him.

I'm getting tired of Pelini not elaborating.

Don't take this personally Eric, but as long as he didn't commit a crime "against the people" it isn't any of our business anyways. I personally think it's classy of Pelini, provided we don't find out in the future that he was serious legal or NCAA issues.

Seniors do not leave for just any reason.

This kid had a history when brought here. He was under strict guidelines while BC was here and my guess even stricter ones with Bo.

I am waitng for the other shoe to drop. I have a feeling this is not going to be good.

Seniors do not leave for just any reason.

This kid had a history when brought here. He was under strict guidelines while BC was here and my guess even stricter ones with Bo.

I am waitng for the other shoe to drop. I have a feeling this is not going to be good.

What's 'the other shoe'?

I'm thinking the situation was just Major going in and saying "I'm not happy with the opportunities i've been given" And then he gets the axe for saying so. If the reason for leaving doesn't tarnish the school or the player personally, why not state the real reason for leaving?

I think Major is a big loss, he is a great athlete who never really found a position he fit in at. Hopefully he can get another opportunity somewhere else.

He is another one of those enigmas that have come along in Husker history. People for whatever reason or another feel in love with these kids like Culburt and every year it is always “What about – insert name here” and then after 4 years of nothingness they are gone.

I don’t think this will hurt at all. A career special team player with questionable character that had one good game his frosh year doesn’t ruin a team.

I fall into the camp of being tired of the no comment way of life. It sure would end all the slandering that goes on when people don’t know the truth.