Major Culbert

I fall into the camp of being tired of the no comment way of life. It sure would end all the slandering that goes on when people don’t know the truth.

You sure about that? I image that Husker fans in thier infinite wisdom will still speculate as to what "really happened" even if the coaches where completely forthright and honest. Just a hunch.

I fall into the camp of being tired of the no comment way of life. It sure would end all the slandering that goes on when people don’t know the truth.

You sure about that? I image that Husker fans in thier infinite wisdom will still speculate as to what "really happened" even if the coaches where completely forthright and honest. Just a hunch.

Come on now you know the talking heads never say anything that isn’t backed up by 4 sources and stamped with a University Seal.

I just want a statement of either he broke teams rules or asked for his release. That is all I need and I’m fine with that. The rumor-mill isn’t for me anyway and those folks will say what they want no matter what happens.

Seniors do not leave for just any reason.

This kid had a history when brought here. He was under strict guidelines while BC was here and my guess even stricter ones with Bo.

I am waitng for the other shoe to drop. I have a feeling this is not going to be good.

What's 'the other shoe'?

It had better be an Adidas, because if it isn't they may pull their sponsorship deal.

I'm getting tired of Pelini not elaborating.

Don't take this personally Eric, but as long as he didn't commit a crime "against the people" it isn't any of our business anyways. I personally think it's classy of Pelini, provided we don't find out in the future that he was serious legal or NCAA issues.

I agree --- we have no right to know a reason. I'd only modify what nillie said by asserting that if an NCAA rule was broken, it is most appropriate early on not to announce anything until an official statement can be made.

Anyway... Best of luck to the young man.

As for NU, another scholarship opens up and that is not a bad thing.

Is it a big loss? No, but I just think it sucks. I mean I'm sure he deserved his punishment, but he seemed to sacrifice a lot by being willing to do whatever it takes whether it was RB or DB. I trust Bo's judgment, but I am just curious how much is lost between the staff changes by not realizing what Major has done for the team and maybe deserving a longer leash as a Senior for a guy who has never embarrassed the team since he got here until now I guess

He had tremendous upside and was one of my favorite players. Sad to see him go

To bad we never saw that upside. How could he be one of you're favorite players when he never really saw the field? Just saying.

He saw the field sparingly, maybe he attended the 06 Mizzou game where Culbert was a stud... I know my favorite player probably of all time for Nebraska is Rickey Thenarse who has probably only started 2-3 games so far. I don't remember alot from the "good ol days" and I haven't liked watching a player more than Rickey.

To bad we never saw that upside. How could he be one of you're favorite players when he never really saw the field? Just saying.

He saw the field sparingly, maybe he attended the 06 Mizzou game where Culbert was a stud... I know my favorite player probably of all time for Nebraska is Rickey Thenarse who has probably only started 2-3 games so far. I don't remember alot from the "good ol days" and I haven't liked watching a player more than Rickey.

Wow. you must be very young. I like seeing Thenarse lay the wood, but the kid screws up way more than he makes plays.

Good point but he has just been one of those players that I have liked.

Good point but he has just been one of those players that I have liked.

I am rooting big time for Rickey. He is one of my favorite players only because I want him to succeed so much. How can you not root for him after his story?

Wow. you must be very young. I like seeing Thenarse lay the wood, but the kid screws up way more than he makes plays.

I'm not very young, but yeah Im younger...