DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

According to a new update from Talman, Owa put Nebraska back in the race after the Holiday bowl and gave Coach JP a call. He also has A-Rod in his ear during the Army All-American Bowl practices. Talman says the two have been talking non-stop.

and the plot thickens.....

According to a new update from Talman, Owa put Nebraska back in the race after the Holiday bowl and gave Coach JP a call. He also has A-Rod in his ear during the Army All-American Bowl practices. Talman says the two have been talking non-stop.

Well holy piss....that a boy A-Rod :clap:clap:clap

:yeah

I heard about this today too. While I'm not holding my breath, it's nice to know that he put us back in consideration. Sounds like him & A.Rod are having fun in San Antonio this week. Would love to have Owa commit to NU, but either way, I still wish him the best of luck. He seems like a good kid with a bright future.

Link?

I'm definitely not getting my hopes up again, but it should be entertaining to watch this play out. :snacks:

Link?

I'm definitely not getting my hopes up again, but it should be entertaining to watch this play out. :snacks:

Unless you're a subscriber at HI, then the link won't work for you. My buddy told me about it today though since he's a member, so I can attest to this happening. It was posted up at RSS.

Owa should evaluate what's most important to him.

It was a great game, but the greatest game won't make the distance shorter. And there will be tough days, days when we lose, days when our defense doesn't perform well. Will homesickness set in then? In other words, is NU the place he wants to be, something he believes in? Tough call.

Interesting to see how this will all play out.

Owa should evaluate what's most important to him.

It was a great game, but the greatest game won't make the distance shorter. And there will be tough days, days when we lose, days when our defense doesn't perform well. Will homesickness set in then? In other words, is NU the place he wants to be, something he believes in? Tough call.

Interesting to see how this will all play out.

Yeah, what exactly did he see new in the AZ game that he didn't already see in the TX game or in a number of other games this season where our D played very well? And how could that game make him go from not even having NU in his top four to possibly committing to NU? I know nobody is saying OO is about to commit to us, but I just don't think he will pick us after not even having us in his top four. He obviously wants to stay on the west coast. But I sure hope I'm wrong!

I hate to take a dump of everyone's parade here, but Owa's quote about his correspondence with coach JP and putting NU back in the mix doesn't exactly inspire too much hope that we'll actually land him.

"He was real happy to hear it," Odighizuwa said. "He had e-mailed me and he was just asking me if my decision was solid and if that's what I'm really feeling. To be honest, I thought about it and I wasn't really super sure about it. So I called him back and said that I want to keep getting recruited by them and see what happens."

"I didn't watch the game. I saw some highlights and I saw the score, and I knew the defense dominated. 33-0. It wasn't too much of an eye-opener because I knew what their defense is all about."

That being said, I'd rather have a puncher's chance than no chance at all.