DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

This just in from UCLA:

Just got off the phone with Dan Wood, Owamagbe Odighizuwa's head coach at Douglas (Portland) High, and Owa is NOT committed to UCLA, nor will he commit to any school until after Christmas.

Owa is at a basketball tournament, and Wood said the rumors flying around are untrue.

http://blogs.dailynews.com/ucla/2009/12/ow...not-commit.html

Wow someone started a rumor about OO to UCLA? Must have really gotten that fanbase in a tizzy, I think UCLA is the last place I would expect to see OO end up right now.

This just in from UCLA:

Just got off the phone with Dan Wood, Owamagbe Odighizuwa's head coach at Douglas (Portland) High, and Owa is NOT committed to UCLA, nor will he commit to any school until after Christmas.

Owa is at a basketball tournament, and Wood said the rumors flying around are untrue.

Wow someone started a rumor about OO to UCLA? Must have really gotten that fanbase in a tizzy, I think UCLA is the last place I would expect to see OO end up right now.

Which is why I thought it was kinda funny, so I decided to post it. :lol:

This just in from UCLA:

Come on now, go easy on my Bruins! I'll give you that they had an offense about as bad as NU's, but their defense is pretty tough. And they did have one of the top DTs in the nation this year in Brian Price. And as an alum I can tell you that you won't find many places as beautiful to go to school as Westwood. Your neighbors are Hollywood, Bel Air, Santa Monica and, well, the beach.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he goes to NU. And NU would be better for his career. But there's a reason UCLA has landed pretty good recruiting classes, especially recently.

This just in from UCLA:

Come on now, go easy on my Bruins! I'll give you that they had an offense about as bad as NU's, but their defense is pretty tough. And they did have one of the top DTs in the nation this year in Brian Price. And as an alum I can tell you that you won't find many places as beautiful to go to school as Westwood. Your neighbors are Hollywood, Bel Air, Santa Monica and, well, the beach.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he goes to NU. And NU would be better for his career. But there's a reason UCLA has landed pretty good recruiting classes, especially recently.

It has nothing to do with UCLA as a program, so no insults here. I have no problems with UCLA or any other college football program for that matter. Just found it funny that a fan would go the lengths of starting a rumor to earn him/herself a blurb in the UCLA blogosphere.

Anyone know if we have an in-home visit with Owa in the near future? If so, then I'd suggest throwing the whole house at him the same way we did Corey Cooper. As an added bonus, bring Suh along too.

Pretty sure we already had our in-home with Owa.

I think you're right.

It was the same night Suh got screwed out of the Heisman IIRC...thats why Bo couldn't go

So you're saying they visited Owa (sans Bo) on Heisman day? If so, then that might've bode well for us since Suh was not only getting a lot of national media coverage that week, but probably a lot of local media coverage since he's from the same city as Owa.

I'm sure Owa was seeing all the love Suh was getting and thinking "man, that could be me if I play for Brothers Pelini?"