DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

One more bit of info from the story. Owa said the only in-home that is scheduled right now is Oregon. But he said that he also knows that Nebraska will also be paying him a visit. He said he knows that it will be Bo who will be visiting him, along with Papuchis.

It definitely makes me more confident knowing that Bo will have one more chance to sit across from Owa and make his final pitch. Come on Bo!

Somethnig tells me that when it is all said and done, Lloyd will say "hey, what was all that 1 in a million talk" :)

SUH is on record as saying that he is lucky this staff came in and made him better in the last 2 years. He is going to make 60 to 70 million in the upcoming draft. What did Mario Williams get two years ago? First pick of the draft is at least 60 million with half guaranteed. He has no baggage at all, none. St Louis is on the clock and they will probably have a deal done two weeks before the draft.

OWA should project himself out and ask what can I do with 4 years under these guys.

They say (Rival) this guys is violent with his pass rush. He has rock star status and is being recruited by all the big boys.

My quote was a "dumb and dumber" reference on how Owa is once again including NU as a contender, when it is obvious that he would like to stay closer to home. Understand how good/great he is and believe me, I know how good this staff is.....

* Just an attempt at a little humor here.

just got in from some class prep time and saw the news about owa.... lots of people are saying not to get our hopes up.. but why the hell not... we are back in it... atleast on paper and thats better than not at all....... taking the time to call a coach is a plus and any bond between a-rod and owa is a great plus!!! i see this is a great thing and a postivie sign... as many have said the plot thickens... but i'm super stoked to hear the news!!!!

way to go guys!!!

also glad to here A-rod is holding his own and dominating at the all star game!!

give that guy his 5th star!!!!

My quote was a "dumb and dumber" reference on how Owa is once again including NU as a contender, when it is obvious that he would like to stay closer to home. Understand how good/great he is and believe me, I know how good this staff is.....

* Just an attempt at a little humor here.

So you're telling me there's a chance! :laughpound

saw this posted on the other site.... and i think it pretty accurately summed up how i feel and what i think OWa is going through... again not my words...

IMO........from what I am hearing, his HEART is really wanting to come to NU. He loves our coaches and the fact that he knows what he could accomplish here. However, family being close in to Oregon is keeping him from pulling the plug.

We can hope.........but its 50/50 imo.........

Deep down, he knows where he "wants" to go.........just can't pull the trigger yet though.

thoughts....

I hate to take a dump of everyone's parade here, but Owa's quote about his correspondence with coach JP and putting NU back in the mix doesn't exactly inspire too much hope that we'll actually land him.

"He was real happy to hear it," Odighizuwa said. "He had e-mailed me and he was just asking me if my decision was solid and if that's what I'm really feeling. To be honest, I thought about it and I wasn't really super sure about it. So I called him back and said that I want to keep getting recruited by them and see what happens."

"I didn't watch the game. I saw some highlights and I saw the score, and I knew the defense dominated. 33-0. It wasn't too much of an eye-opener because I knew what their defense is all about."

That being said, I'd rather have a puncher's chance than no chance at all.

This is actually quite relieving to hear. It wasn't related to the game.

I hope Owa can make the best decision for him though. Don't want some highly touted recruit to come here with all the spotlight and pressure only to be far from home and unhappy.

IMO........from what I am hearing, his HEART is really wanting to come to NU. He loves our coaches and the fact that he knows what he could accomplish here. However, family being close in to Oregon is keeping him from pulling the plug.

Um any volunteers to help move his family to Lincoln?

I'm N.

A-Rod told Owa "You would be stupid not to go to Nebraska"....A-Rod is now my favorite commit for this class..

I thought that was pretty funny, too.

"Come to Nebraska, dumbass!"

I believe Owa is expecting an in home visit from one Bo Pelini. Hope it helps put an end to his agonizing over what particular conference plays defense.

Bo does a great job on the in home visits and during Officials, this is a great sign that right before signing day Bo will get to make his final pitch. I am cautiously optimistic about this one.

Yeah was thinking the same thing. Apparently the week Papuchis visited Owa, Bo was on the Nationwide Suh Tour collecting awards. So this is a good sign that he'll get one last shot to visit Owa face-to-face before signing day.