DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

I know distance is always an issue for anyone making this kind of decision, especially at that age. But from experience I can say that after awhile––different for everyone––you get so familiar with your new surroundings that it doesn't make much difference. What's going to matter a year from now, two years, four or five, is whether or not Owa put himself in the best possible position to become the best defensive player he could be. Eating mama's home cooking once a month isn't going to be worth much compared to the opportunity to play under Bo and Carl Pelini.

Whatever happens, though, you have to wish Owa the best. He's handled his recruitment with class and didn't jerk anyone around so far as I can see.

There's also the fact that having him be uncomfortable for a while will ultimately help out his chances to get a big enough pay day in the NFL to be able to help out the family even more.

Out of all of his final 5, Nebraska has the best D-Line coaches and by far the best defense. The only downside will be the fact that there's a lot of competition at DE and he might not get a chance to play, but if he's as good as we're expecting, then he shouldn't have any problems.

on scout they updated it and they said he has a new timeline anybody know when it could be?

The word is that it could be anytime from now until signing day. I know that sounds rather bland but that is the word. As obvious as it sounds.

This is very exciting. Any chance he gets playing time as a freshman or does he just spend a year or 2 learning?

I think that if he added them back to the list that means somethign, if he thought they were 4th or 5th he wouldnt have added them back on. If he added us back on, its cause he at least has an interest to come here.

GBR

Those were my thoughts as well.

I would imagine that you see this kid make an immediate impact wherever he goes. We have the DE depth that would leave a RS year an option if he decides to come here though.

I don't think you need to sell him anymore, I think that you need to sell his mom. I think he is the type of kid that is looking out for the best interest of his mom and family, he seems so mature and kind hearted. I think he needs to hear from his mom that it is okay to leave home and that she will be fine.

This is very exciting. Any chance he gets playing time as a freshman or does he just spend a year or 2 learning?

I think that if he added them back to the list that means somethign, if he thought they were 4th or 5th he wouldnt have added them back on. If he added us back on, its cause he at least has an interest to come here.

GBR

Those were my thoughts as well.

I would imagine that you see this kid make an immediate impact wherever he goes. We have the DE depth that would leave a RS year an option if he decides to come here though.

Depends I think, Coaches really had to restrain themselves in keeping Ankrah on RS.

I don't think you need to sell him anymore, I think that you need to sell his mom. I think he is the type of kid that is looking out for the best interest of his mom and family, he seems so mature and kind hearted. I think he needs to hear from his mom that it is okay to leave home and that she will be fine.

Great point.

Great point.

Need to have her talk to my mom, I swear she was laughing after she dumped/dropped me off at school on the East Coast.

Agreed on the mom thing. I am only about 400 miles from home but i would not have come here if my mom was not ok with it.

Bring the Mom a nice "HUSKER MOM" t-shirt and hope that Bo has a way with the ladies :)

Bo Pelini on his in home to Owa's house, "Carl, could you come in here for a minute and introduce yourself to........Owa's Mom?"

Agreed on the mom thing. I am only about 400 miles from home but i would not have come here if my mom was not ok with it.

Bring the Mom a nice "HUSKER MOM" t-shirt and hope that Bo has a way with the ladies :)

Bo Pelini on his in home to Owa's house, "Carl, could you come in here for a minute and introduce yourself to........Owa's Mom?"

:rollin:rollin:cop::nanalama

For many that read Rumorville this is extremely funny.

You are the man Cave :)

:lol::facepalm: thats just not right

:rollin:rollin:cop::nanalama

For many that read Rumorville this is extremely funny.

You are the man Cave :)

I agree, quote of the year so far :worship then again we are only a few days in :rollin