Slow day in Husker land

I think he is a great guy...I'd just rather that he not be directly associated with the Huskers. I know the whole redneck thing is all an act on his part, but he certainly furthers Nebraska's already backwoods reputation.

Well, the truth is there are alot of rednecks in Nebraska, so Larry is a pretty accurate representation of us. Although I think there are more Tom Osborne types, than Larry the Cable Guy types.

I think he is a great guy...I'd just rather that he not be directly associated with the Huskers. I know the whole redneck thing is all an act on his part, but he certainly furthers Nebraska's already backwoods reputation.

Well, the truth is there are alot of rednecks in Nebraska, so Larry is a pretty accurate representation of us. Although I think there are more Tom Osborne types, than Larry the Cable Guy types.

We do...but not as many as in the deep south. Wow.

We do...but not as many as in the deep south. Wow.

Well I live in Missouri, and it is redneck central down here.

If there was an option of having someone else as our celebrity fan (non former athlete), I would probably choose them, but the fact is the only other guy I can think of is Warren Buffet, so out of those two I bet (sadly to say) more people know Larry.

With all of that said I think Larry the Cable Guy is funny and I dont mind he is fan of NU and represents it. But I do know some people think we are all like that, but then again there are thousands of other sterotypes, so no matter who you are or where you live there is a sterotype for you so I dont think anyone should get worked up about it

If there was an option of having someone else as our celebrity fan (non former athlete), I would probably choose them, but the fact is the only other guy I can think of is Warren Buffet, so out of those two I bet (sadly to say) more people know Larry.

What about that Supreme Court justice?

Could be worse.....Look at what the poor Hawkeye fans must endure. Can you say: TOM ARNOLD?

So anyway, over the last few days Larry the Cable guy has been doing interviews to pimp his up coming roast on TV. Point is, he was wearing a Nebraska hat on the two I saw him on (Hannity/Glen Beck). What do you all think, is it a good thing for NU to have a guy showing the pride, or do you consider him more of a joke?

Actually..I was pretty excited the first time I saw Larry wear a hat with an "N" on it..I didn't even know of his Nebraska ties before that.

He always reminded me of a couple of people I grew up with, and they're probably still in the area holding down the fort..I hear one of them is a Football coach at a Lincoln High School.

Anyone who can get you to laugh (especially at yourself) is probably in the upper 10% on the intelligence scale, anyway.

In my hometown..probably 70% of the phonebook was either "Johnson, Anderson, Swanson..."

Should they be offended by Ikea..or the

?

My Son is in probably the best school district in the state of Arizona...I just wish it was near as good as where I came from..

I don't care if people underestimate us based on stereotypes..

It may give us an edge.