SIGNED DE Tobi Okuyemi

I thought Stein should be an OT at the start but I don't think they'll move him now . I know Randle is looking good and Moore is getting healthy put pushing such inexperienced guys into starter status seems risky. Unless they're looking THAT damn good I don't see taking Stein away. Stein has looked solid and should be even better with another year under Dobson. Plus we have Hardrick coming in, who could well be starting next season. After being at DT the last two seasons does Stein just zip by the guys we already have at OT? If the move is made I'd say it's more about what will be more effective farther down the road, we lose a lot on O-line after the '10 season.l

I think this statement was probably made before we landed Hardrick. Now we have Smith and Hardrick at LT and Hardrick will have two years to play. That will give Coffey and Sirles, whichever one plays LT two more years to get into gear. Therefore they will have three years in the system before they are expected to jump into a starting role. On top of that we have a franchise LT coming in with Moore so I really don't think there is worry anymore about moving Baker to the offensive side.

• 1 month later...

I was listening to Crabtree speak about Okuyemi a while back and he was saying that the reason he's not rated higher is bc he takes a lot of plays off and doesn't show the want to needed to be a four or five star so to say. He did say that he is a very good player with very good upside if he gets his motor more in gear. He also said he is a steal of a three star if he gets a better work ethic. I agree though, his highlights are pretty outstanding. I think he shows damn good acceleration and strength.

I was listening to Crabtree speak about Okuyemi a while back and he was saying that the reason he's not rated higher is bc he takes a lot of plays off and doesn't show the want to needed to be a four or five star so to say. He did say that he is a very good player with very good upside if he gets his motor more in gear. He also said he is a steal of a three star if he gets a better work ethic. I agree though, his highlights are pretty outstanding. I think he shows damn good acceleration and strength.

He will find out soon enough that at NU he will sink or swim depending on how hard he competes. We know that Bo and Co don't just hand PT out for sure. I think he is a great pick up assuming he is ready to come and compete.

Really? After seeing his film, it's hard imagining that he lacks a good work ethic. I hope he realizes what he's getting himself into with Pelini. Any form of slacking will not fly at NU. Here's to hoping he shapes up on arrival. The potential is definitely there and then some.

Really? After seeing his film, it's hard imagining that he lacks a good work ethic. I hope he realizes what he's getting himself into with Pelini. Any form of slacking will not fly at NU. Here's to hoping he shapes up on arrival. The potential is definitely there and then some.

I heard the same segiment that I think you are talking about. But what Crabtree said was that he is inconsistant: Meaning that he is on for one play and then off again. Much like Suh was his Soph year at NU.

I heard the same segiment that I think you are talking about. But what Crabtree said was that he is inconsistant: Meaning that he is on for one play and then off again. Much like Suh was his Soph year at NU.

Ok. Now that's a different set of odds there. At least it's not about his work ethic. Like I said, the potential is there, so getting him ingrained into the Pelini system should give him the added boost he needs to improve his overall skill set. It worked for Suh, so it can work for Okuyemi too if he puts in the time and effort.

Ok. Now that's a different set of odds there. At least it's not about his work ethic. Like I said, the potential is there, so getting him ingrained into the Pelini system should give him the added boost he needs to improve his overall skill set. It worked for Suh, so it can work for Okuyemi too if he puts in the time and effort.

And if he doesn't put in the required time and effort, he'll be in the same spot Dillard found himself in early last season.

And if he doesn't put in the required time and effort, he'll be in the same spot Dillard found himself in early last season.

Exactly. Dillard always had the potential, he just couldn't put it together when it counted.

He rose to the occasion when we needed him most, so he wasn't a complete waste of talent. The light finally turned on for him this year.