chamrocck

SIGNED DE/DT Chase Rome

YES

Biggest get of this class!

Could be Bo's next great DT. At his size(and only going to get bigger) I can't see him at DE.

I think I read somewhere that he may start at DE and move to DT. If that holds any truth, DT is almost a sure bet.

Word is he was at the game tonight, gotta think our D made a strong impression.

I figured it was likely he was at the game and if so likely he would be N. This guy was made to play on Pelini's defense. Welcome, Chase!

:bonez

This story has to be inaccurate. We just got a ten-day education from our Missouri visitors about how they're not going to lose in-state guys to us anymore, and how they're the new power in the North, and that they've got more to offer recruits than we do.

Either this story is wrong or our visiting Missouregians were wrong. And I can't remember the last time they told us anything that was wrong... ?

:)

Player: Chase Rome

Hometown: Columbia, MO

Position: DE/DT

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 275 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida, South Carolina

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Per ESPN, "Rome plays defensive end in high school, but with his current build it is hard to imagine he will not grow into more of a defensive tackle's build and that is not really a bad thing. He is a tough player versus the run and you can envision him having success inside. He has a solid get-off. He is very good at playing with his hands and consistently will bring them when coming off the ball. He can engage and separate from a blocker. He plays with good pad level and can take on a blocker and hold his ground. At the end position he does a good job of feeling blocks and staying square and squeezing down. He is not a kid that will fly up-field and be a menacing presence, but he will be in position. Moves well laterally to play along the line of scrimmage. Displays solid straight line speed for his size. Does a good job of being able to shed from the blocker and is a solid tackler. He has a good motor and stays active and plays until the whistle...more here http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/t...amp;season=2010

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% We should have a good shot at this kid. I think the presence of Bo and our need at D-Line should make us attractive.

:hellloooo I love it, taking one right out from under Missouri's nose IN Missouri!! It just don't get better than this! I think Bo has made his mark with this game in Missouri...recruiting will only get better. This kid looks like a monster. :)

This one really excites me. The measurements listed for him on rivals are tremendous. Nothing not to like here. Huge get.

Ht:6'3"

Wt:290 lbs

40:4.7 secs

Bench Max:400

Squat Max:535

Vertical:32 inches

GPA:3

ACT:23

:hellloooo I love it, taking one right out from under Missouri's nose IN Missouri!! It just don't get better than this! I think Bo has made his mark with this game in Missouri...recruiting will only get better. This kid looks like a monster. :)

Don't get too excited, Missouri clearly didn't want him THAT much. I mean, what Missouri recruit would EVER want to go to Nebraska. Mizzou does own Nebraska now, after all. Just look at the way the bea... oh ya...

:sarcasm

In all seriousness now, I think this kid is going to be a HUGE get for us. Seems like a great prospect.

awesome news great pick up

mr rome must have been at the game, and liked what he saw from the huskers. maybe some of the decommits might come back onboard again, hopefully..chase would probably get to play quicker at nu than if he went to ou or florida. unless he has closed the book on recruiting, there will be lots of pressure from other schools...but being close to his home in columbia sure does help

now if nu can stick it to kansas,,might get some of the kansas youngsters rethinking...this is a must win....nu does look stronger this year than last

awesome news great pick up

mr rome must have been at the game, and liked what he saw from the huskers. maybe some of the decommits might come back onboard again, hopefully..chase would probably get to play quicker at nu than if he went to ou or florida. unless he has closed the book on recruiting, there will be lots of pressure from other schools...but being close to his home in columbia sure does help

now if nu can stick it to kansas,,might get some of the kansas youngsters rethinking...this is a must win....nu does look stronger this year than last

he is quoted of saying "that's it i'm done no more calls. i will go to nebraska"

now the big question, how does this affect t gabba gabba. time to ask in his thread i suppose.

This cant be correct, I have been told over and over by bigredboard posters that Bo and his staff cant recruit. hmmm something is wrong here, really wrong!

GO BIG RED

Not sure if this has been posted in this thread yet, but Rome is a December graduate and will be joining the Huskers in the spring.

Great news!!! Glad to have you Mr. Rome. :woo:woo:woo:woo

was an unoffical visitor at the OU game......

little teaser on rivals said how every time he comes he feels more and more at home and like he made the right choice :horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

was an unoffical visitor at the OU game......

little teaser on rivals said how every time he comes he feels more and more at home and like he made the right choice :horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

You made the right choice Mr. Rome :bonez:bonez:bonez

Anyone else excited about Mr. Rome coming to NU? He'll be here in January. Looking forward to seeing him play in the Red/White game. I have a feeling he'll be making a HUGE impact in the next few years. He seems like he has a good attitude and is willing to learn and grow. I see BIG things for this kid's future under the Pelini Administration.

As mentioned above, don't forget to check out his videos.

http://chaserome.com/chaserome/Videos.html

Anyone else excited about Mr. Rome coming to NU? He'll be here in January. Looking forward to seeing him play in the Red/White game. I have a feeling he'll be making a HUGE impact in the next few years. He seems like he has a good attitude and is willing to learn and grow. I see BIG things for this kid's future under the Pelini Administration.

I'm stoked about this kid. I think this kid will be a beast. Plus, I love the fact that we got him right out of Pinkel's backyard.

I'm stoked about this kid. I think this kid will be a beast. Plus, I love the fact that we got him right out of Pinkel's backyard.

I hear ya. I remember reading an interview shortly after he committed to NU saying that he hopes to play in the NFL and felt that the Pelini Bros. could help him get there. He seems like a goal-oriented kid, which is a plus.

I hear ya. I remember reading an interview shortly after he committed to NU saying that he hopes to play in the NFL and felt that the Pelini Bros. could help him get there. He seems like a goal-oriented kid, which is a plus.

Jay Guy said the exact same thing. I love the fact that they are both going to be on campus in January. This will add to the competition.

"Getting to the NFL" is a very effective, if somewhat illusion-based, sell.

I'm glad we got these guys, though. It's true, they do have that chance.

Chase Rome is the man. He will do to Gabbert Jr what Suh did to Big Gabbert

I think Rome's chances of playing against Big Gabbert is far greater than playing against Lil' Gabbert. By the sounds of it, some MU fans don't think Lil' Gabbert will beat out James Franklin for the starting spot after Big Gabbert leaves the program.

I think Rome's chances of playing against Big Gabbert is far greater than playing against Lil' Gabbert. By the sounds of it, some MU fans don't think Lil' Gabbert will beat out James Franklin for the starting spot after Big Gabbert leaves the program.

He's a very bright kid for his age, and the fact that he's moving onto campus tomorrow certainly helps his chances of contributing immediately. He was also very mature, humble yet confident, as well as funny in the interview he did with 1620. If I could give him one piece of advice, it would be to turn down his radio.

1/6, Segment 12

He's a very bright kid for his age, and the fact that he's moving onto campus tomorrow certainly helps his chances of contributing immediately. He was also very mature, humble yet confident, as well as funny in the interview he did with 1620. If I could give him one piece of advice, it would be to turn down his radio.

1/6, Segment 12

Thanks for the link.

I'm looking forward to seeing Rome on the line. I was impressed with his film. He should excel under the Pelini Administration.

the thing that stood out to me the most when i was listening to them today was his tattoo...a Sasquatch walking through the swamp sleeve??? interesting, to say the least. you gotta be tough to be doing stuff like that. i hope.

On a plane flight from St. Louis to CA last month I was seated next to a high school senior from Columbia, MO. We got to talking and I found out he was a huge Mizzou football fan. I told him that Nebraska had a commit from Columbia named Chase Rome and he immediately jumped in and said, "Oh yeah, that guy is an absolute beast. Our high schools are rivals and he single-handedly beat my school, playing both offense and defense. Everyone in town was so pissed when the best player in Columbia decided to play for Nebraska." I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the flight.

I had totally forgotten that Rome played offense too, but then I went back and watched his film and sure enough, there he was playing DE and QB! Maybe our coaches will find a use for him in goal line situations in the next few years.

On a plane flight from St. Louis to CA last month I was seated next to a high school senior from Columbia, MO. We got to talking and I found out he was a huge Mizzou football fan. I told him that Nebraska had a commit from Columbia named Chase Rome and he immediately jumped in and said, "Oh yeah, that guy is an absolute beast. Our high schools are rivals and he single-handedly beat my school, playing both offense and defense. Everyone in town was so pissed when the best player in Columbia decided to play for Nebraska." I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the flight.

I had totally forgotten that Rome played offense too, but then I went back and watched his film and sure enough, there he was playing DE and QB! Maybe our coaches will find a use for him in goal line situations in the next few years.

Cool story.

I wonder if Romes family will be treated like McNeils was last year.

Good question. I hadn't thought of that. I hope not, but I would imagine it would be considered much worse for a kid from Columbia to go to NU than a kid from St. Louis.

:dunno Must have missed it, would you please elaborate.

Good question. I hadn't thought of that. I hope not, but I would imagine it would be considered much worse for a kid from Columbia to go to NU than a kid from St. Louis.

They play in Lincoln this year, Mizzwho won't have any fans left the year after that, nothing to worry about :w00t