Irving Fryar interview on KMTV Omaha

Irving Fry was on KETV channel 7 tonight. During his interview he was saying (paraphrasing): "The previous regime didn't get Nebraska football. They just didn't!!"

It was in reference to the fact that Irving's son, London Fryar, is moving on the the NFL. He was definitely excellent D1 college material. Callahan ignored the tape that Irving had sent to Nebraska concerning his son during the recruiting process. Irving would have loved for his son to have come to Nebraska as is typical for past Husker's sons with the ability to play at this level.

Callahan=ignorant ass

Pud-Cal, Cal-Pud I wish someone could find out what those two were really trying to do with the program. Nothing they did had any thing to do with keeping the Husker tradition going, as we knew it. Pud is the biggest mystery to me. Why a Nebraskan would try to turn a program that was tried and true for so long into his own personal [ can't come up with the right word] is mind boggling. I don't think I will ever understand what he thought he was going to accomplish, by destroying what Bob D and Tom O, had built. Was it ego or stupidity, or did he just have an axe to grind??????????????? :dunno:blink:

GBR!!!

Pud-Cal, Cal-Pud I wish someone could find out what those two were really trying to do with the program. Nothing they did had any thing to do with keeping the Husker tradition going, as we knew it. Pud is the biggest mystery to me. Why a Nebraskan would try to turn a program that was tried and true for so long into his own personal [ can't come up with the right word] is mind boggling. I don't think I will ever understand what he thought he was going to accomplish, by destroying what Bob D and Tom O, had built. Was it ego or stupidity, or did he just have an axe to grind??????????????? :dunno:blink:

GBR!!!

Agree completely. If you watch the entire 1996 Fiesta Bowl (62-24 beating of Florida), you can see Pud smiling like a little boy as he takes the field with the Husker team. Why he did what he did will boggle my mind forever. The guy must have been on drugs.

Irving Fry was on KETV channel 7 tonight. During his interview he was saying (paraphrasing): "The previous regime didn't get Nebraska football. They just didn't!!"

It was in reference to the fact that Irving's son, London Fryar, is moving on the the NFL. He was definitely excellent D1 college material. Callahan ignored the tape that Irving had sent to Nebraska concerning his son during the recruiting process. Irving would have loved for his son to have come to Nebraska as is typical for past Husker's sons with the ability to play at this level.

Callahan=ignorant ass

Lets just hope that the Jets don't draft this kid <_<

GBR!!!

Agree completely. If you watch the entire 1996 Fiesta Bowl (62-24 beating of Florida), you can see Pud smiling like a little boy as he takes the field with the Husker team. Why he did what he did will boggle my mind forever. The guy must have been on drugs.

I can only surmise that Pud actually thought he had exclusive knowledge, unknown to any other on this planet, of how to reinvent the elite college football program. And by doing so, there would eventually be statues built to celebrate his greatness.

Yes, I remember seeing his mug on that 96 Fiesta Bowl video. He looks like a giddy twenty something. Which is good and fine. Who could have known that he would later derail the very program he celebrates in that video and set us back a decade.

GBR!!!

I can only surmise that Pud actually thought he had exclusive knowledge, unknown to any other on this planet, of how to reinvent the elite college football program. And by doing so, there would eventually be statues built to celebrate his greatness.

Yes, I remember seeing his mug on that 96 Fiesta Bowl video. He looks like a giddy twenty something. Which is good and fine. Who could have known that he would later derail the very program he celebrates in that video and set us back a decade.

IIRC when the whole Doak thing was going on that it was said Pedey had actually made comments like "someday they will build statues in my honor."

• 2 weeks later...

or on a power trip.

sometimes, that's worse than any drug that you can take.

GBR!!!

To quote the sandman from USC 1620 3 words SAB O TAGE.