Colorado

East Conference

Texas

OSU

ISU

Baylor

TT

Misery

They could set it up something similar to that and just say screw adding anybody else forever!! :box:clap That set up also breaks up the Texas schools and it does get rid of the Red River Rivalry, but at the same I think it would even up the conferences nicely considering the South has been ridiculously good for the majority of the Big 12. Just an example though so don't flame me too hard :nanalama

It would be great if we could bounce sCUm to the Pac 10 and take one of these teams in their place!

Can't handle us anymore??

If they wanted to add TCU then bring in Utah for the North.

I don't think Utah fits geographically. I know it's actually closer to the north than many Texas schools but there seems to be a mentallity that splits the country up between west of Rockies, east of Appalachians and the middle of the country. Maybe I'm just perceiving that wrong.

Oddly, I've often thought that CU ended up on the wrong side of the slope.

West Conference

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Kansas

Kansas State

T A&M

Colorado

East Conference

Texas

OSU

ISU

Baylor

TT

Misery

I like the alignment, but I don't think it's fair to Texans (not UT fans) to split up all their traditional foes (remember how it felt to lose the OU game every year) or force too many long road trips for away games if it can be easily avoided. This is why adding 2 southern teams and moving the OK schools north makes sense. Less travel for fans, more familiar opponants. Keep in mind, these conferences are not just for football, even if that's all that really matters.

The whole set up of the Big 12 as it is now is just stupid. Having two divisions within the conference...retarded.

Last year, the Big 12 possibly had the two best teams in college football with Texas and Oklahoma. Both of them in the south...so do those two teams get to play each other in the conference championship? Hell no...they have to play Missouri which was argueably the 5th best team in the Big 12 (behind OK, Texas, TT and OK State). How utterly moronic is that???

Every team in the Big 12 plays 12 games in the season...four non-conference and 8 conference with a rotating schedule against three teams from the other division. Again...how moronic is that??? That totally leaves the door open for a completely average team to win either divisions. For a highly fantastic example, let's look at the Cyclones

In 2009, the Clones face a tough non-conference schedule featuring mighty North Dakota State, Iowa, Kent State and Army....conceivably coming out of the first four weeks 4-0. They also have a favorable line-up of teams from the South (OK State Texas A&M and Baylor...and why does one season of semi-bad football make Baylor some kind of threat in 2009?) where I can see them getting at least a split...so lets say now they are 6-1. Then you have a K-State which is beatable and perhaps a Colorado in Ames win...that's 8-1 right there. Write off Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri and the Clones still end up 8-4. Now, if any of the other North teams falter at all you could possibly end up sending Iowa State to the Big 12 Championship game to be embarrassed by whatever powerhouse is the last man standing in the South. How utterly moronic is that???

The only solution is to throw all the teams into one big Conference (as God meant for it to be) and play each other at least once during the season. That way the conference champion is the team that is the best, not the one with the easiest non-conference schedule and the most favorable line-up of teams from the other division. Have the teams determine it on the field.

Besides...why should a Big 12 (or SEC or whoever) be subsidising the Western Michigan or Sam Houston State football programs by paying them thousands of dollars to come up and be humiliated? What are they...hookers? Let em figure out another way to make money that by being the whipping boy of the big football powers.

12 teams....11 games with one bye week to heal up. Let the players and coaching staff determine who the best team is...not a bunch of pencil pushing jerk-offs.

*end of rant*

I hate the Big 12 and the way everything is set up.

Fixed it for you, Cy. :rollin

BTW, you mention in your post something about why everybody is thinking Baylor could be a threat? Well, in my opinion, it's because they actually have a play maker at quarterback. He had his team winning at half time against us in Lincoln. They also gave a couple of teams scares last season (like one of their last game against Texas Tech last year, they lost 35-28. They also only lost to Misery by a field goal with a final score of 31-28).

The whole set up of the Big 12 as it is now is just stupid. Having two divisions within the conference...retarded.

Last year, the Big 12 possibly had the two best teams in college football with Texas and Oklahoma. Both of them in the south...so do those two teams get to play each other in the conference championship? Hell no...they have to play Missouri which was argueably the 5th best team in the Big 12 (behind OK, Texas, TT and OK State). How utterly moronic is that???

Every team in the Big 12 plays 12 games in the season...four non-conference and 8 conference with a rotating schedule against three teams from the other division. Again...how moronic is that??? That totally leaves the door open for a completely average team to win either divisions. For a highly fantastic example, let's look at the Cyclones

In 2009, the Clones face a tough non-conference schedule featuring mighty North Dakota State, Iowa, Kent State and Army....conceivably coming out of the first four weeks 4-0. They also have a favorable line-up of teams from the South (OK State Texas A&M and Baylor...and why does one season of semi-bad football make Baylor some kind of threat in 2009?) where I can see them getting at least a split...so lets say now they are 6-1. Then you have a K-State which is beatable and perhaps a Colorado in Ames win...that's 8-1 right there. Write off Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri and the Clones still end up 8-4. Now, if any of the other North teams falter at all you could possibly end up sending Iowa State to the Big 12 Championship game to be embarrassed by whatever powerhouse is the last man standing in the South. How utterly moronic is that???

The only solution is to throw all the teams into one big Conference (as God meant for it to be) and play each other at least once during the season. That way the conference champion is the team that is the best, not the one with the easiest non-conference schedule and the most favorable line-up of teams from the other division. Have the teams determine it on the field.

Besides...why should a Big 12 (or SEC or whoever) be subsidising the Western Michigan or Sam Houston State football programs by paying them thousands of dollars to come up and be humiliated? What are they...hookers? Let em figure out another way to make money that by being the whipping boy of the big football powers.

12 teams....11 games with one bye week to heal up. Let the players and coaching staff determine who the best team is...not a bunch of pencil pushing jerk-offs.

*end of rant*

It would also keep the old rivalries around that are on life support. I like it.

Plus you wouldn't have to play that stupid Conference Championship game where everyone gets exhausted or injured before going out and playing some team that spent the weekend of your Conference Championship game watching you on TV and laughing because all your players are exhausted and/or injured...

And they should play the BCS Championship game somewhere in the Midwest in the snow and cold. Where real MEN play football...not these 5-star ballerina recruits they have playing under the sun in Florida nowadays....play the damn thing in Helena or somewhere manly like that... :angry:

Plus you wouldn't have to play that stupid Conference Championship game where everyone gets exhausted or injured before going out and playing some team that spent the weekend of your Conference Championship game watching you on TV and laughing because all your players are exhausted and/or injured...

And they should play the BCS Championship game somewhere in the Midwest in the snow and cold. Where real MEN play football...not these 5-star ballerina recruits they have playing under the sun in Florida nowadays....play the damn thing in Helena or somewhere manly like that... :angry:

YES!!

The Fargo Bowl in North Dakota! :nanalama

Real football is played in the Midwest.

YES!!

The Fargo Bowl in North Dakota! :nanalama

Real football is played in the Midwest.

Yeah, I say this all the time. Oklahoma had to play at Florida. OSU had to play at Louisiana. How many times did we play one of the three Florida teams in the Orange Bowl? Big Ten teams get to play in Cali against west coast teams. I don't think having a BCS game every once in a while in KC, Green Bay, Denver, or w/e is too outrageous. Only problem is there isn't a way to just leave the spot open so that it can be a decidedly neutral site, this would just shift the advantage, and a cold weather team in cold weather really is a big advantage.

*end of rant*

I agree the title games seems to have been a better fit as OU / UT, but I am not sure I agree about 11 game conference season. First of all, that would prettty much eliminate much in the way for any chenace to win for you guys, and I do not mind watching a few non conference games. I think that since we do not have a playoff, it is one of the few wqays to place rankings across conference. It would be a little boring to have the same schedule, every year...

I agree the title games seems to have been a better fit as OU / UT, but I am not sure I agree about 11 game conference season. First of all, that would prettty much eliminate much in the way for any chenace to win for you guys, and I do not mind watching a few non conference games. I think that since we do not have a playoff, it is one of the few wqays to place rankings across conference. It would be a little boring to have the same schedule, every year...

KU under Mangino

Non-con (aka cupcake) record 20-6

Conf (aka teams w/ a pulse) record 22-34

If I were a Jayhawk, I would pull a Notre Dumb: Independent in football, conference for all other sports.

BTW congratulations on your basketball team's run this year - I was pulling for you and the other Big 12 schools - with all the youth on the team the next two years will be phenominal for you.

*end of rant*

SEC and ACC have the same setup, 2 divisions. If Texas played OU for the Big 12 title each year, why would the Big 12 north teams stay in the Big 12? GET SOME!

Any team can beat any other team on any given Saturday...unless they don't GET to play the other team on any given Saturday because the other team is busy playing a football powerhouse like Pan American State... <_<

And, for those who love their Non-Conference games...you still have a bye week. Play your cupcakes that week...

Monetarily, I'm pretty sure a lot more fans would show up and shell out a lot more money from year to year watching inter-conference battles over games featuring the Maine Black Bears or the Austin Peay Peons or whatever they are. Okay, maybe not in Lincoln where they seem to sell out EVERY game but at most other Big 12 stadiums.

Hey...I just noticed you mentioned the ACC in the same thread where I was demanding a new Big 12 set up...ACC...Big 12...Football...Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Dude...you are FUNNY :clap