Fox Sports says Big 12 expansion

Plus you wouldn't have to play that stupid Conference Championship game where everyone gets exhausted or injured before going out and playing some team that spent the weekend of your Conference Championship game watching you on TV and laughing because all your players are exhausted and/or injured...

And they should play the BCS Championship game somewhere in the Midwest in the snow and cold. Where real MEN play football...not these 5-star ballerina recruits they have playing under the sun in Florida nowadays....play the damn thing in Helena or somewhere manly like that... :angry:

YES!!

The Fargo Bowl in North Dakota! :nanalama

Real football is played in the Midwest.

Yeah, I say this all the time. Oklahoma had to play at Florida. OSU had to play at Louisiana. How many times did we play one of the three Florida teams in the Orange Bowl? Big Ten teams get to play in Cali against west coast teams. I don't think having a BCS game every once in a while in KC, Green Bay, Denver, or w/e is too outrageous. Only problem is there isn't a way to just leave the spot open so that it can be a decidedly neutral site, this would just shift the advantage, and a cold weather team in cold weather really is a big advantage.

The other problem involves the media and the hype for the game. No sportscasters/fans want to spend time waiting for the big game in a place that is balls @$$ cold, and they don't want to freeze during the game. They want to be warm and enjoy what's going on, and very few people enjoy a football game, outside, in the middle of January.

Any team can beat any other team on any given Saturday...unless they don't GET to play the other team on any given Saturday because the other team is busy playing a football powerhouse like Pan American State... <_<

And, for those who love their Non-Conference games...you still have a bye week. Play your cupcakes that week...

Monetarily, I'm pretty sure a lot more fans would show up and shell out a lot more money from year to year watching inter-conference battles over games featuring the Maine Black Bears or the Austin Peay Peons or whatever they are. Okay, maybe not in Lincoln where they seem to sell out EVERY game but at most other Big 12 stadiums.

Hey...I just noticed you mentioned the ACC in the same thread where I was demanding a new Big 12 set up...ACC...Big 12...Football...Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Dude...you are FUNNY :clap

Cy, an Iowa State fan making fun of the ACC? Now that is comedy! Didn't you lose to Nortern Iowa!!! Mentioning Iowa State in the same sentence as the other BIG 12 schools is funny as hell!!!!

Plus you wouldn't have to play that stupid Conference Championship game where everyone gets exhausted or injured before going out and playing some team that spent the weekend of your Conference Championship game watching you on TV and laughing because all your players are exhausted and/or injured...

And they should play the BCS Championship game somewhere in the Midwest in the snow and cold. Where real MEN play football...not these 5-star ballerina recruits they have playing under the sun in Florida nowadays....play the damn thing in Helena or somewhere manly like that... :angry:

YES!!

The Fargo Bowl in North Dakota! :nanalama

Real football is played in the Midwest.

Yeah, I say this all the time. Oklahoma had to play at Florida. OSU had to play at Louisiana. How many times did we play one of the three Florida teams in the Orange Bowl? Big Ten teams get to play in Cali against west coast teams. I don't think having a BCS game every once in a while in KC, Green Bay, Denver, or w/e is too outrageous. Only problem is there isn't a way to just leave the spot open so that it can be a decidedly neutral site, this would just shift the advantage, and a cold weather team in cold weather really is a big advantage.

The other problem involves the media and the hype for the game. No sportscasters/fans want to spend time waiting for the big game in a place that is balls @$$ cold, and they don't want to freeze during the game. They want to be warm and enjoy what's going on, and very few people enjoy a football game, outside, in the middle of January.

They have had the super bowl and playoff games in cold climates. Yeah, I spose I would rather go to San Antonio in December than Green Bay, but sh#t, you could go ice fishing, skiing in some places like if the game were in Denver, idk I mean you can always find stuff. I really really enjoyed when I went to the Alamo Bowl in 03 though, it was like a double whammy of a vacation/party and going to a Husker bowl game.

I'va always wondered why Denver doesn't put in a bid for the Big 12 title game, hell, if you are going to have it in Arrowhead in December then what would be wrong with Mile High?

Because it's usually pretty clear by that time that the Chiefs aren't gonna be needing their stadium for football by that point in the season....

I'va always wondered why Denver doesn't put in a bid for the Big 12 title game, hell, if you are going to have it in Arrowhead in December then what would be wrong with Mile High?

Because it's usually pretty clear by that time that the Chiefs aren't gonna be needing their stadium for football by that point in the season....

hahahahahahaha.....

and the same could be said recently about the Cowboys, the other site of the game!

:laughpound

The B12 title game is played on a Saturday though so that shouldn't have a huge effect on where it is played, since the NFL very rarely has ever played a game on Saturday.

I think Denver might be a good place for the B12 game. Hopefully their aren't sh*t tons amounts of snow when the game is being played lol.

Arrowhead stadium is very nice though. It's a great venue and it's much more centrally located as far as where the B12 teams are. Colorado is the team furthest west and the furthest from the South teams, so I bet the B12 wants to keep the game as centrally located as they can.