Mods: Invite Ex-Players???

Why would you want something from the players? I am Dr. Tom......

Pssh... I am actually a highly advanced computer developed by UNL scientists with Bob Devaney's brain inside of me.

But seriously, while I think it would be cool to hear stuff from players not currently having their own radio show or a major contributor to another radio show (I say that because you can get their thoughts every afternoon already)... I can't help but wonder what would happen if a guy like Corey McKeon revealed himself to this board.

And like DJR said, there may already be some former players contributing to this board.

I know their are at least two current players that are members of this board, not necessarily contributing, but members none-the-less.

pillen clearly. but not sure on the other....

that's the one i knew... who's the other?

pillen clearly. but not sure on the other....

actually, pillen is a current player and i really haven't seen too much of him around the boards. i gotta think the staff would discourage current players from actively engaging in forums.

the only bad thing about that is it only takes one ding-dong to spout their mouth off and ruin it for everyone, but it would be great to hear some stories from some guys first hand.

Heaven forbid anybody offering a real opinion other than pure unadulterated ass kissing...

the only bad thing about that is it only takes one ding-dong to spout their mouth off and ruin it for everyone, but it would be great to hear some stories from some guys first hand.

Heaven forbid anybody offering a real opinion other than pure unadulterated ass kissing...

thanks for proving my point as to why there will probably never be a real thread with a former player on here <_<

Prove your point? Give me a break. Too many 'loyal' husker fans are wound way too tight. This board is for discussion, opinions and freedom to express what we think. But there are too many 'loyal' husker fans that jump down anyone's throat for questioning coaches, players or system. My guess is that the younger 'loyal' fans are the ones that question anyone elses 'loyalty' just because they don't yell rah rah go team go at every opportunity.

I think it would be great to have current/former players on here. What I would like more is if they were grown ups and adults that knew how to deal with other's opinions questions and criticisms....just like every other adult in life in the working world. Wait. Former players are usually anywhere from 23-90....so yeah, they probably are old enough and man enough to deal with something other than everyone worshiping their footsteps.

It would be great to have LP on here. We could all talk about what a great RB he was and how impressive he was in the bowl games. What amazing athleticism he had....as we all ignored the subjects and questions we really have for him. Or Mo Purify. The catch against A&M. The first 'big game' receiver in years. But nobody would have the balls to ask..."so what happened that night at the bar?"

Or Mo Purify. The catch against A&M. The first 'big game' receiver in years. But nobody would have the balls to ask..."so what happened that night at the bar?"

Or where snow comes from.

:clap

In a way he was right when he said "I thought it came from the ground". Air gets saturated with moisture from the ground and ground water sources (along with these huge ocean things) before it goes up, freezes in the sky...and falls back to the ground.

Oh crap...I made fun of him. Now he probably won't sign up to be a member. Guess I'll have to wait for some other player to sign up so I can ask riveting questions like "What are the locker rooms like?" and see if I can get a picture taken with them.

It would be great to have LP on here. We could all talk about what a great RB he was and how impressive he was in the bowl games. What amazing athleticism he had....as we all ignored the subjects and questions we really have for him. Or Mo Purify. The catch against A&M. The first 'big game' receiver in years. But nobody would have the balls to ask..."so what happened that night at the bar?"

I assume you are including yourself in the 2 bolded statements. Just wondering.