Spano Injury

green will still redshirt

I agree so long as Lee stays healthy. If (god forbid) something happens to Lee, Green is going in. Washington is in no way ready to play quarterback.

My thoughts are that Green would have to be prepared as the #2 . The other choice is not viable. Wish he could have shirted but he is going to have to at least get #2 snaps to be ready if Lee gets hurt. Just my 2 cents.

I was once on the boat that there is no way Green will play this year. However with competition dropping like flies it is looking more and more like he will atleast play some. Probably not earn the full time starting spot but if Lee gets dinged even for a couple plays Green will see playing time. This sucks because he is more than likely going to have to burn his redshirt that I believe was going to be essential to NU having a possible three year starter.

This is bad for us. One would hope that if Cody Green can pick up the offense then he gets worked into the early games and possibly become the starter. I like Lee and I hope they don't need to use Green but we're looking a little thin at QB.

I've had 2 ACL repairs so far, and they aren't something you come back from quickly. It is a 6 month minimum, and that is before Physical Therapy, so count on 8-10 months, if not more. Then comes the mental aspect, for that first few weeks you're a little timid because you don't want it to happen again, took me a good 3 weeks to notice I could make cuts on it again and not have any problems.

Lee's workload just increased, but unless something happens to him, Green should still be on pace to redshirt. Nothing changes at the top. Zac will play every snap of every game unless seriously warranted. Don't be surprised if a guy like Jim Ebke, who only moved to safety this spring, gets a few reps before fall practice begins.

If this is true, then would that make LT 2 or Green 2?

My guess is that it has to be Green. LaTravis hasn't played QB for years. (other than this spring.) Word is that he has some serious accuracy issues.

Someone that seems to have a lot of inside info, posted on a blog on Huskerexta, that LTW has been blowing away Green and Spano in practice. I hope we get a good look at him in the spring game.

This guy also knew about Kodys acl tear last night.

If this is true, then would that make LT 2 or Green 2?

My guess is that it has to be Green. LaTravis hasn't played QB for years. (other than this spring.) Word is that he has some serious accuracy issues.

Someone that seems to have a lot of inside info, posted on a blog on Huskerexta, that LTW has been blowing away Green and Spano in practice. I hope we get a good look at him in the spring game.

This guy also knew about Kodys acl tear last night.

Hope he is right. Redshirt year for Green is extremely important.

Green might not be able to redshirt anymore. I think he'll be #2 but won't get any snaps unless Lee goes down, then the redshirt comes off. This is not sounding like a very good situation. Hopefully we see something out of Washington, as said. I don't have any hopes for Washington personally, so that story that he's been blowing away Spano is surprising to me, if true. We shall see.