Zac Lee

I just looked through the front page topics and realized there is no topic talking about how the starting quarterback played in the spring game. (I think largely because Washington greatly exceeded expectations, while Lee had high expectations and met them.)

Anyways, Lee threw some beautiful balls out there. The pass to Ben Cotton, and 3-4 passes over the middle showed outstanding touch. If this guy is as fast as reports indicate, and green jersey passing stats translate to real game passing, watch out. He could be really, really, good.

I just looked through the front page topics and realized there is no topic talking about how the starting quarterback played in the spring game. (I think largely because Washington greatly exceeded expectations, while Lee had high expectations and met them.)

Anyways, Lee threw some beautiful balls out there. The pass to Ben Cotton, and 3-4 passes over the middle showed outstanding touch. If this guy is as fast as reports indicate, and green jersey passing stats translate to real game passing, watch out. He could be really, really, good.

Well I don't think he's maintaining his hold on the #1 QB spot by accident... :lol:

Well I don't think he's maintaining his hold on the #1 QB spot by accident... :lol:

Nice :clap

I never said he was. I was just surprised that apparently there is little excitement about our (apparently) starting quarterback's outstanding play at the game.

agreed, i think it is a great topic of discussion.

to me, he looked just as polished as i expected him to due to his credentials. i would really like to see those wheels though as i think that he will possibly be a ganz like passer and a Lord like runner. the best of both worlds...

Only guessing here --- but I'd predict that he'll be better than Ganz as a passer (at least by seasons end) and will be a very good runner, but probably not quite Lord's caliber (he was, frankly, an awesome runner). Your point is well taken, Lee should be really good at both passing and running.

Now..... Mr. Lee --- please stay healthy!

to me, he looked just as polished as i expected him to due to his credentials. i would really like to see those wheels though as i think that he will possibly be a ganz like passer and a Lord like runner. the best of both worlds...

Only guessing here --- but I'd predict that he'll be better than Ganz as a passer (at least by seasons end) and will be a very good runner, but probably not quite Lord's caliber (he was, frankly, an awesome runner). Your point is well taken, Lee should be really good at both passing and running.

:yeah The word is that he has a very strong arm, which is something Ganz did not. I think we will some some long ball this season.

:yeah The word is that he has a very strong arm, which is something Ganz did not. I think we will some some long ball this season.

Chicks dig the long ball

He played well during the Spring Game. Nice touch on his throws, very accurate. His performance doesn't tell us much about the kind of QB he'll be come fall, but it sure as hell makes me excited to see what he can do with the leash off. There's still questions about how he's going to handle the whole Watson system in a real-game situation. He's going to have to forge a real leadership position under pressure.

I hope he works out. It'll give Green a redshirt year (God willing) and then another year of seasoning as a backup. The good news is he's got a stable of running backs to depend on. I'm just as excited to see what Helu can do with his new physique. But after watching Lee's performance, provided he stays healthy, I'm thinking the offense will do fine this year. All reports indicate Lee is Joe's athletic superior; if he can manage the intangibles as well, we'll be in good shape.

Didnt get to see game or highlights so its good to hear the feedback on Lee. He'll have four games to prep up and learn and improve before Big 12 play begins. It would be fantastic if he plays great during that stretch, but the goal will be to improve week by week while getting battle tested.