Science of "the" kick.

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't here some untrue facts in the article. NU was not down by 4, but by 1. If we were down by 4 then why was it such a big kick? It gave us the lead. There were not 8 minutes left in the game, but less than 2.

You are correct.

This is why, on most important issues, I don't form my opinion based on Daily Nebraskan articles. Perhaps they thought a field goal was worth more points from a long ways out... sorta like basketball.

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't here some untrue facts in the article. NU was not down by 4, but by 1. If we were down by 4 then why was it such a big kick? It gave us the lead. There were not 8 minutes left in the game, but less than 2.

You are correct.

This is why, on most important issues, I don't form my opinion based on Daily Nebraskan articles. Perhaps they thought a field goal was worth more points from a long ways out... sorta like basketball.

The Daily Nebraskan, and I don't mean to offend anyone associated with it, is the worst newspaper in the Omaha/Lincoln area. I know it's a student paper, but the kids writing articles want to be journalists someday, and errors like the 4 points just can't happen.

You are correct.

The Daily Nebraskan, and I don't mean to offend anyone associated with it, is the worst newspaper in the Omaha/Lincoln area. I know it's a student paper, but the kids writing articles want to be journalists someday, and errors like the 4 points just can't happen.

I thought their statistics were a little funny. I thought I was right, I was there for one of the most exciting moments of my life.

It seems like it would be pretty easy to do some simple research on the situation. Husker Extra has some great statistics. I believe they even give a play by play timeline of every game.

How would I kick a 57 yard kick?

Kick the ball 19 yards, set it up, kick it another 19 yards, set it up again and take 4 tries to finally split the goal posts.

Unless I worked for the DN, it would be 3 separate 14 yard kicks because they don't do research very well.