SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Visiting FSU this weekend. No need to worry about this one fellas.

FSU already has two runningbacks committed in this class, James Wilder, and DeVonte Freeman. With those two already in hand I find it hard to believe that Aaron is really that interested in FSU. This looks like a free weekend getaway to watch some football.

IMO Wilder is an all-conference RB, but an all-American LB. Out of the four backs that played that weekend (Brown, Green, Blakely, Wilder) he was a distant fourth.

Visiting FSU this weekend. No need to worry about this one fellas.

FSU already has two runningbacks committed in this class, James Wilder, and DeVonte Freeman. With those two already in hand I find it hard to believe that Aaron is really that interested in FSU. This looks like a free weekend getaway to watch some football.

IMO Wilder is an all-conference RB, but an all-American LB. Out of the four backs that played that weekend (Brown, Green, Blakely, Wilder) he was a distant fourth.

You are right EZ, he wasnt to impressive, Blakely was actually very impressive. FSU is the only school in Aarons top four with a home game on his bye week.

As crazy as it may sound I don't think that is in question anymore where A. Green ends up. I kind of see it like the Corey Cooper situation last season where he has narrowed it down, but he is going to take his time to commit. If we have a showing like we did against OU last year and our crowd shows up and is that loud again I can see us walking away with quite a few of those kids coming to campus that day.

As crazy as it may sound I don't think that is in question anymore where A. Green ends up. I kind of see it like the Corey Cooper situation last season where he has narrowed it down, but he is going to take his time to commit. If we have a showing like we did against OU last year and our crowd shows up and is that loud again I can see us walking away with quite a few of those kids coming to campus that day.

Even if commits dont come on Sunday, it will pay off on signing day.

well, i can GUARENTEE our crowd will show up on 10/16, but i'd rather not see a game like the OU one. It was almost the same as the bills/browns game last year - punch each other in the face for 60 minutes and see who is left standing. hearing the crowd roar after 4 or 5 TD's (preferably all Helu/Burkehead scores) would help us a little more than 180 yards of total offense in a 10-3 win. At least in Aarons case.

well, i can GUARENTEE our crowd will show up on 10/16, but i'd rather not see a game like the OU one. It was almost the same as the bills/browns game last year - punch each other in the face for 60 minutes and see who is left standing. hearing the crowd roar after 4 or 5 TD's (preferably all Helu/Burkehead scores) would help us a little more than 180 yards of total offense in a 10-3 win. At least in Aarons case.

I think it would help to have an offensive explosion that day, but a win of any kind is going to look fantastic against the terrible Texans. The crowd is going to explode in that game and a win will set up such an explosive atmosphere that I don't think many of these kids will be able to compare to any other experience that they have on the recruiting trail.

So you're saying this whole season, running the ball so much, having Martinez at QB, and calling mostly running plays, is all a big ploy to get AG?

You sir, are correct!

He's saying that it'll probably help to have that stat in your arsenal to pull out when recruiting a blue chip RB, not that we're only doing it to get AG.

So you're saying this whole season, running the ball so much, having Martinez at QB, and calling mostly running plays, is all a big ploy to get AG?

You sir, are correct!

He's saying that it'll probably help to have that stat in your arsenal to pull out when recruiting a blue chip RB, not that we're only doing it to get AG.

I like the only doing it to get AG..

Just like Suh's play last year was only to get Owa... oh wait..

You sir, are correct!

Wah waaaaaaaah. :lol: Didn't AG say (somewhere previously posted in this thread) that he wanted to go to a team that had a balanced offense?

You sir, are correct!

Wah waaaaaaaah. :lol: Didn't AG say (somewhere previously posted in this thread) that he wanted to go to a team that had a balanced offense?

He wants to go to a balanced offense because he can go to the right equally as well as he goes to the left.

You sir, are correct!

He wants to go to a balanced offense because he can go to the right equally as well as he goes to the left.

He seems more fit for the kind of offense we are goin towards, the zone read/option attack. He can bounce to the outside, go in between the tackles, catch out of the backfield.

You sir, are correct!

He seems more fit for the kind of offense we are goin towards, the zone read/option attack. He can bounce to the outside, go in between the tackles, catch out of the backfield.

I take that with a grain of salt though. We do line up under center as well. But this year more than ever you have seen a coaching staff tailor (no pun intended) the offense around his playmakers' skillsets ie the zone read for T-Mobile. So if we think that we are going to be more successful running from the I formation when AG is in the game you can imagine that we will run from the I formation.