KC Star picks Huskers 2nd in the North

Seriously, it is so far away from football season that people getting all worked up over Kansas getting picked over Nebraska is ridiculous. Let's get closer to fall, heck, even maybe play a down of football (and no, not the virtual football on the other thread!) and wait to see what happens.

I think Kansas-Nebraska will probably be one of the best games in the North. Then again, two years ago at this time, I was thinking Nebraska could be a BCS team.

Nebraska's mediocrity over the last 5 years gives us no reason to say that we will automatically beat a team (even Florida Atlantic!). Let's go to a BCS game again before we start running our mouths.

The difference now is that they won't QUIT on BO - That's worth 7 points on offense and a -14 points on Bofense.

I didn't know that when you state facts that it was being rude. These other teams in the north have got a few wins since 2001 and they act like they've beat us for 50 years. No matter what these visiting fans think - ku, ksu ,isu, cu, mu will never be the PROGRAM Nebraska is. I'm so sorry if these people didn't get the ball thrown to them when they were in grade school and they're still sensitive about it but jeez christ quit your crying!!!

You stated facts but you were rude...

ku & ksu are the same to NEBRASKA - your a speed bump we hit every know and then...

While that may be factually true considering the histories of the schools involved all I'm saying is that there's no reason to immediately jump to Def-Con 5.

And more to the point, KU has just as much of a shot at winning the north as we do right now...it's only May.

Personally, of all the Big 12 north schools, KU is the one I wouldn't mind being strong in football. Because I certainly don't want those purple ksucks clowns, scum or missery to be strong on a regular basis because their fans, with the exception of the select few who post here semi-regularly are completely insufferable.

I guess what I'm saying is keep the harshness in the "sheath" so to speak until it is actually needed and/or warranted.

Peace.

I think 2nd in the north is a reasonable assessment at this point. Reesing, Briscoe, Meier, Sharp, etc. will be a potent combination. Mangino has to find a new linebacker corps, but honestly, KU probably has more returning experience at the moment than we do. Additionally, the game is in Lawrence, so it's easy to see why the writer picks KU.

That said, I think we have as good of a chance as anyone to win the north. If Lee can be a good QB and we get solid OL play, I like our chances. I'd guess that it will be KU, NU and CU in the run for the north division. (MU might be better than I expect, but they lost so much talent that they have to drop off . . . don't they?)

Seriously, it is so far away from football season that people getting all worked up over Kansas getting picked over Nebraska is ridiculous. Let's get closer to fall, heck, even maybe play a down of football (and no, not the virtual football on the other thread!) and wait to see what happens.

I think Kansas-Nebraska will probably be one of the best games in the North. Then again, two years ago at this time, I was thinking Nebraska could be a BCS team.

Nebraska's mediocrity over the last 5 years gives us no reason to say that we will automatically beat a team (even Florida Atlantic!). Let's go to a BCS game again before we start running our mouths.

The difference now is that they won't QUIT on BO - That's worth 7 points on offense and a -14 points on Bofense.

So, you're saying that KU beats us 62-46 instead of 76-39 this time?

Does not matter - NU's kinks will be worked out by then. Even if you beat us you still don't beat us, kansas will always be kansas same as ksu will always be ksu in 208 games against your state NEBRASKA has had 38 off (losses) days.

Ilove differences of opinion, the spice of life, but what an odd take this is. A couple points to address...

1) If we beat you, we beat you. Who won 30 years ago doesn't get added to the score post mortem. It is not like you do not know what is coming up at this point.

2) KSU is a different school. Sorry that confuses you...

3) Combining records against different schools does not help make your point. What happens in Manhattan is not so relevant to what is happening in Lawrence. The same can be said for most states (California, Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, etc) , so does having only one major football prgram somehow cause you math issues?

So now that I have cleared those points up, good luck to you too buddy. Stay classy.

ku & ksu are the same to NEBRASKA - your a speed bump we hit every know and then - For ku football started 3 years ago and they're all pumping there chest. Teams that have no history and tradition will never understand what happens 30 years ago is still relevant to today.

:wacko::wtf

Don't get too worked up. South Bay is formerly known as Chad 1971 who had similar posts and idiotic rants. Check the woodshed or his Classy fans topic. He'll go away soon.

WHAAAAAAAA! some jerkoff doesn't like me - Where am I going so I can pack.

All he's saying is that you don't need to be so rude to fans of other teams who visits this site-which I whole-heartedly agree with.

Now, if said opposing fan is clearly being a jerk, trolling and/or poking the hornets nest then fine, fire away.

But, from what Ive been able to gather thus far, the fans from other teams on this site, for the most part, seem to be very level headed.

I didn't know that when you state facts that it was being rude. These other teams in the north have got a few wins since 2001 and they act like they've beat us for 50 years. No matter what these visiting fans think - ku, ksu ,isu, cu, mu will never be the PROGRAM Nebraska is. I'm so sorry if these people didn't get the ball thrown to them when they were in grade school and they're still sensitive about it but jeez christ quit your crying!!!

i actually agree with southbay on this one for the most part. i do not think that the KU game is going to be all that close next year.

as has been mentioned, they are basically breaking in a whole new offenses line and their defensive line is just not good.

Where do you win the game of football? IN THE TRENCHES! you could have barry sanders, randy moss, and dan marino in the backfield but it wouldnt matter if you had a bunch of rookies lining up in front of them....

i also think that Jayhawk was coming on here to stir the pot a bit (which isnt always a bad thing) because he certainly hasnt been on here posting the sites that have been picking the skers first, and all of a sudden he jumps on to say that the KANSAS city star picked the KANSAS jayhawks to finish first place in the big 12 north! just IMO.

Yeah, I just popped on. You never see me on here. Just joined and only post after a KU win or a Husker loss...

Regardless of if you agree with me, and this site would not exist if everyone agreed, I was more taking umbrage with his rude tone. I am fine with different points of view, but we can be civil. This is the main board I post on, as a matter of fact, so obviously I like people who have a different natural perspective than mine....

I think 2nd in the north is a reasonable assessment at this point. Reesing, Briscoe, Meier, Sharp, etc. will be a potent combination. Mangino has to find a new linebacker corps, but honestly, KU probably has more returning experience at the moment than we do. Additionally, the game is in Lawrence, so it's easy to see why the writer picks KU.

That said, I think we have as good of a chance as anyone to win the north. If Lee can be a good QB and we get solid OL play, I like our chances. I'd guess that it will be KU, NU and CU in the run for the north division. (MU might be better than I expect, but they lost so much talent that they have to drop off . . . don't they?)

Good assessment.

But I'm sticking to defense wins championships, and we've got more of it. :clap

I think we will win the north for sure next year, but Reesing is a freaking stud, so I think they play us close in Lawrence.

I would love for KU to be our main rivals in the north for now on, because they have great fans who are not A-holes, like CU,MU and KSU. But, they are and always will he a basketball school first. Sorry jayhawk, there is no way you could ever argue that fact.

SouthBayHusker, jawhawk is a very good and respectful poster on here, and he represents the KU fanbase well. NU and KU have always got along, and I hope it stays that way.

Does not matter - NU's kinks will be worked out by then. Even if you beat us you still don't beat us, kansas will always be kansas same as ksu will always be ksu in 208 games against your state NEBRASKA has had 38 off (losses) days.

Disagree. If Mangino stays at Lawrence he could give KU the tradition in football that many KU fans want. Whether one likes him or not, he has done a good job at KU.

Doesn't he have like one year with a winning conference record?

I think we will win the north for sure next year, but Reesing is a freaking stud, so I think they play us close in Lawrence.

I would love for KU to be our main rivals in the north for now on, because they have great fans who are not A-holes, like CU,MU and KSU. But, they are and always will he a basketball school first. Sorry jayhawk, there is no way you could ever argue that fact.

SouthBayHusker, jawhawk is a very good and respectful poster on here, and he represents the KU fanbase well. NU and KU have always got along, and I hope it stays that way.

I have a natural distrust of sure things . . . particularly in college football.

I have a natural distrust of sure things . . . particularly in college football.

Yeah, thats why I said " I think we will".

That's cool. It wasn't supposed to sound like I was attacking you.

I completely agree. I was at the KU-Nebraska game last year in Lincoln, and the Kansas fans I was sitting next to were pretty cool. Although, they left early while they were ahead because they couldn't take the cold!

That's cool. It wasn't supposed to sound like I was attacking you.

Not at all bro, I didn't take it that way. I agree that there are no sure things in College football. Just ask USC, they are supposed to win it all every year, and end up losiing games they shouldn't.