KC Star picks Huskers 2nd in the North

Does not matter - NU's kinks will be worked out by then. Even if you beat us you still don't beat us, kansas will always be kansas same as ksu will always be ksu in 208 games against your state NEBRASKA has had 38 off (losses) days.

Ilove differences of opinion, the spice of life, but what an odd take this is. A couple points to address...

1) If we beat you, we beat you. Who won 30 years ago doesn't get added to the score post mortem. It is not like you do not know what is coming up at this point.

2) KSU is a different school. Sorry that confuses you...

3) Combining records against different schools does not help make your point. What happens in Manhattan is not so relevant to what is happening in Lawrence. The same can be said for most states (California, Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, etc) , so does having only one major football prgram somehow cause you math issues?

So now that I have cleared those points up, good luck to you too buddy. Stay classy.

ku & ksu are the same to NEBRASKA - your a speed bump we hit every know and then - For ku football started 3 years ago and they're all pumping there chest. Teams that have no history and tradition will never understand what happens 30 years ago is still relevant to today.

I think your approach might be a little too brash. Until Nebraska starts kicking @$$ again, we really aren't in a position to throw around lofty thoughts of us still holding top dog status.

And honestly, what happened 30 years ago has relevance, but not a lot. Yes, we can proudly say we own a giant series lead on every team in the North, and yes we made them all into mince meat and them having a few good years on us doesn't negate that. Short of all that, however, the past doesn't matter imho.

Does not matter - NU's kinks will be worked out by then. Even if you beat us you still don't beat us, kansas will always be kansas same as ksu will always be ksu in 208 games against your state NEBRASKA has had 38 off (losses) days.

Ilove differences of opinion, the spice of life, but what an odd take this is. A couple points to address...

1) If we beat you, we beat you. Who won 30 years ago doesn't get added to the score post mortem. It is not like you do not know what is coming up at this point.

3) Combining records against different schools does not help make your point. What happens in Manhattan is not so relevant to what is happening in Lawrence. The same can be said for most states (California, Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, etc) , so does having only one major football prgram somehow cause you math issues?

So now that I have cleared those points up, good luck to you too buddy. Stay classy.

ku & ksu are the same to NEBRASKA - your a speed bump we hit every know and then - For ku football started 3 years ago and they're all pumping there chest. Teams that have no history and tradition will never understand what happens 30 years ago is still relevant to today.

You are just being arrogant. Our football program didn't just start yesterday, it is as old as yours. We are do not nearly have your history of great results, but past results do not guarantee future performance... We have had our runs before, but you apparently have it all figured out, so no need to tell you anything. You just gonna win all your games cause you got up in the morning knowing you have the divine right of victory and your poo don't stink.

Here are a few programs that had not done much at all before about 30 years ago who people call good football schools now to make my point....

Florida

Florida State

Miami

Virginia Tech

Oregon

I wish your coaches and team thought "We are great because we are us." You would get rolled so bad next time we played you, it would not even be funny. Fortunately for you, Bo isn't gonna let that happen, and athletes know better. We have a basketball program that is pretty up there, so it is not like I am unfamiliar with the benefits of being an elite program. Winners are playing now, being prepared for the challenges now, not believing in the divne right to victory based on 30/50/100 years ago, though. I can happily say that most Husker fans are more grounded and polite than you. I think a safer bet for the next 30 years between KU being awful again and you still being pompous is pretty clear...

:wacko::wtf

What happened the past 30 years, minus of course the four years from the previous coach, has relevance with regards to history and tradition and that's it. It has nothing to do with the situation when the two teams meet on the field later this year.

I'm expecting a Nebraska win because honestly I think our defense will be much better, stronger and faster than it was last season. Kansas will definitely bring their A game and will be ready to play no doubt.

:wacko::wtf

Don't get too worked up. South Bay is formerly known as Chad 1971 who had similar posts and idiotic rants. Check the woodshed or his Classy fans topic. He'll go away soon.

It is Kansas for God's sake...all they know is how to lose. I am planning on our boys keeping them in their losing way this year.

I am not sure I am buying this. We have been in bowl 3 of the last 4 years (bowl eligible all 4), won all 3, and one of those was a BCS bowl. Also, in the same period, we are batting .500 vs. you fine folks. I know you have BC to blame, but we have been doing fine outside of winning 2 vs. you lot. Actually, our biggest missing accomplishement is prbably a road win in Loncoln to break our dreaed streak there as well.

Should be a good game, but not sure we have a "losing way" anymore... I would suggest that you guys might want to get over the attitude that how things were at Kansas guarnatees failure. While I see Nebraska staying an excellent program, I see Kansas becoming a permanent fixture as a competitive program in its own right.

I can understand their pick.

1. It is a local paper covering the team.

2. KU should have a very good offense if they can establish the run they will be tough to handle at home.

3. We have an unproven QB at the helm. (By then he will be game savy I hope)

This will not be a walk in the park for either team and they both better show up with their A game or risk a thumping. It should be a good game.

imo what it is going to come down to is if we can harass Reesing as much as we did last year. I have a ton of respect for Reesing, but Kansas pass pro, especially against us, was nothing special last year.

Yeah, that is true. We had 2 rookie tackles last year though.... They are good athletes, just were not very game tested. I am hoping that will improve for us this year. If it does not, we ain't gonna win the title.

And this year you have 2 rookie guards.... and Suh is smiling.

It is Kansas for God's sake...all they know is how to lose. I am planning on our boys keeping them in their losing way this year. :sarcasm

I am not sure I am buying this. We have been in bowl 3 of the last 4 years (bowl eligible all 4), won all 3, and one of those was a BCS bowl. Also, in the same period, we are batting .500 vs. you fine folks. I know you have BC to blame, but we have been doing fine outside of winning 2 vs. you lot. Actually, our biggest missing accomplishement is prbably a road win in Loncoln to break our dreaed streak there as well.

Should be a good game, but not sure we have a "losing way" anymore... I would suggest that you guys might want to get over the attitude that how things were at Kansas guarnatees failure. While I see Nebraska staying an excellent program, I see Kansas becoming a permanent fixture as a competitive program in its own right.

OOPS! Fixed that...

It is Kansas for God's sake...all they know is how to lose. I am planning on our boys keeping them in their losing way this year.

Your program now, looks to be much better than the Kansas teams of old. You have the confidence each week that you can win.

That is what Nebraska had for over 40yrs. The Huskers will be hard to beat once that train of thought is instilled in them like the Huskers of old. That's whats been missing, but you can see it starting up again. The beatings the Huskers used to put on teams, that were felt for weeks after, is coming back under Bo's defense. It should be a good ride for a long time again.

GBR!!!

LOOK OUT HERE COMES THE jayhawks!!!

imo what it is going to come down to is if we can harass Reesing as much as we did last year. I have a ton of respect for Reesing, but Kansas pass pro, especially against us, was nothing special last year.

Yeah, that is true. We had 2 rookie tackles last year though.... They are good athletes, just were not very game tested. I am hoping that will improve for us this year. If it does not, we ain't gonna win the title.

And this year you have 2 rookie guards.... and Suh is smiling.

:yeah Oh and they also have a Rookie LT and essentially a Rookie C since they moved the LT from last year into the vacated C spot and hence filled the LT spot with a newbie. Although I can see the logic vs. NU though, if the LT is a good player then you would want him in the middle vs. Suh. Jayhawk, would that be flattery from the Fat Man towards Suh? :sarcasm

Looking for a good game this year!!!!