KC Star picks Huskers 2nd in the North

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1175332.html

Looks like I'll be seeing you boys in Lawrence for the title. I feel pretty good about this, a lot of the national stuff that gets thrown out overlooks KU because those guys don't watch much Big 12 football. Not to say I am gonna go book my flight to Dallas in Decemeber just yet, but this is the first time this has happened (serious attention to KU as the favorite to win the North), so forgive me as I choke up with pride... I still maintain NU's key is focused on the QB, wish we played you guys in early October... I think playing us late is to your advantage for 2 reasons, the other being Reesing has a habit of getting beat up with his size and his play diminishes a little late as barely being able to run takes its toll.

On other notes, I think CU will surpass MU, but could be tough... I also think Baylor very well could beat Tech, TT lost a lot and the game is in Waco.

Should be an exciting year...

Interesting read.

Given that Bo is arguably the best defensive mind in the B12, here is what I see. NU will be better than KU defensively, with Suh being back and our defensive line being the strong point in the defense. KU will be better than NU offensively, specifically in the WR and QB position. I think NU has an advantage in the backfield with Castille and Helu.

Given defense wins championships, I give NU the slight edge. But that's just my 2/100 of a dollar.

Does not matter - NU's kinks will be worked out by then. Even if you beat us you still don't beat us, kansas will always be kansas same as ksu will always be ksu in 208 games against your state NEBRASKA has had 38 off (losses) days.

Ilove differences of opinion, the spice of life, but what an odd take this is. A couple points to address...

1) If we beat you, we beat you. Who won 30 years ago doesn't get added to the score post mortem. It is not like you do not know what is coming up at this point.

2) KSU is a different school. Sorry that confuses you...

3) Combining records against different schools does not help make your point. What happens in Manhattan is not so relevant to what is happening in Lawrence. The same can be said for most states (California, Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, etc) , so does having only one major football prgram somehow cause you math issues?

So now that I have cleared those points up, good luck to you too buddy. Stay classy.

imo what it is going to come down to is if we can harass Reesing as much as we did last year. I have a ton of respect for Reesing, but Kansas pass pro, especially against us, was nothing special last year.

Yeah, that is true. We had 2 rookie tackles last year though.... They are good athletes, just were not very game tested. I am hoping that will improve for us this year. If it does not, we ain't gonna win the title.

I personally would not call this a victory, or pencil in a win. Kansas has come along way, and have a very good coach of their own.

They have Reesing and that is a major difference. He is well coached, athletic and played at a high level for three years.

He will be the main difference in the game, if Suh can disrupt their offense we have a good chance. I honestly think it is great to see Kansas become a power(maybe too much). It makes us look better if we win the game and if a loss it would be expected.

The stronger the conference the stronger Nebraska can be.

I think it all comes down to Nebraska's defense. If it's as good as I think it can be, I expect a sweep in the North. If not, this game could be a war on the shore. I know Mizzou has lost a lot, but I wouldn't count them out, either. They always play us hard, particularly at their place.

Does not matter - NU's kinks will be worked out by then. Even if you beat us you still don't beat us, kansas will always be kansas same as ksu will always be ksu in 208 games against your state NEBRASKA has had 38 off (losses) days.

Ilove differences of opinion, the spice of life, but what an odd take this is. A couple points to address...

1) If we beat you, we beat you. Who won 30 years ago doesn't get added to the score post mortem. It is not like you do not know what is coming up at this point.

2) KSU is a different school. Sorry that confuses you...

3) Combining records against different schools does not help make your point. What happens in Manhattan is not so relevant to what is happening in Lawrence. The same can be said for most states (California, Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, etc) , so does having only one major football prgram somehow cause you math issues?

So now that I have cleared those points up, good luck to you too buddy. Stay classy.

ku & ksu are the same to NEBRASKA - your a speed bump we hit every know and then - For ku football started 3 years ago and they're all pumping there chest. Teams that have no history and tradition will never understand what happens 30 years ago is still relevant to today.