Run in with greatness

So the weekend of April 18th along with five of my buddies we traveled to Chicago for my bachelor party. We took in a couple of Cub/Cardinal games. The Cubs won the two games we went to so it was a good weekend. The topper came on Sunday. We flew out late and just went down to Wrigleyville to hang out for the rest of the day until our flight. It was pouring so we knew the game wasn't gonna happen, but the bars are open early so we chilled. Anyhow, we are sitting at the Houndstooth Saloon when a group of guys come in and sit next to us. I am thinking that a couple of these guys look very familiar, but my pals kept blowing it off. Finally one buddy taps my shoulder and says "he's got a Husker helmet tattoo on his calf." Well this guy notices my Sker hat on and ask why the hat. We told him we were from Lincoln and Omaha, and he'd like "no $h!t, Huskers. Turns out it was Kevin Raemakers. This reaffirmed my earlier thought and asked him if that was Terry Conneally with him. It was, along with Eric and Zach Wiegert and Pat Engleberg. Talk about some icing on the cake. They included us in their table, not to mention bought the drinks, and chatted with us for about four hours. It was sweet listening to their stories and just BS'n with them in general. Raemakers is friggen hilarious and they all still look like they could inflict a lot of damage. Like I said it topped off an awesome bachelor's party.

:bonez:cheers

June 13th is the day. Thankfully she mocks those that get married in the fall for obvious reasons. Again Raemakers is awesome. He's working with teenagers down in Atlanta and puts on camps for football and what not. He goes and I quote "I love working with kids seriously love 'em, but I ain't a f'ing pedphile." Straight out of left field and hilarious as hell.

I asked Conneally about the picture of him celebrating the late sack of Costa and he said it was about the only play he made that game and thinks it's a joke almost that that one play he made is a lasting image for Sker fans.

Wiegert looks like he's down to about 255 or so but still ripped as hell. He just bagged on Terry a lot, and told us the only thing he really remembers about the K State game that year was pretty much cussing Turman out making sure he got the snap and then just hand the ball to LP. Instilling the fear of god in him would do no good he told us cause he had the deer in head lights look the whole game.

Like I said it was great. The odds of them sitting down next to us in one of only about 50 or so bars around Wrigley, crazy.

Also the Tommie Frazier conversations........interesting.

June 13th is the day. Thankfully she mocks those that get married in the fall for obvious reasons. Again Raemakers is awesome. He's working with teenagers down in Atlanta and puts on camps for football and what not. He goes and I quote "I love working with kids seriously love 'em, but I ain't a f'ing pedphile." Straight out of left field and hilarious as hell.

I asked Conneally about the picture of him celebrating the late sack of Costa and he said it was about the only play he made that game and thinks it's a joke almost that that one play he made is a lasting image for Sker fans.

Wiegert looks like he's down to about 255 or so but still ripped as hell. He just bagged on Terry a lot, and told us the only thing he really remembers about the K State game that year was pretty much cussing Turman out making sure he got the snap and then just hand the ball to LP. Instilling the fear of god in him would do no good he told us cause he had the deer in head lights look the whole game.

Like I said it was great. The odds of them sitting down next to us in one of only about 50 or so bars around Wrigley, crazy.

Also the Tommie Frazier conversations........interesting.

I can imagine, wasn't Tommie not really liked by his teammates? I'll tell you what though, given a choice of anyone to play QB for them I bet they still choose Tommie.