Ganz, Daniel, Brennan

we are just gonna have to agree to disagree then.

i like you do not believe that ganz will be a starter in the NFL...ever. however, i still say that to say that he has no chance to make a roster for a couple years (be it 3rd string or practice squad) is laughable. i think him getting in for a tryout after they had already signed daniel really says a lot. it shows that they know they are paying this guy but maybe they didnt get the best guy for the job....

Yeah it is a priveledge just to get a camp invite, but honestly B you can't infer that they were questioning giving Chase a contract just because they invited Joe. First of all, Joe got his non-roster invite within days of Chase getting a contract, and maybe sooner but that is when the story broke. You think that all of the sudden the Redskins got buyer's remorse? The Redskins brought Joe in out of curiosity, why not take a chance?, and to take up some of the throws in the camp. Just like NU was looking for QB's this Spring so they could spread out the throws and not get anyone's arm hurt, Washington has the same issues with a bunch of WR's (non-roster invites, draftees, free agent signings, and current roster players) to deal with until they pare down the roster. Frankly the fact that we haven't heard of Joe actually getting a contract in the couple of weeks since the mini-camp speaks volumes of what Joe's chances are to stick. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get even another non-roster invite to the next camp/practice session.

we are just gonna have to agree to disagree then.

i like you do not believe that ganz will be a starter in the NFL...ever. however, i still say that to say that he has no chance to make a roster for a couple years (be it 3rd string or practice squad) is laughable. i think him getting in for a tryout after they had already signed daniel really says a lot. it shows that they know they are paying this guy but maybe they didnt get the best guy for the job....

Zac Taylor got invited to tryouts but never got signed. Just getting invited doesn't mean anything. Also, Daniel already has a contract, Ganz does not. Brennan is a much better QB at this point than Ganz is so i do'nt see him taking 3rd string away from him.

If Ganz signs on with anyone, it won't be the redskins.

so you guys are saying that a qb has to have great measurables to play in the NFL? thats laughable!

im sorry but if you mold your team around a qb instead of molding your qb around your team you can win with a qb who does not have "elite size".

why do you think NU was so successful throughout the years? a big part of that was the fact that we ran an offense that was not seen every week. the other teams had to practice a different way just to play us.

its the same in the NFL, they practice the same every week. if someone came in and instituted a spread offense on their team and were given time to get the players needed to operate it, teams would have to practice differently that week of the year because they do not see it every week.

the reason that NFL scouts are still going after the horrible college qbs such as freeman is because they are scared of change. im not claiming to be an NFL scout, i think differently than an NFL scout.

give it time and you will see teams running primarily spread offenses in the NFL and they will be putting up BIG numbers fast.

I am not concerned with the actual size of the player as much as I am the arm strength and his ability to make a good decision consistently and deliver the ball in the receiver's pocket. That is what I was referring to.