huskerpedia -BBS forum

i have been at the bbs forum on the huskerpedia forum,,,,but i refuse to pay the $22 to join...why is it that they want money to join that forum,,,when this one is free???

the mods there want you to finance their quarterly trips to vegas and underwrite their stripper/gambling expenses.

*our* moderators know how to live within their means. stripper and gambling expenditures are all carefully considered and planned out a year in advance.

now you know.

i have been at the bbs forum on the huskerpedia forum,,,,but i refuse to pay the $22 to join...why is it that they want money to join that forum,,,when this one is free???

the mods there want you to finance their quarterly trips to vegas and underwrite their stripper/gambling expenses.

*our* moderators know how to live within their means. stripper and gambling expenditures are all carefully considered and planned out a year in advance.

now you know.

thanks all for good anwers....that is sort of why i stick around here...later

Huskerpedia's BBS forum was the first place I went to and I made a screen name and I tried posting a comment to one of the threads and it wouldn't allow me. I got a message saying that some code or something like that would be sent to my e-mail but never got anything. Something like a gold card or a key can't really remember because its been almost 2 years ago. A few days later after not receiving anything in my e-mail I pretty much came to the conclussion that you have to pay to be a member which I think is totally ridiculous.

So I said screw Huskerpedia's BBS forum and I googled any other Husker forums and this was the first one to pop up. I showed up here and it was free so I created an account.

Personally I like the set up on Huskerboard 20x better than Huskerpedia's forum and Huskerboard is nicely laid out and easy to use thanks to all of the Mods/Admins that run this forum :clap

Huskerpedia's BBS forum was the first place I went to and I made a screen name and I tried posting a comment to one of the threads and it wouldn't allow me. I got a message saying that some code or something like that would be sent to my e-mail but never got anything. Something like a gold card or a key can't really remember because its been almost 2 years ago. A few days later after not receiving anything in my e-mail I pretty much came to the conclussion that you have to pay to be a member which I think is totally ridiculous.

So I said screw Huskerpedia's BBS forum and I googled any other Husker forums and this was the first one to pop up. I showed up here and it was free so I created an account.

Personally I like the set up on Huskerboard 20x better than Huskerpedia's forum and Huskerboard is nicely laid out and easy to use thanks to all of the Mods/Admins that run this forum :clap

:clap:clap:yeah:clap:clap:clap

huskerpedia is a ripoff if you ask me. ive been on there before and it is just a bunch of guys/girls making up funny names for callahan or complaining about the star system on rivals......in like every thread, not exaggerating!

stick to huskerboard, better conversation better layout and its free!

now you know.

Ahhh yes the nudie bar fund.. What we really do is get ETR liquored up and borrow his credit card.. :nutz

Its a labor of love for us.. Not a day goes by that I dont remember to do my duties here. It isnt about money with the mods and admins.. We really care for this board and treat it like it is our baby so to speak, but the members are what makes this board great. So I would have to say .. THANK YOU GUYS!

What is wrong with Strippers in Vegas being supported? They are people too!! Besides, we need your money in Nevada - so we can gamble and use strippers too. :sarcasm The economy is really effecting us out here, too.

Seriously though, this is a neat board, well designed and the moderators are fantastic (send my brownie points in ca$h please). What really makes the board though is the fans that participate. Most of the people on here are quite knowledgeable when it comes to football, and willing to throw out their views or what they do know to contribute, and respectful when they don't agree with other posters. Then there are the fans from other teams that drop in - I don't think this board would be the same without them.

I hope this board never goes commercial, it would absolutely ruin it. So don't forget to support it's advertisers and sponsors, and let them know that you saw them on here. :)

What is wrong with Strippers in Vegas being supported? They are people too!! Besides, we need you money in Nevada - so we can gamble and use strippers too.

Talk to Obama - something like "stimulus funds"

Yeah, great idea - nothing like a little stimulating with stimulus funds... :clap

In order to be able to post on their BBS, you have to purchase a PediaCard (which is about $23 per year). A PediaCard is a card that they sell which gets you discounts at a vast array of places nationwide, including some hotels, car rentals, restaurants, golf courses, etc.. If you live near a place or travel enough to use it, it would probably pay for itself pretty quick. I've considered it, but I simply wouldn't use the card and if I was going to pay for any membership, it would be to the Premium board on Rivals. I do enjoy the community they have over there, though.