Will running game click?

Will we be able to impose our will? Watson had some great running games, at CU running OT power and Cotton is an apprentice of the NU classic running attack. With this being the 2nd year together for the new staff, will they be able to impose their will with the running attack? A running attack that was feared by opponents and pushed for over 200 yards a game would go a long way to elevate the program and assist the defense in a return to dominance. Special teams running game and defense would elevate this team to top 25 and a few big play makers in key spots would enable a Big 12 title and a BCS birth. OU and UT are not invincible and I think the Huskers could beat either one with a sound foundation, depth and even get the play action and boot game back to what it was under Osborne, but that was based off the running game being DOMINANT!

Depends on the O-line. We thought Lucky was going to run wild last season, never happened. It is hard to say until we see them against real competition. Judging from the end of the season, I am hoping they will look better than they did at the beginning of the season last year. They should.

Will be keeping an eye on little Ricky Henry specifically. I dont think the run game will be dominating. I do think it will be a balanced attack (run/pass). Wouldnt all of a sudden expect differently. But may see some more bootlegs, draws and scrambles by Lee for good yardage, if that can be an added threat.

I'm hesitant to say that we will be able to impose our will on other teams in terms of the run because of the lack of consistancy that we have seen over the last ohhh...4 years...I think that Cory Ross might have been the last consistant back that we have had. I think helu and Q are great, but they have off and on games all the time...and our line is a big "?" as well....

Hope for the best. With our receiving corp in need of some stars..we will have to lean on that run game a bit more...

GO BIG RED!

OMG!

THREE MORE MONTHS!

I'm hesitant to say that we will be able to impose our will on other teams in terms of the run because of the lack of consistancy that we have seen over the last ohhh...4 years...I think that Cory Ross might have been the last consistant back that we have had. I think helu and Q are great, but they have off and on games all the time...and our line is a big "?" as well....

Hope for the best. With our receiving corp in need of some stars..we will have to lean on that run game a bit more...

GO BIG RED!

OMG!

THREE MORE MONTHS!

i think some of those "off games" were caused by better defenses that the O line couldn't overcome...

if the o line imposes its will then yes, the running can click, and control the game, once u get that push up front the holes open up and yards will be gained, so i think it relies most on the offensive line this year, hopefully they can do what they set out to and push the opposition around

There is a lot that goes into the running game. Last year we had trouble establishing a power running game early because of missed assignments. TE's needed to sure up their blocking big time. I don't think our game plan changes much from last year.

They have had another year to get blocking assignments down, another year in the weight program and I think they will be better.

Helu and Castille will both be better than last year, and hopefully ward and okafor can provide a solid third and fourth option.

In practice our line has had some opportunities to go against a decent defensive line as well, so that can only help.

man, i hate bootlegs... the pictures always fuzzy, the sounds always 10 seconds off, and there's always some dude coughing the whole time. oh, wait a minute <_<

Waaait a minute . . . that plain label Star Trek DVD I just bought from the back of a guy's pick-up truck at the gas station wasn't real?

One of my biggest concerns regarding the running game is the loss of Swift And Petterson at WR. Most fans overlooked how consistent and effective they both had become at blocking on the edges by the end of last season. See the KU and Clemson games for proof.

I'm not convinced that these new WRs won't take a few games to settle into their roles as blockers. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same kind of slow start we saw early last year. Let's hope the returning experience at TE will help that process along.