QB Sean Robinson

Bring him back to the top....

A buddy just told me that NU is pushing hard to get him away from Purdue after losing out on Gabbert. Does anyone know any news on this or is this just a rumor?

I've hear something about that too.

In a perfect world this may be true. But something tells me the ship may have already sailed with this guy. It's unfortunate, but would you want to be a schools "oh sh#t" replacement? Or would you be loyal to the school that committed to you being "the" guy?

A buddy just told me that NU is pushing hard to get him away from Purdue after losing out on Gabbert. Does anyone know any news on this or is this just a rumor?

In a perfect world this may be true. But something tells me the ship may have already sailed with this guy. It's unfortunate, but would you want to be a schools "oh sh#t" replacement? Or would you be loyal to the school that committed to you being "the" guy?

If they told me from the beginning they could only take one QB and someone else committed first, I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

Happens all the time. Me and four other guys interview for one position. The company chooses one of the other guys. 6 months later they call me back saying they have an opening and ask if I’m interested? If it’s a good company and I was treated well the first time around, you betcha.

A lot depends on the kids maturity, but I can see it happening.

I also believe we continued to recruit him as a non QB for a while too, which may help.

If they told me from the beginning they could only take one QB and someone else committed first, I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

Happens all the time. Me and four other guys interview for one position. The company chooses one of the other guys. 6 months later they call me back saying they have an opening and ask if I’m interested? If it’s a good company and I was treated well the first time around, you betcha.

A lot depends on the kids maturity, but I can see it happening.

I also believe we continued to recruit him as a non QB for a while too, which may help.

This is a very good comparison and I think it makes a lot of sense. Like I also said in a pervious post, most IL kids have zero allegience to any colleges, except for ND (they either love them or hate them). There is a chance that he likes Purdue but is not in love with it. Distance doesnt seem to be a factor either but I really cant remember how far Purdue is from where this kid lives.

Santa I would like a 6'5 dual threat QB to join our class. I like 6'5 and not 6 foot. I love the values that the Gabbert farther has passed down to his kids. Note to self, never buy anything from a Gabbert ever.

The bible says "Let your Yes be Yes and your No be No", don't tell a team you are going to be fighting with then if your not 100% sure.

I want to point out that even when Tyler Gabbert was committed I wanted Sean Robinson (& I know other Husker fans felt the same way). Tyler Gabbert's such a ***, we probably wouldve landed Robinson if he hadnt committed. I just hope Robinson still considers us

I want to point out that even when Tyler Gabbert was committed I wanted Sean Robinson (& I know other Husker fans felt the same way). Tyler Gabbert's such a ***, we probably wouldve landed Robinson if he hadnt committed. I just hope Robinson still considers us

Who want's to play second fiddle?

Hopefully the kid has a short memory.

I want to point out that even when Tyler Gabbert was committed I wanted Sean Robinson (& I know other Husker fans felt the same way).

Count me as one of 'em.

Wish we would have sought this guy more ... especially with the Gabbert family ordeal already being a "past situation.

Check out this nice story ... http://www.sj-r.com/prep/x931220122/Roches...mmits-to-Purdue

Nice video on youtube on Sean losing a game 41-40 also ...

Love this guys heart, character and determination.

Kid is a great leader and wants to coach ... heart reminds me of Burkhead when I was following his recruiting.

SheepdogMark

Not trying to be negative here, but I'm not overly impressed with his Rivals video. I like him as a runner, but he has a strange throwing motion that probably would need to be fixed. His motion makes him take extra time winding up before throwing. I don't know if he can get away with that with the speed of the college game. I would put him in the Taylor Martinez category.

But like someone said earlier, he's raw, but he's talented.

This from the Journal Star's blog:

"Husker offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said Thursday that Nebraska will go after another quarterback in this recruiting class in the wake of Tyler Gabbert's decommitment.

'Oh, yeah. Absolutely. We will,' Watson said during a Walk-On Club Luncheon at Lincoln Station. 'We never stopped. We'll recruit another guy. With what the program has been able to do, we have a lot of kids' eyes. It will be interesting. We'll take the right kind of guy, the kind of guy that can fit the direction we're headed. We started working on that. We've got some really good prospects. Obviously, I can't say any names because this is a public gathering. But yes, we will.'"