QB Sean Robinson

Player: Sean Robinson

Hometown: Rochester, IL

Position: QB

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 205 lbs.

40 time: 4.55

Visit Date: 6/05

Scholarships: Air Force, Ball State, Boston College, Central Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisville, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Stanford, Syracuse, Toledo, Vanderbilt, Washington State, Wisconsin

Favorites: Boston College, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisville, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Purdue, Stanford, Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Washington State, Wisconsin

COMMITTED TO PURDUE

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

per Scout: In his standout junior year, Robinson ran for 1,071 yards and passed for 1,523, with 24 total touchdowns.

“I’m definitely a dual-threat quarterback,” Robinson said. “That’s where I’m listed and that’s what I am. The running game is my strong suit. I’m not going to lie: that is what I love to do. But I ‘m also 100 percent confident in my throwing abilities and don’t think twice about that at all.”

per Scout: In his standout junior year, Robinson ran for 1,071 yards and passed for 1,523, with 24 total touchdowns.

“I’m definitely a dual-threat quarterback,” Robinson said. “That’s where I’m listed and that’s what I am. The running game is my strong suit. I’m not going to lie: that is what I love to do. But I ‘m also 100 percent confident in my throwing abilities and don’t think twice about that at all.”

If we have a chance with him, I my have to go down and watch him this fall as I'll be in the area.

Evidently he's an LSU and Bo fan. A friend of the family worked with Bo at LSU. Also, his coach has a good relationship with Watson. Watson went out there and watched the kid in-person some. He's planning on doing an unofficial in the next couple weeks. Sounds like he's pretty interested.

Guy is a great athlete. Has astonishing speed for his size. I wouldnt be surprised to see his stock rise as the season plays out too as he has only played qb for a season. He will improve tremendously IMO.

does this tighten the screws on Gabbert? I have a feeling it will. Wats really liked what he saw from Robinson in person. it's a win win situation if we get either one of these guys. Robinson has a great deal of respect for the coaches (namely HCBP) and one of the deciding factors to where he commits is the coaching staff and the integrity they have.

Hold on tight, the recruiting roller coaster is just starting...

does this tighten the screws on Gabbert? I have a feeling it will. Wats really liked what he saw from Robinson in person. it's a win win situation if we get either one of these guys. Robinson has a great deal of respect for the coaches (namely HCBP) and one of the deciding factors to where he commits is the coaching staff and the integrity they have.

Hold on tight, the recruiting roller coaster is just starting...

It seems that is pretty much what it is. Wats saw film on Robinson and fell in love. His interest in genuine and so is Robinson's.

However, it also pretty much tells Gabbert to crap or get off the pot, so to speak.

Here's a video of him I found on MaxPreps:

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/maxprepst...bd-e146e21496d1

He looks fast, not much footage of him throwing the ball though.

Holy chit - yes, he does look fast! I think I'd take still take Gabbert at the QB spot, and get this Robinson kid in as an ATH, with an opportunity to try as a QB. If he can win a spot as a QB, then even better.

I was on the Gabbert bandwagon, but I have switched. This kid has a much bigger upside than little Gabbert IMO. I think I wanted Gabbert mainly to piss off Mizzou.

Haha, I wish we could see more of Robinson passing, Gabbert looks like a pretty polished passer, I think Dallas Loyd has them topped overall though

I was on the Gabbert bandwagon, but I have switched. This kid has a much bigger upside than little Gabbert IMO. I think I wanted Gabbert mainly to piss off Mizzou.

Haha, I wish we could see more of Robinson passing, Gabbert looks like a pretty polished passer, I think Dallas Loyd has them topped overall though

That is the thing on Robinson, last year was his first at QB. His upside is huge, but he is really raw. I would love to take 2 QB's, but the scholly crunch all but prevents that.

ESPN Evaluation

This kid is a really impressive and intriguing prospect and at first glance it would be easy to assume he is your big, prototypical pocket passer. However, Robinson is anything but that. Yes, he has terrific size and bulk and still has more room to fill out his frame, but this is an athletic spread offense quarterback that is possesses a big arm and unique athleticism to improvise and create plays with his legs. This is a player at this stage that is at his best as a runner and supplements his creative style with just enough prowess and upside in the passing game to be a dangerous dual-threat. Is well versed in the zone read out of the shotgun. Is a tough, physical runner that not only possesses very good speed for the position given his size, but shows deceptive elusiveness and change-of-direction skills. He is capable of making you miss in the open field, but also running right through would be tacklers, lowering his shoulder and fighting for extra yards. He is a very competitive player that displays some playmaking ability and leadership. He is easy to be impressed with because he takes command of the offense and seems to want the ball in his hands in critical situations. As a passer, Robinson possesses quality arm strength and the size to see the field and develop as a passer from within the pocket. He seems most comfortable at this time working out of the shotgun, improvising and throwing when on the move. Rolls to his right and left and generates good power when he squares his shoulders and transfers his weight attacking his target. Also has enough zip and arm strength to throw when off balance as well as across his body when on the move and looking to create a second passing chance. However, Robinson due to being counted on to make plays with his legs probably has developed as a fast as a true passer and he could be a very good one in time. He must continue to work on developing timing and setting his feet consistently. Looks to run too early at times. Delivery mechanics can be a bit deliberate and he will cup the ball with his palm some and wind-up just a bit. Could stand to tighten up his delivery and become a more efficient player with his release. Robinson due to his size and style is a Tim Tebow-like prospect in terms of physical prowess and playmaking ability and has a high ceiling for development in our opinion.

Per HI:

It was 'one of a kind'

by Rick Shaw

Rochester (Ill.) quarterback Sean Robinson was in Lincoln on Friday touring the University of Nebraska campus. Though he learned, while on his visit, that Ballwin (Mo.) Parkway West signal caller Tyler Gabbert had delivered a pledge to the ‘Big Red’ staff, Robinson was not dissuaded. He said that the Huskers still rank high on his list.

Per HI:

It was 'one of a kind'

by Rick Shaw

Rochester (Ill.) quarterback Sean Robinson was in Lincoln on Friday touring the University of Nebraska campus. Though he learned, while on his visit, that Ballwin (Mo.) Parkway West signal caller Tyler Gabbert had delivered a pledge to the ‘Big Red’ staff, Robinson was not dissuaded. He said that the Huskers still rank high on his list.

Thats pretty sweet and thanks for the info. Sounds like this kid isn't afraid of anything and might have something to prove.

I'd be interested to know what they're telling him now. I would think he's now being recruited as an athlete/qb like Taylor Martinez. Give him a shot at qb, if he makes it great, if he doesn't we'll find another spot for him.

I'd be interested to know what they're telling him now. I would think he's now being recruited as an athlete/qb like Taylor Martinez. Give him a shot at qb, if he makes it great, if he doesn't we'll find another spot for him.

I agree. With Robinson's size and speed he could probably play a number of spots.

I agree. With Robinson's size and speed he could probably play a number of spots.

put a few pounds on him and he could be a great TE prospect if QB didnt work out

put a few pounds on him and he could be a great TE prospect if QB didnt work out

That would make about 20 TE's that could play in almost any program!!!! Thus the secret to the turn around plan is revealed at last! There is no way any single defense could cover that many TE's at once!......wait a minute <_<

from LJS:

Would NU take 2 QBs?

Some interesting comments from Sean Robinson, the quarterback out of Rochester, Ill., who visited the campus in the days that followed the commitment of Tyler Gabbert.

Robinson told Scout.com that despite Gabbert's commitment, NU is "definitely still in the picture, that commitment doesn't change anything at all. Competition doesn't bother me at all."

It might seem unusual for a program to take two quarterbacks in one recruiting class, especially after picking up Cody Green in the last recruiting cycle. But if you really like two guys, who knows.

Asked by Scout if Husker coaches talked to him about being open to playing another position, Robinson said: "They haven't really mentioned it to me, but I think they know I would play another position. I'm really a QB at heart, but I'd be open to playing another position. I'll call them back in a few weeks and see then."

The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Robinson is rated a three-star player by Rivals.com and Scout. But analysts seem to think he has a high ceiling for development. Definitely an interesting prospect with a lot of parties interested in his abilities.

per Rivals: Sean Robinson will camp at Notre Dame later this month with a chance to land a scholarship offer. The Midwest quarterback is a bit surprised the Irish have come back his way, but he's ready to impress.

per Rivals: Sean Robinson will camp at Notre Dame later this month with a chance to land a scholarship offer. The Midwest quarterback is a bit surprised the Irish have come back his way, but he's ready to impress.

I think this is a part of the Montana commitment domino effect. ND is fighting Ohio State for Hendrix and if ND loses on that, I think they put full court press on Robinson.

Rochester (Ill.) three star ranked dual threat quarterback prospect Sean Robinson (6-foot-5, 205 pounds) decided to make a quiet, unannounced unofficial visit to the University of Illinois on Tuesday morning.

Rochester (Ill.) three star ranked dual threat quarterback prospect Sean Robinson (6-foot-5, 205 pounds) decided to make a quiet, unannounced unofficial visit to the University of Illinois on Tuesday morning.

Interesting.. Heard rumors that ND was interested.. :dunno

Interesting.. Heard rumors that ND was interested.. :dunno

oh they are...He's camping there later this month.

Interesting. Another teyam that has another good young QB. I wonder if he wants to play QB?

I don't think that's much of a big deal, honestly. It's a short drive. I think he would do well in Illinois' system, though. I'd love to see him in Blue and Orange, considering the Illini have always been #2 in my heart behind the Huskers. Kind of like last year, we figured we'd get Green or Scheelhase (sp?). Whichever we didn't get, I wanted to go to the Illini, and that ended up happening.

We are still in this

JUNE 21, 2009. PREP STAR

SEAN ROBINSON, QB, 6-5, 205, 4.6, ROCHESTER, ILLINOIS

“I haven’t narrowed it down. All the smaller schools I’ve kind of weeded thru, but the Big 12, Big 10 all those schools are still in it.” Robinson said

Nebraska’s Offer Still OnThe Table

“Nebraska is still in it,” says Robinson, “They are still recruiting me. I was there the other day when that kid (Gabbert) got in there. So I sat down with Bo that day and talked about it and my offer is still on the table.” Robinson said

“Nebraska is still recruiting me as a quarterback. We talked about it (other positions), but my offer as a quarterback is where it stands. Coach Sean Watson is my recruiter I talk to him quite a bit.” Robinson said

“Nebraska is the real deal,” Robinson said, “It’s a football state, they love it up there. I like the coaches, facilities and the stadium is unbelievable. It’s really a cool place.”

Northwestern Staff Loyal

“I like Northwestern their coaching staff is awesome. All the coaches are loyal people and they are right there for the right reasons. I really liked it up there a lot.” Robinson said

“Northwestern has offered me as a wide receiver. That’s why I’m going to throw up there soon to see if they like me as a quarterback. I would love to play quarterback but I’m looking to play college football where ever that is.” Robinson added

“I like Purdue,” says Robinson, “Coach Nord the new offensive coordinator sat down with me and I liked him a lot. I learned a lot of good stuff from him. Purdue has good tradition and they play some good football. Their facilities are pretty good everything is big. It was nice.”

High Marks For Iowa

“Iowa is also nice. The stadium is awesome it holds about 80 thousand. It’s a pretty cool place. The weight room is nice. I know they have Coach Doyle (strength and conditioning) up there. Coach Ferentz is a great coach too he’s up there with Joe Paterno and soon to be one and he’s a real cool guy, it’s about good as it gets”.

“I don’t have an offer from Notre Dame,” says Robinson, “I’m going June 27 for a 7 on 7 camp. They want to see me throw before they offer. They (Notre Dame) have a quarterback commit but they want to take another one. We’ll see what happens.”

Notre Dame Might Offer

“I do like Notre Dame. I’ve been up there every year since my freshman year. I played in their stadium my sophomore year for the 7 on 7 championship game. I was a wide receiver then.” Robinson said

“If Notre Dame offered me they would be up there with the upper group. I really don’t have any standout leaders. I don’t know the coaching staff at Notre Dame that well. It would take time to get to know them.” Robinson

“I’m not sure when I will commit,” Robinson said, “I would like to get it done before the football season. I don’t know if I will take any officials.”

“I want to go to school where I feel comfortable with and a good fit for me and my family. My family doesn’t care where I go but they do have their say.” Robinson said

PLEASE CHECK OUT THESE LINKS!

The first big school that offers him as a QB, will get his sig on the dotted line. IMO

ESPN says he has Tim Tebow play making abilities, but you have to be able to get into the a game to show and work on that kind of talent. Remember Tebow was being groomed for that spot, Nebraska has 4 QB's with the commitment of Gabbert, already trying to be starters. It seems pretty crowded back there already, if Spano is getting ready for fall practice as has been reported. I know you can never have enough good players at QB or any other position, but I think we are loaded up at QB.

Robinson sound like a very good athlete, and could play different positions if he wanted to, but he sounds like his hearts at QB.

GBR!!!

The first big school that offers him as a QB, will get his sig on the dotted line. IMO

ESPN says he has Tim Tebow play making abilities, but you have to be able to get into the a game to show and work on that kind of talent. Remember Tebow was being groomed for that spot, Nebraska has 4 QB's with the commitment of Gabbert, already trying to be starters. It seems pretty crowded back there already, if Spano is getting ready for fall practice as has been reported. I know you can never have enough good players at QB or any other position, but I think we are loaded up at QB.

Robinson sound like a very good athlete, and could play different positions if he wanted to, but he sounds like his hearts at QB.

GBR!!!

I think we still have a chance. If Lee performs, which I think he will, he will be starting for 2010. After that year we are going to lose both Lee and Washington. That leaves us Spano, Green, and Gabbert . If one of them leave because they did not get the starting position we only have 2 QBs.

(I don't think QB is the position for Martinez and he will probably make his way to another position).

What's the deal, Gabbert was supposed to be our only.

Said who?

Well Gabbert was quoted in the OWH, and LJS I think, that he was told by NU's staff he was the #1 target at QB and only QB they would take this year. This was right after he commited a few weeks ago. Funny thing is that in stories about Robinson that came out at the same time since he visited the day after Gabbert, Robinson said the coaches told him about Gabbert commiting and the overall situation yet his offer is still on the table. I am not sure exactly what is going on, but this could very well be like the Martinez situation. Promise the kid a shot at QB with another primary position in mind if Robinson doesn't work out there.

Said who?

Well Gabbert was quoted in the OWH, and LJS I think, that he was told by NU's staff he was the #1 target at QB and only QB they would take this year. This was right after he commited a few weeks ago. Funny thing is that in stories about Robinson that came out at the same time since he visited the day after Gabbert, Robinson said the coaches told him about Gabbert commiting and the overall situation yet his offer is still on the table. I am not sure exactly what is going on, but this could very well be like the Martinez situation. Promise the kid a shot at QB with another primary position in mind if Robinson doesn't work out there.

I don't think that any of the Nebraska coaches would tell a recruit that he's the only one at his position that they're recruiting. Because, if that recruit changes his mind at the last minute it literally screws the school. I mean, I could be wrong though.

As a completely separate issue: How much you want to bet that if Robinson commits to the Huskers he stays at 3 stars...but if he commits to Notre Dame he'll get bumped to 4 stars?

:blink:

Said who?

I don't think that any of the Nebraska coaches would tell a recruit that he's the only one at his position that they're recruiting. Because, if that recruit changes his mind at the last minute it literally screws the school. I mean, I could be wrong though.

As a completely separate issue: How much you want to bet that if Robinson commits to the Huskers he stays at 3 stars...but if he commits to Notre Dame he'll get bumped to 4 stars?

:blink:

That wouldnt be the first time would it! Who are the star bmumpers? ND, UF, UT, USC, OU.

Robinson will go where he can start as QB. If he came here, he would backup Gabbert. He's probably banking on getting an offer from Notre Dame later on this month when he camps there.

Sucks for him. You know they probably won't offer now... they seem to get one Golden Boy for QB every year and stop there. As it stands RIGHT NOW, I see it coming down to either us (as a QB/ATH, like Martinez) or home state Illinois... but it's just a guess- I'm in no way in the know.

Sucks for him. You know they probably won't offer now... they seem to get one Golden Boy for QB every year and stop there. As it stands RIGHT NOW, I see it coming down to either us (as a QB/ATH, like Martinez) or home state Illinois... but it's just a guess- I'm in no way in the know.

Hmm, looks like Illinois has one QB verbal already though I don't know anything about him. Not sure if Nebraska might not be Robinson's best opportunity (compete at QB and switch if beaten out) as the QB spots are starting run out.

Illinois' Rivals sight has 4 QB's listed as already on the roster... for some reason, ESPN's (for me) only listed one, with no sign of Juice Williams. Weird. Anyway, that makes 5 QB's already (1 recruit). We currently have 5 too (6 if you count Martinez). Seems like competition would be about the same. Starters for both schools are juniors. Just depends on where he wants to go... but I would definitely love to see him come here, with his body and athleticism. I agree that we might be his best fit.

Weis has made it clear he wants two QBs for the 2010 class. very good chance they offer Robinson

I cannot stand front butt!!! I still do not understand why kids continue to sign there. He has done nothing for that school. He brings in Clauson who predicted they would win 4 NCs and they have not had a successful season since he has been there.

Don't make a mistake Robinson....choose the Huskers and be part of something special.