Recruiting Dream Team

Hello,

I'm new to the board, but have been a lurker for some time. I really like the input ya'll give here on recruits and was curious if ya'll could give some insight on a debate me and my friends always have? We call it our recruiting dream where we go down the list of prospects and see which one's we like the most and which one's are the most likely to commit.

Here's my list

QB

1st Choice: Dallas LLoyd- the kid reminds me a lot of OSU's Zac Robinson, nice arm and mobile.

2nd Choice: Sean Robinson- very strong and mobile, but looks to have an awkward throwing motion

Likely Commit: Sean Robinson

RB

1st James McConico- strong slashing runner that can run in between the tackles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf38wcF51FA

2nd Choice: Deontae Cooper-Can do everything.

Not really a fan of Lache, he is a nice compliment back but needs a power back like Lendale White and Bush

WR

1. Kyle Prater-can catch anything from here to Jupiter.

2. Chris Hawkins-fast and physical. http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-f...hlights-1-49088

3. O.J. Ross- Can an improvise a play.

4.Keeston Terry- Extremely Fluid for a bigger guy, if he can improve his explosion a real gem.

OL

1. Nick Demien- Just mean, great feet

2. Andrew Rodriguez

3. Mike Moudy- Maintains blocks extremely well, good feet movement

4. Dillon Bonnell- Great feet if he can add strength can be dominate

DE

1. Owamagbe Odighizuwa-"OO" Could power the world with this kids motor.

2. Jackson Jeffcoat- Seems extremely fluid and polished, but yet extremely physical.

3. Ronald Powell- Based on his ESPN info seems legit.

DT

1. J.R. Ferguson- He screams DT to me, and believe he could be a good one.

2. Jay Guy- Kid is mean.

2. Elliot Porter- Haven't seen video but stats don't lie. He has found a way to be productive.

LB

1. Jeff Luc- devastating tackler, with adequate cover skills.

2. Josh Shirley- Adds some depth to SAM, a playmaker at LB that could put his hand down on passing situations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prxMsemmsFc

CB

1. Joshua Shaw-physical tackler and great coverage skills.

2. Tony Hurd- feisty player.

DB

1. Dion Bailey- amazing cover skills, needs to learn to hit though.

2. Marquis Flowers- A hard hitting safety with great athleticism.

I know that was pretty long but as you can tell my friends and I really have to have our facts when we go at it, but let me know what ya'll think.

Regards

Not bad, I really like Lloyd also at QB. Question though, you would take Robinson over Gabbert?

I personally believe that if things start clicking with Cody Green and Gabbert were to commit he may never see the field. Gabbert has wits and could potentially excel in the short and intermediate passing game, but is not a game changer in my opinion. While it appears Robinson has an awkward throwing motion, if his passing game breaks down he could easily rely on his feet (look at how far that got Tebow). I think Robinson could potentially push Green more, if not take over, if he were to sign. Bottom line I think he has more potential than Gabbert, whether that potentially is reached with him playing QB or something else remains to be seen.

Not bad, I really like Lloyd also at QB. Question though, you would take Robinson over Gabbert?

I personally believe that if things start clicking with Cody Green and Gabbert were to commit he may never see the field. Gabbert has wits and could potentially excel in the short and intermediate passing game, but is not a game changer in my opinion. While it appears Robinson has an awkward throwing motion, if his passing game breaks down he could easily rely on his feet (look at how far that got Tebow). I think Robinson could potentially push Green more, if not take over, if he were to sign. Bottom line I think he has more potential than Gabbert, whether that potentially is reached with him playing QB or something else remains to be seen.

Ok I get that, it seems that the running perception is that Gabbert is close to his max potential where as Robinson obviously is not. I wonder if they could get Lloyd and Robinson (bring him in as an athlete), after all Robinson was a WR until last year. Would be similar to the Martinez situation, allow him to compete at QB them let him move if it doesn't work out.

Honestly, I'm actually surprised someone likes Lloyd too. I thought people were just going to follow the stars. The kid has undeniable grit, athleticism, and a good arm. When I watched his tape for the first time I thought this kid operates extremely well without the aid a good oline (in the last half of his highlights he was getting hit every single play, and still performing). I was curious why he doesn't have more stars your thoughts?

Regards

Honestly, I'm actually surprised someone likes Lloyd too. I thought people were just going to follow the stars. The kid has undeniable grit, athleticism, and a good arm. When I watched his tape for the first time I thought this kid operates extremely well without the aid a good oline (in the last half of his highlights he was getting hit every single play, and still performing). I was curious why he doesn't have more stars your thoughts?

Regards

Well he is a 3 star on Rivals and a 4 star on Scout, but I think from what I saw, though I am the farthest thing from an expert, he will be a 4 star across the board when all evaluations are done. I am sure that his evaluation hasn't been relooked yet hence no change in the stars. A lot of players are in this boat. I like his mobility, quickness, and toughness (not afraid of contact) when running. He also shows a pretty good arm, I thought it looked strong and accurate, seems to throw well on the move, and wasn't afraid to throw despite knowing the hit was coming (I saw this several times in the video). If the 4.55 is accurate, I think he would be a great pick up. I am wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything of what the NU staffers think or if he has camped or will camp this summer?

Hello,

I'm new to the board, but have been a lurker for some time. I really like the input ya'll give here on recruits and was curious if ya'll could give some insight on a debate me and my friends always have? We call it our recruiting dream where we go down the list of prospects and see which one's we like the most and which one's are the most likely to commit.

Here's my list

QB

1st Choice: Dallas LLoyd- the kid reminds me a lot of OSU's Zac Robinson, nice arm and mobile.

2nd Choice: Sean Robinson- very strong and mobile, but looks to have an awkward throwing motion

RB

1st James McConico- strong slashing runner that can run in between the tackles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf38wcF51FA

Not really a fan of Lache, he is a nice compliment back but needs a power back like Lendale White and Bush

WR

2. Chris Hawkins-fast and physical. http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-f...hlights-1-49088

4.Keeston Terry- Extremely Fluid for a bigger guy, if he can improve his explosion a real gem.

OL

2. Andrew Rodriguez

DE

2. Jackson Jeffcoat- Seems extremely fluid and polished, but yet extremely physical.

DT

2. Jay Guy- Kid is mean.

2. Elliot Porter- Haven't seen video but stats don't lie. He has found a way to be productive.

LB

2. Josh Shirley- Adds some depth to SAM, a playmaker at LB that could put his hand down on passing situations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prxMsemmsFc

CB

DB

I know that was pretty long but as you can tell my friends and I really have to have our facts when we go at it, but let me know what ya'll think.

Regards

Well we've already nabbed WR Terry OL Rodriguez and Moudy so there's three of the guys you've mentioned. Plus we have a verbal from CB Sloan so there's 4 in total.

The '10 class, from everything I've heard, will be kinda small, around 15-17 players so figuring 16, minus the four already committed = 12.

Jeff Luc...I think we have about a .0005% chance at signing him. More than likely he'll stay close to home and sign with a Florida school, or at the least stay in the south.

Jackson Jeffcoat...from what I've read the Huskers have even less of a shot with him than Luc.

Deontae Cooper...Looks like a very good kid from the west coast, I think our chances with him are slightly better than with Luc and Jeffcoat-but that ain't saying much.

The others you've mentioned... :dunno

Hello,

Here's my list

QB

RB

WR

OL

2. Andrew Rodriguez

DE

DT

2. Jay Guy- Kid is mean.

LB

CB

DB

Regards

Well we've already nabbed WR Terry OL Rodriguez and Moudy so there's three of the guys you've mentioned. Plus we have a verbal from CB Sloan so there's 4 in total.

The '10 class, from everything I've heard, will be kinda small, around 15-17 players so figuring 16, minus the four already committed = 12.

Jeff Luc...I think we have about a .0005% chance at signing him. More than likely he'll stay close to home and sign with a Florida school, or at the least stay in the south.

Jackson Jeffcoat...from what I've read the Huskers have even less of a shot with him than Luc.

Deontae Cooper...Looks like a very good kid from the west coast, I think our chances with him are slightly better than with Luc and Jeffcoat-but that ain't saying much.

Yea I know we have very little chance with a lot of these guys, but this was just a "dream team. <_< " Just guys I thought are amazing prospects, and you are right we nabbed some so I guess me and Bo are thinking alike :clap

Hello,

Here's my list

QB

RB

WR

OL

2. Andrew Rodriguez

DE

DT

2. Jay Guy- Kid is mean.

LB

CB

DB

Regards

my dream team?

jen and i.

by the way jen, i am a fun guy that likes to hAve a good time and i really enjoy long walks on the beach. my dream girl is someone that knows husker football like you! :hellloooo

We all here at THE BOARD have our dream team recruits. Alas for the majority of these players it is that, a dream, until those wins continue to pile up(which I believe will happen with Bo). All the players you listed would be stellar big time contributors to DONU and would be a hell of a sweet dream to wake up to in February.

Mine include Jordan James out of Cali at RB. GREAT speed and a better than average chance at landing him.

Uko at DT would be sweet but no chance in Hades, as well as Hayes Pullard as the only LB we take again no chance.

At DE it's Eric Martin's high school teammate Ronald Powell and Odighizuwa just for the sake of trying to say that.

WR Darius White nuf said.

I am a glass half full kind of guy, but if we land even one of these guys I will run butt ass naked to the Stadium from my place(about 50 blocks) cause it aint gonna happen, but we can dream like the thread says.

Regards

Well he is a 3 star on Rivals and a 4 star on Scout, but I think from what I saw, though I am the farthest thing from an expert, he will be a 4 star across the board when all evaluations are done. I am sure that his evaluation hasn't been relooked yet hence no change in the stars. A lot of players are in this boat. I like his mobility, quickness, and toughness (not afraid of contact) when running. He also shows a pretty good arm, I thought it looked strong and accurate, seems to throw well on the move, and wasn't afraid to throw despite knowing the hit was coming (I saw this several times in the video). If the 4.55 is accurate, I think he would be a great pick up. I am wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything of what the NU staffers think or if he has camped or will camp this summer?

Rivals seems to be reporting that Lloyd will visit and will decide before the start of his senior season. Visit bodes really well for us. But the question is, out of the big three, Lloyd, Robinson, and Gabbert, which one do you guys want the most. Gabbert's been long rumored to be close to commiting, but the other two are bigger, more physical, more developed. Gabbert seems to find a way to win, regardless of his stature... kinda like a Joe Ganz? We'll see what happens.

Rivals seems to be reporting that Lloyd will visit and will decide before the start of his senior season. Visit bodes really well for us. But the question is, out of the big three, Lloyd, Robinson, and Gabbert, which one do you guys want the most. Gabbert's been long rumored to be close to commiting, but the other two are bigger, more physical, more developed. Gabbert seems to find a way to win, regardless of his stature... kinda like a Joe Ganz? We'll see what happens.

Personally, I'd like us to sign the younger Gabbert...if for no other reason than to give his older brother the proverbial middle finger.

:LOLtartar