Would VaTech win be "signature" win for Bo?

Depends on where they are ranked at the time. If they get blown out by Alabama and barely beat Marshall, they may be ranked lower than us when we go in there. If the perception is that VA Tech is a "weak" team (and I doubt this, I'm just saying) when we head in there, it won't mean much if we win.

If they beat 'Bama and Marshall, and we win, it's definitely Bo's signature win.... until he beats Oklahoma for the first time. ;)

A win at VT would be big for the program no matter what, but it would be absolutely huge if VT beats Bama. Then VT will be ranked in the 5-7 range, and a win against a top ten team on the road would be monumental. We almost did it last year against Texas Tech. The last time we actually did it was 9.20.97 (27-14 at Washington).

So not only will a win be the biggest of Bo's short career, it will probably be the biggest since 2001 OU. It'll boost us into the top 15 or so, and at that point, anything is possible.

090408_garnett.jpg

What Bo needs is another solid season, not a singular win. If Bo can put together a season that is identical to last year's, plus a win or two and close the gap in terms of margin of defeat, he will be doing his job. A signature is something that is left when you are gone. T.O.'s signature was not just the three NCs at the end of his reign, but, more over, a long string of solid seasons, and a reputation as an annual national contender. What would a VT win mean if the 2010 season ends with a mark of 5-6? Answer. Not a thing.

Wow 97 was our last win against a top ten program on the road. OU at home in 2001, followed by the Colorado debacle, is it a wonder why we get no respect from the media. I really did not realize that it had been that long.

I knew it was bad, but not that bad.

What Bo needs is another solid season, not a singular win. If Bo can put together a season that is identical to last year's, plus a win or two and close the gap in terms of margin of defeat, he will be doing his job. A signature is something that is left when you are gone. T.O.'s signature was not just the three NCs at the end of his reign, but, more over, a long string of solid seasons, and a reputation as an annual national contender. What would a VT win mean if the 2010 season ends with a mark of 5-6? Answer. Not a thing.

Good points, so more or less it would be a "greeting's" win.

One that says "hello college football, my name is Bo Pelini, I love defense and defense loves me. My team went through some hard times over the last few years due to an experiment by some douche bag who passed himself off as a football coach. But don't worry, were back. My team is hard as nails and plays every snap as if it was their last. We run sideline to sideline, wreaking havoc and smashing whatever piece of garbage is in our way. We run to win, pass to look good, and tackle to ensure greatness. If you like winning, get use to losing. And if you don't like losing, then don't play us. Every time we play its for all the marbles, so if you plan on talking, go ahead and talk your sh@t now, because come game time, we're lacing it up and beating your ass. "