Game Do-over

Did Missouri really start playing bad at the end of the year or did they play better teams? :dunno They lost to OSU, Texas, OU and KU. I guess they did struggle against Baylor but we struggled against CU a team that Mizzou beat 58-0. OSU, Texas, and OU were 3 of the better teams in the Nation last year and Mizzou always lays a turd against KU (yet they were still 27 seconds away from winning that as well). There is no denying that the game would have been closer, but they killed us at our place, it’s not like it was a close game that their talent put them over the top. They flat out took us to the woodshed. It was a 35 point difference, which is a pretty large number to overcome.

Va Tech on the other hand is a game we should have won and if we would have played it over or rewound the start of it that one may end up differently. Stupid interceptions, penalties and fumbles cost us that game. :bang

With how Missouri played against Oklahoma State and subsequently other games it just seemed that once they beat Nebraska in Lincoln it was like that was the only goal that season.

That, combined with their performance in the bowl game against Northwestern gave me the impression that as team Missouri tanked.

Because let's be honest here, if Missouri, especially on offense, would have been focused like they were against Nebraska, they would've beaten Northwestern by 50+ points.

JMO.

Except for bowls with National Championship implications, I would discount bowl performances. Some coaches treat them as must-win games with the benefit of mucho preparation, while others treat the bowl experience as a reward to the players for a season well-played. IMHO, the second approach often leads to uncharacteristic loses from unprepared or under-prepared teams.

I think Chase Daniel made the comment after their first loss to Oklahoma that their season was in the toilet. Their goals could not be met.

So I wouldn't want any part of a play over with any team out there. We got beat fair and square each and every time.

VaTech went on to get stronger, Texas Tech was a combination of us playing real well and them not so much. Bad day vs good day. If we would have faced the team that showed up for Texas, not so good.

Oklahoma and Stoops has their number.

I am more concerned how we played against Colorado as to whether we would have beaten any of the quality teams on a replay.

Quit living in the past, it is over, take the lessons and move forward. Yesterday means nothing.

Tough call.

I'll say TTech, that should've been a W dammit. Hopefully we'd have a different set of refs.

Mizzou would be a close second. Ya we had a horrid start against OU but they'd have still won by a fair amount in a rematch. The Mizzou game would have been way closer if we played at the end of the year.

How do you feel that the refs cost us the Virginia Tech game?

Fixed your post for you.

I'd like to have a "do over" for the Missouri game. Make it late in the season because Nebraska progressed and became better whereas Missouri started to tank.

No, it was right the first time, since the original poster said "I'll say TTech... Hopefully we'd have a different set of refs."

I think Chase Daniel made the comment after their first loss to Oklahoma that their season was in the toilet. Their goals could not be met.

So I wouldn't want any part of a play over with any team out there. We got beat fair and square each and every time.

VaTech went on to get stronger, Texas Tech was a combination of us playing real well and them not so much. Bad day vs good day. If we would have faced the team that showed up for Texas, not so good.

I am more concerned how we played against Colorado as to whether we would have beaten any of the quality teams on a replay.

Quit living in the past, it is over, take the lessons and move forward. Yesterday means nothing.

Thank you for keeping us in reality Bob with your posts

While it is nice to think what shoulda, coulda, or woulda happened it is all in the past as a lesson learned. now lets just hope that the players that are in a leadership role on the team learned something from those lessons and push the younger players into becoming better and better each week.

my opinion is that is something that needs to develop back to what NU had in the 90's

I'll have to go back and re-watch the VT game because I never came away with the impression that it was a "should have" win. In my distant memory, the score was closer than how I remember the game going. I know there was the chance they could have pulled it off towards the end, but it was sort of "desperation" time.

Maybe I have a skewed memory.

Nobody said should...we said could. Yeah we had a lot of mental errors in that game, but Virginia Tech really didn't impress any of us and we had a chance to win that game even with how we played.

Edit: I guess I should have read the other posts...Newearthhusker said we should have won. I still believe we could have won that game if we didn't make so many mistakes, but that is why they play the game I guess.

Relax...Carl said this was just for kicks and that's all it is.

Tough call.

I'll say TTech, that should've been a W dammit. Hopefully we'd have a different set of refs.

Mizzou would be a close second. Ya we had a horrid start against OU but they'd have still won by a fair amount in a rematch. The Mizzou game would have been way closer if we played at the end of the year.

How do you feel that the refs cost us the Texas Tech game?

I wouldn't necessarily say they cost us the game but they did hurt us.

1. Missed an obvious facemask on our first offensive series. We should've gotten 15yds and a first down, which should've gotten us at least a fieldgoal that series.

2. On the play before Ganz's pick Swift got interfered with. We shoud've gotten a first down there. Who knows what happens next if we get that first-down.

3. Our O-line holds but TTech's never does? Gimmie a break.

Not to be a conspiracy-theorist but I think Bo's tantrums had us on the officiating crap-list for a while. Glad he got that straightened-out.

Tough call.

How do you feel that the refs cost us the Texas Tech game?

I wouldn't necessarily say they cost us the game but they did hurt us.

1. Missed an obvious facemask on our first offensive series. We should've gotten 15yds and a first down, which should've gotten us at least a fieldgoal that series.

2. On the play before Ganz's pick Swift got interfered with. We shoud've gotten a first down there. Who knows what happens next if we get that first-down.

3. Our O-line holds but TTech's never does? Gimmie a break.

Not to be a conspiracy-theorist but I think Bo's tantrums had us on the officiating crap-list for a while. Glad he got that straightened-out.

who did he appoint to do the bitching? was it ek or sanders?

Relax...Carl said this was just for kicks and that's all it is.

Exactly