Don't Sleep on the Sun Belt

I just cant see this staff letting the players go that far into a sleep walk mode that would allow the sun belt teams to win. The last staff sure, we saw it repeatedly.

As to the speed question, FAU might have a few players that are really fast. But, not the whole team. The talent level is lower. NU still suffers a bit from that "Northern Slow Team" stigma. If speed wasnt an issue VS Clemson, it wont be vs any sun belt team.

Oh but it was an issue, and clearly Nebraska was WAY slower than Clemson cuz them thar telebox annunsers sad so... :dumdum

Back to the thread: If FAU wants to keep it close then they need to not turn the ball over and bring their A++++ game on every snap and hope that Nebraska loses 5-6 turnovers and sleep walks through the game.

No disrespect intended to the one or two Owls fans who are lurking on this board, but you guys are looking at an almost certain loss.

I concur with Jen here. We should and will win this game going away. If it's close, hey, it happens. We were a much better team than Colorado last year and had to get a superhuman kick to win the game at the end. ANYTHING can happen (Iowa State 92'... cough cough). Will it? Hell to the NO! We should win this going away by at least 24 pts.

Meaning their kids have most likely lived this game since they knew it was on the schedule.

They know our tendencies, our normal routine, who rotates in when, and where. If some one is injured who should replace him. This is their major game of the year. A chance to become known.

Our kids will be looking at it as more of a warm up for conference.

I certainly could be wrong on this, just my thoughts.

But how is that different than any other warm up game any other year? Don't recall losing any of those either, not to teams of the quality we're talking about here anyways.

If the worst team we fielded in 50 years led by the worst coaching staff likely in the history of the program could at least pull out wins against Ball State and at Wake Forest (who was much better than any of these sunbelt teams) I seriously doubt this team and this staff will do worse.

If the worst team we fielded in 50 years led by the worst coaching staff likely in the history of the program could at least pull out wins against Ball State and at Wake Forest (who was much better than any of these sunbelt teams) I seriously doubt this team and this staff will do worse.

:clap

Hey mister...you need to take your logic, common sense and reason somewhere else because such ridiculous notions have no place in a discussion on an internet message board.

:dumdum

Oh but it was an issue, and clearly Nebraska was WAY slower than Clemson cuz them thar telebox annunsers sad so... :dumdum

Back to the thread: If FAU wants to keep it close then they need to not turn the ball over and bring their A++++ game on every snap and hope that Nebraska loses 5-6 turnovers and sleep walks through the game.

No disrespect intended to the one or two Owls fans who are lurking on this board, but you guys are looking at an almost certain loss.

Unfortunately, that could happen. If there's one thing that I hope we work the hardest on this off-season, it's to get rid of the worst turnover margin in the conference.

We're walking out of non-conference play 3-1, with our one loss being to Virginia Tech. No disrespect intended, but that's how I see it.

It's very possible. Blacksburg is a very difficult place to play. We'll have to play error-free and to the best of our abilities, and it still may not be good enough. Beemer is one heck of a coach and he's got some serious weapons on both sides of the ball.

If we win that game we could be in the Top Ten. Lose a close one and we'll enter the Missouri game ranked in the top 25. Get blown out and nobody is going to believe in us, not one bit.

A lot to ask of first year QB that really wasn't number one to start with.

We have not won on the road at a ranked opponents home field since 1997.

That is reality. Not saying we can not do it, but some with a matter of fact attitude are not very well grounded. I think we have a shot at it, if the warm up games go well, we have no major injuries. The QB will be the key, not winning the game, but not losing it for us. Suh has to be healthy and the LB will have to show they are what we think they are.

I think both will have problems moving the ball on each other if our defense plays like I think it is going to.

Just do not be too disappointed if we lose this game, if we do, I think it will be close, and I know moral victories are not Bo's forte, but it would help to play what is considered a fringe elite team a good game on their home field. I think Texas Tech gave us a lot of confidence last year even with the loss. Taking baby steps to get where we want to be is okay with me.

I agree if we beat them and they have not lost to Alabama already we will be in the top 10, close game we will be rated. If they lose to Alabama, who knows.

That's a good point, skersfan. It is what it is, and it's up to us to change that.

Colorado 2001 is where the wheels fell off, and we haven't done anything yet to regain the respect we lost. We have to go out and knock someone in the teeth before we get any respect. If we can do it at the home of a ranked team, all the better.

^ lost to v.tech? doubt it... that game is going to open a lot of people's eyes

I'm not saying we don't have a chance, I'm just going off of what my predictions for the year are. I think VaTech is a loss, because I still think they have better talent on both sides of the ball, especially there front seven on defense.