Huskers Illustrated

I was reading mine today and I got to the Mizzou section and the write-up is about Bill Snyder coming back to K-State and their upcoming season. That is some high quality proof-reading and editing right there. Two full pages of K-State with pictures of Mizzou players. They did get the little blocks of information correct though. If the place I work for sent out product information that was for the wrong product there would be heads rolling. Oh well I guess I don’t get to read up on Blaine Gabbert and the fighting Pinkel’s.

Yeah, I noticed this too. Kind of disappointed.

I've gotten used to getting my news for free, but at some point somebody has to pay someone to deliver researched, accountable and hopefully well-written content, because unpaid blogger speculation tends to hit the wall pretty quick. For years the net and the networks have simply quoted the work of the newspaper and magazine beat reporters. With print journalism dying something has to give.

Would you be willing to pay a penny each time you visit HuskerBoard?

I would. Micropayments are probably going to be the way of the future.

Although maybe it would be better if the internet was more expensive. Then I'd get more work done.

I've gotten used to getting my news for free, but at some point somebody has to pay someone to deliver researched, accountable and hopefully well-written content, because unpaid blogger speculation tends to hit the wall pretty quick. For years the net and the networks have simply quoted the work of the newspaper and magazine beat reporters. With print journalism dying something has to give.

Would you be willing to pay a penny each time you visit HuskerBoard?

I would. Micropayments are probably going to be the way of the future.

Although maybe it would be better if the internet was more expensive. Then I'd get more work done.

The thing is with HI, they are not getting much accurate news anymore. So they are right next to a blog with their guesswork. The reason being the AD has cut off damm near ANY news site from recruiting info or any type of news leaking out.

The old way of news leaking was that most of these writers had an 'in' with usually a coach or sometimes a person inside the AD. Not anymore. The new AD has changed this completely.

There was a good discussion that went downhill quickly on HI about some of the things going on right now. Alot of truth in what was being said.