Marlowe Cited By Police

I have a huge problem with this. As an 18 year old a friend of mine and I used to drive for several hours to a town on the Kansas border, buy 100 cases oc Coors beer, and then transport it back to Sioux City, Iowa and sell it at double what we piad for it to anyone who would buy. A couple of years later I routinely drove drunk, very drunk 2, 3 nights a week. I am not proud of this in any way it is just simply the facts about what happened 40 years ago. Today I still consume but I either drink at home or have a designated driver with me at all times. My son and his wife either call a cab or the C-Bear when they are out and are obviously smarter than I was at their age. My point is, college age kids will be tempted and even do things they shouldn't but the line that needs to be drawn closes the enterance into the driver's side of a car.

T_O_B

MIP is not = to DUI. If he were driving, I guarantee he would have gotten a DUI while the MIP would be dropped. This is not the case. It's funny though that you bring things up from 40 years ago. What was the legal blood alcohol back then? It was a heck of a lot higher than now. The only thing I can find is that most states were either .20 or .15. Apparently, you guys driving back then were a lot better drunk drivers than we have today.

:lol: Back in the day, I was the best drunk driver for us, so I was the designated drunk driver for us on our road trips to and from from Marysville, Kansas. You know it was a lot of fun back then because no one got hurt. Looking back it was real dumb, but we were young and invincible in our minds. We were some of the lucky ones, to make it through those times. Wouldn't want my kids doing it then or now.

GBR!!!

My understanding is in European countries you can drink young 16 - 18 but must be 21 to drive. I think the key idea is to separate the age of the two to discourage DUI. New drinkers + New drivers = Trouble

(Is it still DWI in Nebraska?)

From what I've read, you do not want to get caught drunk driving in Europe. I believe their limit is .05, and I understand that you lose your license forever if caught.

Brian Rosenthal on the JournalStar blogs is saying that three kids got booted off the team at Arkansas State for attempted burglary. One of them was shot in the robbery and is in the ICU.

All things considered, an MIP isn't the worst thing that could happen.

well, we assume we don't recruit THAT type of character, so we should be satisfied with players who have alcohol problems?

Alcohol problems? He wasn't even driving, just drinking under-age, which is pretty damn common.

I'm still trying to figure out why we assume we don't recruit the type of character. Considering some of the thugs that have played football and were recruited to Nebraska, why would we assume we don't recruit that type of player? Even Johnny the Jet attempted burglary.