Marlowe Cited By Police

It will blow over... Boys will be boys

:yeah

This is a weekly occurrence during the summer on MANY campuses. It's a testament to what we expect from our team that we get reactions like this: :facepalm: when one of our players does something like this. At Florida, Penn State, USC, etc this wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

Here's to higher standards. :clap

Brian Rosenthal on the JournalStar blogs is saying that three kids got booted off the team at Arkansas State for attempted burglary. One of them was shot in the robbery and is in the ICU.

All things considered, an MIP isn't the worst thing that could happen.

well, we assume we don't recruit THAT type of character, so we should be satisfied with players who have alcohol problems?

I have a huge problem with this. As an 18 year old a friend of mine and I used to drive for several hours to a town on the Kansas border, buy 100 cases oc Coors beer, and then transport it back to Sioux City, Iowa and sell it at double what we piad for it to anyone who would buy. A couple of years later I routinely drove drunk, very drunk 2, 3 nights a week. I am not proud of this in any way it is just simply the facts about what happened 40 years ago. Today I still consume but I either drink at home or have a designated driver with me at all times. My son and his wife either call a cab or the C-Bear when they are out and are obviously smarter than I was at their age. My point is, college age kids will be tempted and even do things they shouldn't but the line that needs to be drawn closes the enterance into the driver's side of a car.

T_O_B

Brian Rosenthal on the JournalStar blogs is saying that three kids got booted off the team at Arkansas State for attempted burglary. One of them was shot in the robbery and is in the ICU.

All things considered, an MIP isn't the worst thing that could happen.

well, we assume we don't recruit THAT type of character, so we should be satisfied with players who have alcohol problems?

If you're hoping that every kid we recruit will never get into trouble then I have bad news for you. If you're hoping that our student-athletes are getting arrested at a lower rate than our other students, I'd say you have a better chance of seeing that than zero arrests.

These are kids. Kids do dumb things. I did dumb things when I was a kid; heck, I was arrested and hauled to jail in handcuffs once, but I turned out all right. I'll bet half the members of this board have had brushes with the law as minors, from traffic violations to MIP. It's wrong, it sucks, but it happens. And no, robbery and getting shot by another kid (formerly) on another team doesn't fix that, but it is what it is.

I got three MIP's in Plattsmouth, Nebraska the last on graduation night after playing mailbox baseball. Not smart. They were just fines though no big deal. Sorry Mom! Alot of times small town cops have to get some action up North. But I could have gotten ticketed several other times. There are some cops that are cool.

Anyways Nebraska players should be more cautious with the bullseye on them everywhere they go.