At what age should you attend your first husker game?

pj54

I’m thinking of taking my 5 year old son to his first husker game but he’s not really know to sit still. I’ve taken him to a couple of Lincoln Stars games and he usually only last until the end of the second period. Would it really be worth it to pay for the tickets and likely see only half of the game?

I’m thinking of taking my 5 year old son to his first husker game but he’s not really know to sit still. I’ve taken him to a couple of Lincoln Stars games and he usually only last until the end of the second period. Would it really be worth it to pay for the tickets and likely see only half of the game?

Well, going by what your thread title says, I think any age is great! You just have to realize that they are probably going to be a pain in the ass. :)

I think you should take him. The atmosphere at a Husker game is a lot different than a stars game, so he may end up being more willing to sit through it. But with any kid, being in the same place for too long will result in the kid getting bored quickly. I, for one, didn't enjoy full Husker games till I was around the age of 10. Before that, I would have much rather played with my Hot Wheels then watch the game.

I think it's worth it, personally. Hopefully it will be a blow out (whichever game you take him to) so leaving early won't be that hard to stomach. ;)

Well, going by what your thread title says, I think any age is great! You just have to realize that they are probably going to be a pain in the ass. :)

I think you should take him. The atmosphere at a Husker game is a lot different than a stars game, so he may end up being more willing to sit through it. But with any kid, being in the same place for too long will result in the kid getting bored quickly. I, for one, didn't enjoy full Husker games till I was around the age of 10. Before that, I would have much rather played with my Hot Wheels then watch the game.

I think it's worth it, personally. Hopefully it will be a blow out (whichever game you take him to) so leaving early won't be that hard to stomach. ;)

and then you have some one like me who went to his first game when i was 4 and always sat still since it was the only time i really got to be around my father.

It depends on the person. If your son won't last for the whole game maybe now isn't the right time for him. I would imagine you'd want his first game to be special, and he may not appreciate it as much if he's "forced" to sit still for hours at a time. If he can do that, great. But a lot of five-year-olds can't, and won't enjoy themselves.

I went to my first game in Memorial Stadium at age 16. My dad and I went to Manhattan for a game when I was like 12 or 14, one of those "home away from home" games in the 80s when there were always more Husker fans than KSU fans in the stands. I was old enough to sit through the game and of course by that age I knew the whole team and got a lot out of it. At age five, I probably wouldn't have gotten as much out of it.

Wait untill its something he will remember. I would say when he watches the full game at home with dad and is into it, thats when its time. But if only lasts a few quarters before going outside, or moving on to something else. Wait.

On the selfish side, I would want to get as much out of it as my son, so I would wait so that you both can really enjoy it and BOTH have the memores of his first game

Wait untill its something he will remember. I would say when he watches the full game at home with dad and is into it, thats when its time. But if only lasts a few quarters before going outside, or moving on to something else. Wait.

On the selfish side, I would want to get as much out of it as my son, so I would wait so that you both can really enjoy it and BOTH have the memores of his first game

Fro, such a softy... :) but totally agreed.

I took my (now) ten year old daughter to see Nebraska play Texas in Austin on October 1999. She was three months old. I dressed her in a little felt cornhead that we had bought to use as a Halloween outfit (solely for our benefit to admire her cuteness because she was too young to know what was going on).

My wife had to take our daughter into the concourse in the second quarter (and stay there the rest of the game) because the little one was flipping out to the crowd roar whenever Texas made a big play.

Three months of age is too young. Now I know that. LOL.

And the Huskers blew that game. :-(