Lincoln: Is it that unattractive to recruits?

Nebraskas weather is unattractive to some, other than that I cant see how our campus would be anything but mindblowing along with the athletic facilities.

Really? It's a nice enough campus, and it's neater now than back when I was in school, but mindblowing? I don't see what would make it so. Mindblowing is something like Duke, or what little I saw of UCLA a few years ago. I do like the UNL campus better than Texas's, though.

Myabe indblowing was a little to much but UNL campus is still one of the tops in the nation. Now that doesnt just mean physical appearence, that includes academics, student services, etc. UCLA's campus is maybe on the same level as UNL's.

Nebraskas weather is unattractive to some, other than that I cant see how our campus would be anything but mindblowing along with the athletic facilities.

Really? It's a nice enough campus, and it's neater now than back when I was in school, but mindblowing? I don't see what would make it so. Mindblowing is something like Duke, or what little I saw of UCLA a few years ago. I do like the UNL campus better than Texas's, though.

Myabe indblowing was a little to much but UNL campus is still one of the tops in the nation. Now that doesnt just mean physical appearence, that includes academics, student services, etc. UCLA's campus is maybe on the same level as UNL's.

I haven't been on a lot of campuses, but I can guarentee you UNL is towards the bottom of my list. Dare I say it - I think Boulder has a better campus, set in the mountains, local community, etc. I would say that in the Big10 we might rank 7th or 8th as far as the campus goes. Nationally there 50-100 I'd much rather spend 4 years of my life at. If every day was gameday, and the entire campus was within a block of Memorial - UNL would improve in those rankings...but since that's not realistic...I'm going to put it WAY below mindblowing.

I haven't been on a lot of campuses, but I can guarentee you UNL is towards the bottom of my list. Dare I say it - I think Boulder has a better campus, set in the mountains, local community, etc. I would say that in the Big10 we might rank 7th or 8th as far as the campus goes. Nationally there 50-100 I'd much rather spend 4 years of my life at. If every day was gameday, and the entire campus was within a block of Memorial - UNL would improve in those rankings...but since that's not realistic...I'm going to put it WAY below mindblowing.

Completely agree. NU might have great student services but the campus itself is VERY average. I left Nebraska for college and a lot had to do with the campus. I ended up at KU which has a beautiful setting. I wouldn't even compare it to NU...not even in the same discussion.

Completely agree. NU might have great student services but the campus itself is VERY average. I left Nebraska for college and a lot had to do with the campus. I ended up at KU which has a beautiful setting. I wouldn't even compare it to NU...not even in the same discussion.

I love Neb so much, but I'm siding with u KU'ers. I was there for an acting competition in college, and dang that campus is gorgeous. It's like the perfect small town campus. I loved it! UNL isn't awful, it just isn't as sweet as KU.

I love Nebraska football, but would never live in Lincoln (or Nebraska in general for that matter, been out there for too many COLD winter vacations).

I see Nebraska/Lincoln did not crack this list: http://news.suite101.com/article.cfm/top-american-party-schools-2010-2011-princeton-review-rankings-a265882

But My Tigers made it back to the Top 20!

WOO! WOO! Kegger at the Reactor Field!

I love Nebraska football, but would never live in Lincoln (or Nebraska in general for that matter, been out there for too many COLD winter vacations).

I see Nebraska/Lincoln did not crack this list: http://news.suite101.com/article.cfm/top-american-party-schools-2010-2011-princeton-review-rankings-a265882

I am much more comfortable in freezing temperatures than I am in sauna-like conditions like we get here in the summer. I just don't understand why so many people prefer the heat and humidity to a bit of cold and snow. You can always add more layers to warm up. There is only so much you can take off to cool down.

I am much more comfortable in freezing temperatures than I am in sauna-like conditions like we get here in the summer. I just don't understand why so many people prefer the heat and humidity to a bit of cold and snow. You can always add more layers to warm up. There is only so much you can take off to cool down.

Gives ya an excuse to get naked, though! ;)

Having been around people that were here for the special olympics a couple of weeks ago, i heard NOTHING but great things about campus and how beautiful it was and how they wish that their local school had a campus as nice as Nebraskas is. And as far as KU goes.... I have a friend at KU that comes back n said they wish they would of gone to school here because they like campus more. It's a personal thing

And KC.... How can you say that you haven't been on a lot of campuses, but you know there are 50-100 you'd rather spend 4 years of your life at. Contradicting statements.

Really? I guess the last thing I cared about when I was 19 and choosing a school were the aesthetics of the campus. I went to Lincoln, had some of the best and most memorable times of my life, went to every Husker home game, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Really? I guess the last thing I cared about when I was 19 and choosing a school were the aesthetics of the campus. I went to Lincoln, had some of the best and most memorable times of my life, went to every Husker home game, and I wouldn't change a thing.

You are going to have the best memories of your life at any college.....it's college that's, what happens. I know you wouldn't change a thing and neither would I. I went to every home KU basketball game, watched 3 final fours (went to 1), and still made it to about 4 Nebraska home games a year. The women are better looking, the bars are more fun, and the campus is on another level....sorry Andy, just my opinion. Obviously Lincoln is a fine place. I visited friends a million times throughout college (and before and after) and had a TON of fun....it's just not Lawrence.

Not comparing your college experience to mine. Everyone's is unique. I'm glad to hear you loved UNL!

I see Nebraska/Lincoln did not crack this list: http://news.suite101...ankings-a265882

No way...no way. It gets down to 60 degrees and I'm upset. Give me 95 degrees and humidity any day. I actually think it feels great, although two-a-days in that were pretty horrible all those years ago.

Good point. How cool a campus looks is pretty far down the list of important factors in determining a college. It gives off a good first impression, but there are so many more important factors than that.