DT Kenny Mack

Kenny Mack

The 3 star defensive lineman out of Las Vegas dropped his commitment to UNLV, in favor of Nebraska. However, there is apparently some sort of undisclosed NCAA Rule that wont allow him to go strait to Nebraska in 2010. With that in mind he said that he is going to Fort Scott Community, and then will be joining the team the following year. He said that Ron Brown is an awesome and standout guy, and after researching the University this is where his heart is.

Kenny Mack

The 3 star defensive lineman out of Las Vegas dropped his commitment to UNLV, in favor of Nebraska. However, there is apparently some sort of undisclosed NCAA Rule that wont allow him to go strait to Nebraska in 2010. With that in mind he said that he is going to Fort Scott Community, and then will be joining the team the following year. He said that Ron Brown is an awesome and standout guy, and after researching the University this is where his heart is.

He looks to be a good player, too bad the grey shirt thing couldn't work out. If he goes to JUCO and RS there, how many years of eligibility will he have left, 3 or 4?

Kenny Mack

I heard it was because he attended part of highschool outside the US. Can anyone confirm this? Or give the reason for the admission trouble?

Kenny Mack

I heard it was because he attended part of highschool outside the US. Can anyone confirm this? Or give the reason for the admission trouble?

I cant confirm why he can't attend right away, but I am looking into it. Also by the time that he gets to lincoln he will have 3 years of elgibility more than likely. Kind of like Ricky Henry when he went to South Dakota in Wapheton I think?

Kenny Mack

i beleve he had to do some of his highschool in germany and that might be the problem.

Kenny Mack

I cant confirm why he can't attend right away, but I am looking into it. Also by the time that he gets to lincoln he will have 3 years of elgibility more than likely. Kind of like Ricky Henry when he went to South Dakota in Wapheton I think?

Ricky is a 3/2 guy like Gomes. Kinnie is a 3/3 guy. I always get confused about what each JUCO player has for eligibility.

Kenny Mack

i beleve he had to do some of his highschool in germany and that might be the problem.

I thought that was because he his Dad is in the Armed Forces, if he went to base schools I don't see why this is an issue. I would have to ask buddies who were stationed there and had kids though.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been in Vegas since 90 and had never heard of Arbor View HS where this kid attended, come to find out it's 4 blocks away from my house. Wow I work way too dang much.

Any new word on Mack?

Due to going to school abroad he was in a screwy academic-transfer situation where he had too many credits to play high school ball but not enough to come here. He's going to Fort Scott Community. He should at-least be here next summer but could be here in the winter.

I've been in Vegas since 90 and had never heard of Arbor View HS where this kid attended, come to find out it's 4 blocks away from my house. Wow I work way too dang much.

Any new word on Mack?

Due to going to school abroad he was in a screwy academic-transfer situation where he had too many credits to play high school ball but not enough to come here. He's going to Fort Scott Community. He should at-least be here next summer but could be here in the winter.

Does that meas he has committed? Rumor a while back was that he was a silent commit.

Any new word on Mack?

Does that meas he has committed? Rumor a while back was that he was a silent commit.

Yes he has committed but he has to go JUCO to get qualified first due to his transcript issues. So technically not a sure commit as other schools can still recruit him until he signs after JUCO, but it seems like he is a safe bet. I guess he would be in the recruiting class of 2011?