Blackshirts

I think the big reason they didn't get them for so long last year was they weren't committed to Bo's system yet. Too much to unlearn, too many bad habits to overcome. Once they figured it out, they got the 'shirts.

If they're working as hard as the staff is saying, I'd be surprised if they don't have them 1) right now or 2) before the FAU game. I don't think it's going to be several games into the season like last year.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where Suh doesn't have his before the season starts.

IMO, they'll get them after fall camp. I don't think Pellini wants to turn this into a silly mind game. Rather, I think he had to establish what expectations were going to be last year. Everything I'm reading seems to indicate that the players "get it" so I would be supprised if things didn't go as they always did pre BC.

I think the players now know what it really means to be inspired on the defensive side of the ball(thanks Bo).

They will prove to the coaches in fall camp and hopefully EARN them before FAU. But the staff knows more than I do, so lets see them earn the blackshirts on the feild.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where Suh doesn't have his before the season starts.

Maybe Suh will be the only one to get his? :clap

Anyways, I don't think that Bo is going to hold out on the jerseys for as long as last year. As long as they are practicing well and putting in 100% effort, they will get them before the first game imho. I don't think Nebraska fans/boosters are going to be happy year in and year out if the blackshirts stay a guessing game.

Messing with when the players get the blackshirts goes against tradition, given that they always got them before the first game. I'm all for making the players earn them, but if we have to keep asking ourselves every year "when are the players going to get the blackshirts?", I would vote to just have them taken away permanently. Seems rather pointless if it is handled in that regard.