Va Tech loses RB for year

Reality says it should help our chances. My heart says I wish he was there so there would be no doubts if we pull it off.

Don't kid yourself, VT has a great QB and a stable of running backs that will shoulder this loss. This is the kind of program that can absorb a tough loss like this.

:yeah Last year VT's offense was pretty young and inexperienced and still managed to take care of business in Lincoln, even after losing Ore. I doubt they'll even be impacted this year either. They just get it done.

But, it's still a shame for this kid and I hope he heals well and comes back stronger for next year.

Reality says it should help our chances. My heart says I wish he was there so there would be no doubts if we pull it off.

Don't kid yourself, VT has a great QB and a stable of running backs that will shoulder this loss. This is the kind of program that can absorb a tough loss like this.

:yeah Last year VT's offense was pretty young and inexperienced and still managed to take care of business in Lincoln, even after losing Ore. I doubt they'll even be impacted this year either. They just get it done.

But, it's still a shame for this kid and I hope he heals well and comes back stronger for next year.

Although this is a big loss, they have back up after back up that can fill in and not miss a beat. Even in 2007 when KU played VTech in the Orange Bowl, Ore missed the first quarter, due to a team violation, and his back up was just as good. They're a strong program right now.

I agree except for the part about Brandon Ore. His last and biggest contribution was addition by subtraction.

I do some fantasy stuff on CBS Sportsline so I check their headlines every once in a while. They have a writer named "Dodd" who is an absolute moron. Here's his latest:

End of the season for the Hokies? :dunno

That's the initial question that pops out for me after leading rusher Darren Evans blew out his left ACL on Tuesday. Knees and joints get hurt all the time. The question is how surviving members of a team deal with those injuries. Mentally.

For the moment, it will be easy for the Hokies to go in the tank. :wtf With Evans, they were a top 10 team. Without him, there is uncertainty. The No. 1 tailback now becomes redshirt sophomore Josh Oglesby, a guy with 38 career carries. There are a couple of freshman on the come -- redshirt Ryan Williams and true freshman David Wilson -- but their time was in the future.

At first glance, the season is shot. :wtf The two-time defending ACC champs can still win the conference but with Evans there were higher hopes. Virginia Tech struggles offensively most of the time as it is. This puts more pressure on quarterback Tyrod Taylor who has the feet, not necessarily the arm to take over full-time for the first time. But things would have been a lot easier for Taylor with him handing off to Evans 25 times a game.

This is certainly a big blow to VA Tech, and it sucks that it happened three weeks before the opener, but for the love of Frank Beemer, it's not like the cupboard is completely empty in Blacksburg. They have talented guys, they're just young. Young does not = incapable.

Sorry for spoiling an otherwise decent thread with this guy, but he just slays me sometimes.

Although this is a big loss, they have back up after back up that can fill in and not miss a beat. Even in 2007 when KU played VTech in the Orange Bowl, Ore missed the first quarter, due to a team violation, and his back up was just as good. They're a strong program right now.

Come on man, KU has never been to the Orange Bowl..................... that ppl actually watched.

:)

Again the Husker nation shows their class! Thanks guys! As you may suspect I am on other message boards and many of the other fan-boards "celebrate" a 20 year old's injuries... I think we will be fine with respect to RBs. Although he is an unbelievable athlete this position is stacked at the moment and may give Williams some serious playing time - starting with Bama. Can't express how impressed I am with your responses to these news. Huskers know what it is like to win NCs so you aren't so "narrow" that you celebrate a surgery-requiring injury of a young kid. Here's to a great season for both our teams and I know that although only one team can be victorious on September 19, both teams are going to kick some serious a throughout the season!!!