NU 12th in Power Rankings

Fro, Graham's non-partisan rankings don't make up for Forde's partisan rankings. Neither does anyone else's partisanship make up for Forde's. When you're in a position like that, when you're supposed to be doing something with integrity and you don't, that's just wrong. There's no equivocating about it.

It's one thing to have them ranked lower. It's another thing not to rank them AT ALL. Out of 15 rankers only two, Forde and Rece Davis, have NU unranked. That's pretty tough to fathom.

I see your point, but I would say this, having them ranked #12 is much more of a joke than not having them ranked at all. What did the coaches poll have them at #23, #24 something like that. So I would argue any one in a position as those in this poll that ranked NE above #18 is wrong. Although I belive #18 would be WAY to high, I would give room for a 4-5 team swap. But #12, thats just stupid.

For all we know Forde has them at 26 or close to that. He has said he thinks CU will win the north and he has them at #22. He may be wrong. But atleast he has his reasons for doing it that way and stuck to it. More than can be said for Ivan

Okay, both of you put your keyboards away and come down from the grassy knoll. A range of rankings from 12th to >25 is entirely reasonable for preseason rankings from different sportswriters. Look at Neutred Dame, their ranking mirror our own very closely.

NU: 12, 16, 18, 20, NR

ND: 11, 14, 15, 19, NR

:nanalama

Okay, both of you put your keyboards away and come down from the grassy knoll. A range of rankings from 12th to >25 is entirely reasonable for preseason rankings from different sportswriters. Look at Neutred Dame, their ranking mirror our own very closely.

Grassy knoll? :)

We're just having a discussion. This isn't aggravated or heated at all.

For the record I agree with you completely. Looking at the teams we have to choose from, it's a complete crapshoot on where to put anyone.

For the record I agree with you completely. Looking at the teams we have to choose from, it's a complete crapshoot on where to put anyone.

Oh, I don’t think your discussion was aggravated or heated at all. But conspiracy theories of blatant bias seemed to be sneaking in from both (opposite) perspectives. That, and I just wanted to make a post with that little banana guy riding the llama (whatever that means?) Here he is again:

And to edit my statement, I think it's a crapshoot where to put anyone outside of the top four. I think pretty much everyone thinks Florida, Texas, OU and USC are in the title picture this year. After that... it's murky.

Murky indeed. Shoot, even the top 4 can be a bit murky. But that’s why it’s fun to talk about and debate.

Oh, I don’t think your discussion was aggravated or heated at all. But conspiracy theories of blatant bias seemed to be sneaking in from both (opposite) perspectives. That, and I just wanted to make a post with that little banana guy riding the llama (whatever that means?) Here he is again:

ride on banana man........ride on.

p.s. i saw a second voter behind the bush outside of ivan's window.... :lol:

You tell me who has better WR option than Golden Tate and Michael Floyd? I might be a little biased though. I played against Floyd and current number one recruit Seantrell Henderson in 2007. I hate Cretin Derham Hall.

I can name several actually!

Carrier/Edwards @ Houston

Robinson/ Sanders @ SMU

Briscoe/ Mier @ KU

Dixon/Smiter @ Rice

Childs/ Pettis @ Boise St.

Brown / Baptiste & S. Miss

And by the end of next season, probably Britton/Lewis @ TT & Broyles/ Caleb @ OU as well.

Didn't TAR or TAH (Tuff Tigger) already tell us that that "Simple" was a corn riding a pickle?

Didn't TAR or TAH (Tuff Tigger) already tell us that that "Simple" was a corn riding a pickle?

:lol: yes, yes he did. I wish he would come around more