So I wrote a letter to Bo Pelini and this is what I got back

Apathy

So if you don't know I'm planning a bachelor party for the 300th Consecutive Sellout game. Whats better than tailgating with friends and family and then watching your favorite football team play for a bachelor party uh :lol: So I decided to write both Bo Pelini and Tom Osborne and today I actually got a letter in the mail from Tom Osborne signed himself and this is what I got back from Bo Pelini's Assistant:

Brett – We received your letter dated July 29, 2009. It sounds like you have a lot of exciting things going on in your life right now. You and Heather look like a very nice couple and you have so much to look forward to this next year.

As for the tickets you have requested, we do not have any control over tickets in this office. Several years ago each sport did have tickets they could give out to special guests, but that is no longer true. Our Development Office oversees the ticket office now. I am going to forward your letter to our ticket office. The 300th sellout game is probably a difficult game to get tickets to, but if they can do anything to help you I know they will. You might consider another game. I don’t know if they can help you even at that but it is another possibility.

We hope you are able to work something out. We wish you and Heather many years of happiness together.

Linda Leupold

Assistant to Bo Pelini

So I was excited that I actually got a response back but it gets better.....a few days later I get another e-mail that states this:

Hi Brett,

Linda in Coach Pelini’s office said you were interested in some football tickets to a home game. I am happy to tell you that right now, because of visiting team returns, we could help you with tickets to any of the first 3 home games (Florida Atlantic Sept. 5, Arkansas State Sept. 12, or Louisiana Lafayette September 26). The tickets are all $55 each and if you would like to call our office with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover, we would be glad to help you. A press release will go out in the next day or two letting everyone know about these tickets so the earlier you can call, the better so we don’t sell out. Anyone here would be glad to help you when you call! Thanks so much for supporting Husker Athletics!

Kristi

Assistant Ticket Manager

So I ordered 13 tickets last Friday and ordered another 3 on Monday and my dad has 2 tickets because he has season tickets so there is going to be 18 of us partying our a$$es off and then gonna go enjoy a football game. I guess if you really do work hard enough you dreams do come true....I hope you guys enjoyed this thread

When I got this e-mail I knew the Old Nebraska was coming back. With both Tom Osborne coming back as well as Bo Pelini and the season we had last year and now this email I know that the Old Nebraska is SOOO CLOSE.

Thanks for the kind words AR Husker and I'll post pictures for everybody to see. GO BIG RED.....20 some days left until Kickoff

When I got this e-mail I knew the Old Nebraska was coming back. With both Tom Osborne coming back as well as Bo Pelini and the season we had last year and now this email I know that the Old Nebraska is SOOO CLOSE.

Thanks for the kind words AR Husker and I'll post pictures for everybody to see. GO BIG RED.....20 some days left until Kickoff

For the record, I believe Linda was Coach Callahan's assistant also, and did an equally great job working for him.

Congrats on the marriage - enjoy it! (Oh, and the bachelor party too)

Jock,

The tickets are just the added bonus, remember that. It will keep you out of trouble down the road.

I agree with the comment that the real Nebraska is coming back. A good warm feeling.

And yes Linda was BC's assistant. I am glad she is still there.

Congrats on the marriage, and on scoring the tickets. Remember, nothing is more important than the first listing when telling this story down the road. Trust me life will be better for it.