Greg Paulus

With Greg Paulus being named starter at Syracuse, does anyone kinda wish that he would have chose to come here, now that Spano has gone down with another ACL tear? I'm not saying that I wish he would have came here, but it is a bit ironic considering the circumstances.

no.

And lets not forget that it is Syracuse....

exactly what I was going to say. Had he gone to Florida and knocked CFB Jesus out of his spot then it would be worth mentioning but he went to Syracuse. I don't think the Orangemen are exactly contenders for the national title this year. He sounded like a stud in high school but that was also, high school. Guy always seemed a little short to me, he needs to pick a sport/position where he doesn't need height

Greg Paulus being named starter shocks me nearly as much as Sam Keller being named starter. With one year of eligibility to work with, neither Paulus now nor Keller back in the day were going to go to a school where they wouldn't start.

Exactly, if Ganz would have been made the starter that year that would have been shocking, but agreed guys that leave programs will look for the easy in. Paulus would have had a huge uphill climb at NU.

Greg Paulus being named starter shocks me nearly as much as Sam Keller being named starter. With one year of eligibility to work with, neither Paulus now nor Keller back in the day were going to go to a school where they wouldn't start.

Exactly, if Ganz would have been made the starter that year that would have been shocking, but agreed guys that leave programs will look for the easy in. Paulus would have had a huge uphill climb at NU.

Yeah against such an advanced opponent in Zac Lee with all his starts and career touchdowns. Lets not act like both of these guys aren't coming into the season with the same type of experience. Yeah Paulas has been away from the game but he was highly touted out of high school with many accolades. King of flop or not his competitiveness and willingness to win cannot be denied. I think it will be interesting to see what both of these first year quarterbacks do.

Yeah against such an advanced opponent in Zac Lee with all his starts and career touchdowns. Lets not act like both of these guys aren't coming into the season with the same type of experience. Yeah Paulas has been away from the game but he was highly touted out of high school with many accolades. King of flop or not his competitiveness and willingness to win cannot be denied. I think it will be interesting to see what both of these first year quarterbacks do.

lets see Paulus would have an advantage over Zac Lee b/c he played basketball at Duke for 4 years... <_< Too much competition for him at NU to burn 1 year of eligibility.

While Paulus was shooting hoops, Lee was completing 64% of his passes for 3,400 yards and 35 TDs en route to the California Jr. College Championship game. Paulus hasn't played competitive football in four years. Of their two resumes, Lee's is by far superior.

While Paulus was shooting hoops, Lee was completing 64% of his passes for 3,400 yards and 35 TDs en route to the California Jr. College Championship game. Paulus hasn't played competitive football in four years. Of their two resumes, Lee's is by far superior.

If you look at my earlier statement you are making the point that I made. The only thing we have to judge both players quarterback ability is their past accomplishments. Unless i'm mistaken they both graduated in 2004 and Paulas was the more sought after of the two. All im saying is it will be interesting to see how the both of them do.

What earlier statement? Your only post in this thread is your crack about "such an advanced opponent in Zac Lee with all his starts and career touchdowns," which doesn't sound like you're giving both equal due. The fact is Lee's resume is far superior to Paulus' and even comparing the two at this point is pretty silly. Paulus is a basketball player trying to play football. Lee is a football player getting on track with his grades. Of the two, there's no doubt who you would want at this point, and it's not even close.

What earlier statement? Your only post in this thread is your crack about "such an advanced opponent in Zac Lee with all his starts and career touchdowns," which doesn't sound like you're giving both equal due. The fact is Lee's resume is far superior to Paulus' and even comparing the two at this point is pretty silly. Paulus is a basketball player trying to play football. Lee is a football player getting on track with his grades. Of the two, there's no doubt who you would want at this point, and it's not even close.

That's the magic of pre-season message boarding, everyone's right until the season starts. We shall see where both players are in due time.