Alex Henery Makes a 73 yard FG in practice

ok not really :P, but I do have a question about him... do you think he can successfully go back and forth between punting and kicking.

I guess I just think its strange our FG kicker is also our punter... I would just hate to see him start struggling kicking FG's because hes doing to much by going back and forth.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Aug 19 2009, 08:56 PM) 453659[/snapback]

There are several teams that have the same guy punting and kicking. It's an extra 6-10 plays a game. I'm pretty sure he can hack it.

That's what I was thinking. Not really concerned. Although, I don't think I've ever seen the FG kicker do the punting. It seems as though its always the guy that does the kick-offs handles the punting as well. So, I dunno... I still don't think it's going to cause that much more fatigue in his leg...

My only concern is injury, like Red Storm Brewing said. Especially against Colorado, where I'm sure 11 guys will be looking for some kind of vengeance on the kid who beat them last year.

Name one punter/kicker who has ever been knocked out of a game by a team looking for vengance for a game winning kick the year before. That's quite a stretch there.

Also, Arizona State's kicker, the 2007 Groza Award winner, is the team's punter as well.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Aug 20 2009, 01:43 AM) 453713[/snapback]

My only concern is injury, like Red Storm Brewing said. Especially against Colorado, where I'm sure 11 guys will be looking for some kind of vengeance on the kid who beat them last year.

Name one punter/kicker who has ever been knocked out of a game by a team looking for vengance for a game winning kick the year before. That's quite a stretch there.

Also, Arizona State's kicker, the 2007 Groza Award winner, is the team's punter as well.

Guys go headhunting for kickers enough that both the NCAA and the NFL have specific rules against it.

Who knows if it will happen. It has happened. He is more at risk being out on the field than being on the bench in favor of another punter, that's all I'm saying.