AP Poll

Yeah I saw the Lou Holtz thing and about threw up...

The only thing that made sense is their schedule is PATHETIC... seriously these guys need to join a f'n conference. However I think they are over rated to begin with so they will fall in at least 2 games, I know they play USC so thats one.

Don't people remember they were about to fire their coach and probably would have but they had to much money in him. Then they go to the Hawaii Bowl and look good against Hawaii and that makes them a Top 25 team?

I didn't see the complete 25 so I went on yahoo sports and I guess I'm confused are the huskers ranked?

"No. 23 Nebraska and No. 25 Kansas are the other Big 12 teams, along with Texas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State."

"Notre Dame is back in the rankings for the first time since the final poll of the 2006 season. The Fighting Irish, coming off a 7-6 season, are No. 23"

Notre Dame is ESPNs annual embarrassment. I believe this year Kirk Herbstreit had them ranked 13th. The Irish are a team that invent ways to lose every damn season, yet here were are again with a preseason poll that has them in the top 25, with pundits everywhere predicting a BCS game.

Makes me want to puke Mike Gundy style.

Lou Holtz will always be a tool. ND playing for the MNC? That's about as funny as a Kansas fan saying the Jayhawks will win the Big XII.

Saying that ND will be in the MNC is like saying Clemson will make it to the MNC this year. They had the exact same season in wins and losses, but at least Clemson got a first down in the first half of every game they played last year unlike ND not getting a single one until midway through the third quarter against USC.

Lou Holtz is an idiot sometimes, but at least he gave us the respect we deserved when they did the ESPN poll a couple years ago and Herbstreit was whining like a little girl the whole time.

Notre Dame will always be over-rated...that's just the way it is... :dunno

The one part of this poll that has me scratching my head is that Mississippi is in the top 10.

:wtf

They went 9-4 last year and lost to: Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and South Carolina. Given how good Alabama was losing to them is understandable.

Oh wait...they beat Jesus Tebow and the Florida Gaytors... :bang

How a team can go from 9-4 one season to the top 10 next season, based on one victory, is puzzling to be sure.

I'll steer clear of Lou's comments, lol.

Alabama went 7-6 in 2007, including a home loss to UL-Monroe and a narrow Independence Bowl win going into 2008. Young teams do improve and ND has been one of the youngest teams in the country the past two seasons (ND was starting 7 true freshman in 2007, 4 in 2008). ND had only 8 players from the 2004 recruiting class remain by 2007, and only a couple were decent. The 2005 class wasn't much better. It was as close to the death penalty as you can get. And those have now been fully replaced with excellent classes in 2007 and 2008 who have experience.

I have no issue with anyone or any pollster leaving ND outside the top 25, but to be so up in arms over a #23 ranking? I just don't see why. And ND isn't always ranked. This is the first time ND has been ranked in any poll, preseason or otherwise, since the 2006 season. Also, ND has started out unranked in 6 of the last 9 preseason polls.

Sorry, but it seems like everyone is going insane over a #23 rating. As if ND has spent lots of time ranked highly in the last couple of years. But even so, I hope the Huskers have a great season, despite this ND hating. :cheers

I just don't buy Penn State as a top 10 team this season. Just 8 returning starters, they also lost one of their projected LB starters for the season. #9? I don't think so. I see them as a 2-loss team in the Big 10 this season. Closer to their 06 and 07 teams, rather 2008.

And yeah, Mississippi has gotten more mileage out of 1 win than any team in recent memory. I don't see why they'll do any better than Houston Nutt's best teams at Arkansas. 9-3ish.

If there's a God, someone will knock off Florida. I don't think I can handle Thom Brennaman in the booth auditioning to take Tim Tebow's virginity again.

The one part of this poll that has me scratching my head is that Mississippi is in the top 10.

They went 9-4 last year and lost to: Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and South Carolina. Given how good Alabama was losing to them is understandable.

How a team can go from 9-4 one season to the top 10 next season, based on one victory, is puzzling to be sure.

I think that the perception of Ole Miss being so good is because of 1. as mentioned before, they beat Florida. 2. they did just completely destroy Texas Tech, who was perceived as a powerhouse last year.

In my opinion Ole Miss should be a top 15 team, but i don't agree that they should start in the top 10.

I think that the perception of Ole Miss being so good is because of 1. as mentioned before, they beat Florida. 2. they did just completely destroy Texas Tech, who was perceived as a powerhouse last year.

In my opinion Ole Miss should be a top 15 team, but i don't agree that they should start in the top 10.

Snead is also a very good returning QB. Looks like they have some other good talent coming back as well. Top 10 would not surprise me.