Tom Shatel on Castille

Here is Bo's quote,

"We have guidelines, we have policies that we have set up here, we have a culture we have set up here," Pelini said. "It's pretty black and white my expectations and what we lay out as a staff, and if somebody doesn't follow those policies or guidelines, they're no longer going to be with the program. That's the case with Quentin. I wish him luck. He's a good kid. He's just not going to be with our program anymore. I wish him luck in the future. The book is closed on that."

I don't think asking Tom for advice was necessary. It's not Tom's team, it's Bo's. You don't like it and you want to cheer for a team full of individual thugs, pick a team in Florida to cheer for.

And you know for a fact the Gill would have asked TO for advice? How about we trust that Bo is doing his job and not question him b/c some football player could not keep his nose clean?!? I would think that TO would do the same thing here. There may be times where the HEAD COACH makes a decision without the Unity Council and TO's advice....I mean he is the HEAD COACH, right?

There is such a thing as privacy. Let's say you got fired from your job. Would you want everyone in the company, town/city, state, and nation to know about what you did?

Here is Bo's quote,

"We have guidelines, we have policies that we have set up here, we have a culture we have set up here," Pelini said. "It's pretty black and white my expectations and what we lay out as a staff, and if somebody doesn't follow those policies or guidelines, they're no longer going to be with the program. That's the case with Quentin. I wish him luck. He's a good kid. He's just not going to be with our program anymore. I wish him luck in the future. The book is closed on that."

I don't think asking Tom for advice was necessary. It's not Tom's team, it's Bo's. You don't like it and you want to cheer for a team full of individual thugs, pick a team in Florida to cheer for.

Bo is showing his inexperience as a head coach by NOT seeking the advice of the man who was accused of winning at all costs.

And you know for a fact the Gill would have asked TO for advice? How about we trust that Bo is doing his job and not question him b/c some football player could not keep his nose clean?!? I would think that TO would do the same thing here. There may be times where the HEAD COACH makes a decision without the Unity Council and TO's advice....I mean he is the HEAD COACH, right?

There is such a thing as privacy. Let's say you got fired from your job. Would you want everyone in the company, town/city, state, and nation to know about what you did?

I hope Q speaks out about what happened... then we will see.

Being fired is a part of life, but lets face it... you and I dont have jobs that put us in the public spotlight. So who cares why we would get fired?

Being fired is a part of life, but lets face it... you and I dont have jobs that put us in the public spotlight. So who cares why we would get fired?

Actually I do have a job that puts me in the public spotlight...in two different communities to be exact. What is it going to do if Q speaks out? Is it going to make Bo look like an a$$ or get him fired? Probably not.

Actually I do have a job that puts me in the public spotlight...in two different communities to be exact. What is it going to do if Q speaks out? Is it going to make Bo look like an a$$ or get him fired? Probably not.

and still nobody cares about what you do because I dont see 80,000 plus coming to your job to cheer you on or talking you up/down on a website.

dont make this about you or me, its about Bo and Q and the things that should have been done to do the right thing for Q and not just the team. Remember those guys named TO and Lawrence Philips? TO beat the path Bo is on right now and to not consult TO on the matter shows Bo's inexperience in these matters.

and still nobody cares about what you do because I dont see 80,000 plus coming to your job to cheer you on or talking you up/down on a website.

dont make this about you or me, its about Bo and Q and the things that should have been done to do the right thing for Q and not just the team. Remember those guys named TO and Lawrence Philips? TO beat the path Bo is on right now and to not consult TO on the matter shows Bo's inexperience in these matters.

:laughpound

I am not making it about you and me....I am simply trying to prove a point that you would not want your dirty laundry aired for all to here....whether you think people care or not. It is pretty simple to understand that there are privacy issues and if the football dept. or athletic dept. wanted all to know I am sure they will hold a press conference telling us what happened...oh wait, that already happened when Bo said the program has rules and guidelines to follow.

Since this is not the first time there was an issue with Q, maybe TO told Bo that if something happens again, kick him off of the team. It is all speculation.

I do feel a little sorry for Q, but if he cannot follow the rules set by Bo and the program then he needs to suffer the consequences.

I am not making it about you and me....I am simply trying to prove a point that you would not want your dirty laundry aired for all to here....whether you think people care or not. It is pretty simple to understand that there are privacy issues and if the football dept. or athletic dept. wanted all to know I am sure they will hold a press conference telling us what happened...oh wait, that already happened when Bo said the program has rules and guidelines to follow.

Since this is not the first time there was an issue with Q, maybe TO told Bo that if something happens again, kick him off of the team. It is all speculation.

I do feel a little sorry for Q, but if he cannot follow the rules set by Bo and the program then he needs to suffer the consequences.

I agree that there should be consequences for rule infractions, hands down. I am saying as a 2nd year HEAD COACH that TO should have been consulted as TO beat the path Bo just went down. I think Bo should have been a bit more forthcoming with something more than "he broke a rule and now he is gone, end of story". I know thats not the quote, but an incident like this could hurt recruiting, team morale, etc. The players know the rules, the coaches know, etc. but for any prospective outsider who is thinkg about walking on or better yet, signing a letter of intent may think twice about playing for a coach that expects everyone to be on eggshells when he is around.

If's, coulda, shoulda, woulda, maybe.

We have no clue of what Bo did. Possibly Coach Osborne said get his ass out, who knows.

What ever Castille did, had to be worse than Pauls, DWI. So be gone with him.

It is not about the player, it is about the team. PERIOD!!! WE SHOLD HAVE LEARNED THAT LESSON BY NOW!!!!

Again I state, Bo was not my choice, but just about everything he does sets this program up for the future.

He is doing a great job.

I agree that there should be consequences for rule infractions, hands down. I am saying as a 2nd year HEAD COACH that TO should have been consulted as TO beat the path Bo just went down. I think Bo should have been a bit more forthcoming with something more than "he broke a rule and now he is gone, end of story". I know thats not the quote, but an incident like this could hurt recruiting, team morale, etc. The players know the rules, the coaches know, etc. but for any prospective outsider who is thinkg about walking on or better yet, signing a letter of intent may think twice about playing for a coach that expects everyone to be on eggshells when he is around.

Or, a recruit and his family could see that Bo holds kids accountable and will not allow for any kind of behavior that is detrimental to the team/school.

Anyways, Q made the decision to not follow the rules and Bo acted. End of story.

Here is Bo's quote,

Bo is showing his inexperience as a head coach by NOT seeking the advice of the man who was accused of winning at all costs.

and you know that Bo didnt seek T.O.'s advice? Bo has stated many times before that he goes to Dr Tom and asks advice, and Tom gives it with the caveat, "It's your team, you have to do what you think is right".

we dont know what Glenn did, we dont know what Dixon did, we dont know what Q did, other than they violated some team rule and was punished for it. we may never know what happened, and i am fine with that.

It is between Q and Bo, and IF either of them want us to know they will tell us. but dont count on it

"And now there's one less reason to like Nebraska this season."

Well Tom, you can't have it both ways. Do you want to be Thug-U and go undefeated? Or do you want some integrity and have respect and not have a national championship? This is Nebraska, not Miami and Florida State. I want a National Championship as much or more than the next Husker fan, but I don't want my alma mater to be constantly associated with trouble-makers and criminals that make it the only way Nebraska makes Sportscenter highlights. What kind of example does it set if a spotlight player gets away with doing whatever the hell they want? Then EVERYONE is doing whatever the hell they want, and then you have a bad situation. I like Nebraska MORE than I did before this 'Q' thing, Tom. This is a college team, not an NFL training ground, as much as some idiot head coach a few years' back tried to turn it into. Nebraska is already behind the 8-ball when it comes to recruiting, so why should we stoop to take on a group of players who cannot represent the school properly? I honestly don't know if Bo really cares about these guys getting an education, I think he does, but most of these guys are NOT going to the NFL. So hey...how about getting a college degree while you're playing your ass off at a great school for a high-integrity coach? Sadly, this just doesn't seem to matter that much any more.

For what it's worth, I understood it as there's one less reason to "like" Nebraska to win the North, as he commented that they were favored to win the North only if "everything went right." Maybe I'm not taking it the way he intended, but that's what I thought it meant.

Remember when Callahan disolved the unity council, well Bo just about did the same with this move. Helu is likely to get hurt this season, it doesnt even sound like he is 100% despite the reports contrary... and even then, can we really believe what Bo says now?

I don't follow your logic... How does Bo keeping reasons for dismissal under wraps equate to dissolving the Unity Council? For all we know, it could have been the recommendation of the Unity Council to dismiss him.

Also, why does it make it difficult to believe Bo? He didn't lie about anything, he didn't try to mislead us. If anything, I'm more inclined to believe him. I think that respecting Castille's privacy and not throwing the kid under the bus for his own good shows that Bo has great integrity.

"And now there's one less reason to like Nebraska this season."

Well Tom, you can't have it both ways. Do you want to be Thug-U and go undefeated? Or do you want some integrity and have respect and not have a national championship? This is Nebraska, not Miami and Florida State. I want a National Championship as much or more than the next Husker fan, but I don't want my alma mater to be constantly associated with trouble-makers and criminals that make it the only way Nebraska makes Sportscenter highlights. What kind of example does it set if a spotlight player gets away with doing whatever the hell they want? Then EVERYONE is doing whatever the hell they want, and then you have a bad situation. I like Nebraska MORE than I did before this 'Q' thing, Tom. This is a college team, not an NFL training ground, as much as some idiot head coach a few years' back tried to turn it into. Nebraska is already behind the 8-ball when it comes to recruiting, so why should we stoop to take on a group of players who cannot represent the school properly? I honestly don't know if Bo really cares about these guys getting an education, I think he does, but most of these guys are NOT going to the NFL. So hey...how about getting a college degree while you're playing your ass off at a great school for a high-integrity coach? Sadly, this just doesn't seem to matter that much any more.

For what it's worth, I understood it as there's one less reason to "like" Nebraska to win the North, as he commented that they were favored to win the North only if "everything went right." Maybe I'm not taking it the way he intended, but that's what I thought it meant.

That is how I took it also